It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran / Syria in possible attempt to over throw lebanese Goverment!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

US issues Lebanon 'plot' warning

Mr Hariri was killed in an explosion in February 2005
The United States has said there is "mounting evidence" that Syria, Iran and Hezbollah are planning to topple the Lebanese government.
The White House said Syria hoped to stop the formation of an international tribunal to try suspects in the killing of former Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri.

Spokesman Tony Snow said any attempt to destabilise the Lebanese government would violate UN resolutions.

A UN team has been investigating who was behind Mr Hariri's death in 2005.[/exe]

Now this may be biased news from the USA or it may be true, but will this be the trigger that blows the region wide open? and is this the reason that syria is massing its army on the Golans ..... not looking good at the minute!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I posted this on the Other Events board, was that the wrong spot?

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It seems more to me that Israel is more interested in getting their hands on Lebanon then Iran or Syria is. Seems like for the past 25 years they just can't stay away. They love to send planes and UAV's over just to look at the place even during times of quiet.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Pieman,
we get lied to on a daily basis as members of the so called free people its amazing that it even filters through to us!

I'm not sure of what to make of this one, especially the USA sticking its nose in and accusing syria and Iran.... but a fight over lebanon? thats crazy..... but the worlds sure seen crazier causes for all out war.!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

I'm not sure of what to make of this one, especially the USA sticking its nose in and accusing syria and Iran.... but a fight over lebanon? thats crazy..... but the worlds sure seen crazier causes for all out war.!!

Whats disgusting is that Americans were over there in the midst of an attack and we dragged our feet to get them out, then to make matters worse we dragged our feet in order to secure a cease-fire which took over 30 days and claimed the lives of over 1000 innocent people, and now all of a sudden our government has a new-found concern for the Lebanese government. There is more to this then meets the eye.

Pie

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

Whats disgusting is that Americans were over there in the midst of an attack and we dragged our feet to get them out, then to make matters worse we dragged our feet in order to secure a cease-fire which took over 30 days and claimed the lives of over 1000 innocent people, and now all of a sudden our government has a new-found concern for the Lebanese government. There is more to this then meets the eye.

Pie

Yes, there is more than what meets the eye.

To me it looks like the Bush Administration is trying to make Iran look bad.

Why? I think anyone can deduce the answer to that question.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The Syrians were set up over the death of Hariri. I'm certain the Israelis would not have attacked otherwise. They needed Syrian forces out of Lebanon so what better way to do it than a simple assasination of a prominent figure, pointing thee blame at Syria.
The Syrians sure didn't benefit in any way from Hariri's death but Israel sure did

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't trust the USA/CIA, Israel/Mossad, Iran or Syria. They all lie. But Lebanon's current government falling would not be a benefit for Israel at all. And I could see Hezbollah clawing for control over Lebanon, perhaps with Iran. But Syria...Syria seems smarter and more moderate (the president does at least).

I would have to see the actual evidence and intelligence

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
The Syrians were set up over the death of Hariri. I'm certain the Israelis would not have attacked otherwise. They needed Syrian forces out of Lebanon so what better way to do it than a simple assasination of a prominent figure, pointing thee blame at Syria.
The Syrians sure didn't benefit in any way from Hariri's death but Israel sure did

Harriri was building Lebanon back up and had the people behind him. I find it strange that first Hariri gets wacked , then at the hint of the first border skirmish the Israelis take advantage and wipe out a majority of the work that was done, including the tourist industry.Then the plans for Israels attack on Lebanon as being pre-planned were leaked. It is highly suspect.

new topics

top topics

join