It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-masonic myspace page.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike316
The Masonic lodges became the meeting-places in which every type of impiety, immorality, and revolt found a safe refuge, and where all the anti-religious and anti-social elements met on common ground.

All the stuff I written about the religous aspects in masonry proves that masonry is a religion.

So which is it, a religion or anti-religion?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Maybe Maybe not I don't think that's any of your business.

Obviously then you have not. Therefore you have no clue what it's all about. Period.

As far as the joke being on me

Yeah, I find you humorous as well. Glad you understood.

All the stuff I written about the religous aspects in masonry proves that masonry is a religion. Lets stay on topic here. Masonry=religion.

Hmmm...lets see here.

Religions tend to offer a path of salvation for one's soul.

Masonry does NOT.

Religions tend to require a member to believe in a specific diety.

Masonry does NOT.

Religions tend to exclude those who's beliefs run contrary to their specific dogma.

Masonry, again, does NOT.

Three strikes. You're out.

Next clueless troll please.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Maybe Maybe not I don't think that's any of your business.

From your reply,I am going to deduct that you have never been to a masonic meeting. Therefore,you really haven't a clue. You are no different than all of the other anti-Masons I have come across, you make outrageous claims with unsubstantiated "evidence." It's all "he said that she said that he said," hearsay.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
(edit duplicate post)

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Appak]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh here we go let's change the topic. Maybe I was a mason...Maybe I'am a mason you will never know. For someone that doesn't practice any religon you sure have a setup like it practices a religon.

Freemasonry has its altars.

An altar is a table or pedestal upon which gifts and sacrifices are offered to some deity, and at which supplication and solemn covenants are made. It is especially a mark of religion, an evidence of religious service and worship. In sacred edifices it marks the "holy place" and is generally so situated that it is visible from all points in the sanctuary. The Masonic altar stands in the center of the lodge indicating that the religious acts there performed are the central things in the Masonic religious system.
The Masonic altar is specifically marked as such. Generally we find the distinctive symbols of Masonry engraved upon its sides, and always do the square and compass and the "book of the law" rest upon its top. It stands within the "triangle of lights," another specific Masonic mark. It is therefore an altar that is distinctively Masonic, and a mark of religion which is Masonic.

At this altar the candidate for Masonry kneels, and at it he solemnly swears allegiance to the institution, promising "ever to conceal and never to reveal any of the secret arts, parts, or points of the hidden mysteries of Masonry, which may have been heretofore, shall be at this time, or any future period communicated to him."

He then calls upon the Masonic deity to witness his oath and covenant, and binds himself by horrible penalties to be faithful to this Masonic covenant. This covenant from the Masonic viewpoint is paramount to all others which a Mason may enter.

And yes masonry is anti-christian looks like the joke is on the masons

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
mike, you're typing in English so I'll assume that you can read it as well. Care to answer my post?

Originally posted by intrepid

The Masonic lodges became the meeting-places in which every type of impiety, immorality, and revolt found a safe refuge, and where all the anti-religious and anti-social elements met on common ground.

All the stuff I written about the religous aspects in masonry proves that masonry is a religion.

So which is it, a religion or anti-religion?

I'm feeling all lonely over here. I'm the only one you seem to be ignoring.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
That proves your not reading my comments I left on about you at the end of the last one.

This Masonic doctrine concerning the divine is as may be expected, peculiar to this institution. It (Masonry) has nothing in common with Christian Theology, except certain theological terms, which it employs not in the Christian but in the Masonic sense.
It is my contention that the Masonic ritual (i.e., Masonry's ceremonial rites of initiation that all Masons must pass through) of the First, Second, and Third Degrees teach all Masons exactly what God condemns as a false gospel, namely that a person is saved and goes to heaven as a result of his or her personal character and good works. As all Christians know, the Bible places such a teaching under God's curse. Paul said in Galatians 1:8-9: "But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to that we have preached to you, let him be accursed." The Bible clearly teaches how a man is saved: "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast" (Eph. 2:8-9. Cf. John 3:16; 5:24; 6:47; Rom. 3:28-4:6; 11:6).

In the Second Degree (the Fellow Craft Degree) and elsewhere the candidate is instructed further in the importance of the lambskin as follows: "You are to wear it as an emblem of that purity of heart and conscience that is necessary to obtain for you the approval of the Grand Architect of the Universe" (emphasis added).6 Moreover, as even some Masonic authorities have admitted, Masonry has, in all, some 40 degrees implying or teaching its candidates salvation by personal merit.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
masons often practice religion, some are christians.. muslims.. hindu or jew. Some are wiccan or bhuddist or shinto.. and yes there is no rule about them being a satanist, luciferians or any other religion.

But masonry isnt ABOUT religion, as could and should be easily understood by the fact that religion is not discussed within the lodge.. masonry is about freedom of religion and faith, and understanding that just because your lodge brother calls god by some other name, that doesnt mean he is wicked and is going to hell because he doesnt belive as you do.

And yes masonry does have it's ritual practices, but so do many things that have no relation to a religion.. although often relation to philosophy, The japanese tea rituals for instance, and the rituals involved in the deeper training regiments of the many martial arts.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Nice try B. of Dark. It's a religious faternity. No way can you have alters and master masons standing saying prayers and not be religious. This isn't about tea parties and karate practice

During this ceremony, Masons blaspheme the Lord. They make an evil, black mockery of His pure and selfless death, and the Lord's will that we take communion "in remembrance of Him."

To elaborate on this, take a good look at Masonry's "Maundy Thursday" ceremony. We call it a "Black Communion" where Masons chant words calling Jesus merely an "apostle of mankind" who was neither inspired nor divine!

In the Scottish Rite the Thursday before Easter, "Maundy Thursday," is an important day. On this day Masons always perform a special ceremony of "Communion" in their local Scottish Rite Temple.
Dressed in long black, hooded robes during this Thursday ceremony, Masons chant:

"We meet this day to commemorate the death of our 'Most Wise and Perfect Master,' not as inspired or divine, for this is not for us to decide, but as at least the greatest of the apostles of mankind."

Give me a break that's not practicing religion. I think it's time to go to bed your meds are starting to take effect

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
(Sorry intrepid..I cannot let this go)

Moreover, as even some Masonic authorities have admitted, Masonry has, in all, some 40 degrees implying or teaching its candidates salvation by personal merit.

That is an out and out falsehood (read: "lie") If you believe what you just wrote you have been reading unreliable material else you have no comprehension as to what you have read.

There may be some actual Masons who believe that as well, but if so, they too, have no comprehension as to the teachings of Masonry.

It does NOT guarantee NOR imply salvation of one's soul and therefore is NOT a religion.

But continue to call it one if you like. Others have done the same in the past. They were sadly mistaken too. You won't be alone

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I read it mike but it just didn't make sense to me. So, let me get this right, Masonry is a religion, but it's anti-religious because it's anti-Christian? Thus a religion that is anti-religious?

Damn, I think you just discovered the matter/anti-matter equation. Warp drive is now possible.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There may be some actual Masons who believe that as well, but if so, they too, have no comprehension as to the teachings of Masonry.

Give me a break are your meds starting to kick in to. I think it is you that has no comprehension as to the teachings of Masonry.

The lie...
“…salvation by faith and the vicarious atonement were not taught as now interpreted, by Jesus, nor are these doctrines taught in the esoteric scriptures. They are later and ignorant perversions of the original doctrines.” (J. D. Buck, “Mystic Masonry,” p.57)

"Acacian: a term signifying a Mason who by living in strict obedience to obligations and precepts of the fraternity is free from sin." (A. Mackey, "Lexicon of Freemasonry, page 16). Strict obedience includes not witnessing about Jesus or even mentioning His name in the Lodge.

The truth...
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

Freemasonry is a religion that is anti-christian.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Give me a break are your meds starting to kick in to. I think it is you that has no comprehension as to the teachings of Masonry.

Oh...nice personal attack there mike. Shows some real class on your part. Did Christianity teach you that??? Hmmm??? Your preacher would be proud, wouldn't he?

(Oh, and it's "too" not "to" at least use some grammar skills)

You're right....I'm ignorant. Just a retarded little 25+ year member, a Knight Templar, a 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason, member of the Allied Masonic Degrees, the Royal Order of Scotland (check out my Avatar) the Knight Masons, the M.S.R.I.C.F. the C.B.C.S., the Red Cross of Constantine, the H.R.A.K.T.P. and past presiding officer of most of those Masonic bodies. I obviously don't know nuthin....

Yer jest so smart!!!!

The lie...
“…salvation by faith and the vicarious atonement were not taught as now interpreted, by Jesus, nor are these doctrines taught in the esoteric scriptures. They are later and ignorant perversions of the original doctrines.” (J. D. Buck, “Mystic Masonry,” p.57)

On what basis do you consider him an "authority" and why?

I sure hate to hear that...as I've been BOTH for quite some time. I hate to think I'm an anti-Christian Christian....that's gunna be difficult, ya know? [shrug]

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Appak]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
First off he's a former mason. Second lets see some qoutes from some of your other brothers.

Albert Mackey, one of the most well known Masonic authorities, wrote in A LEXICON OF FREEMASONRY (Pg. 402): "The religion, then, masonry, is pure theism...".

Albert Pike, the most important of all American Masonic authorities wrote in MORALS AND DOGMA (Pg. 213-214): "Every Masonic lodge is a temple of religion, and its teachings are instructions in religion...this is true religion revealed to the ancient patriarchs; which masonry has taught for many centuries, and which it will continue to teach as long as time endures."

But he's a dated old man. Which makes all us anti-masonics look that much closer because we know your full of it

J.S.M. Ward, a Masonic authority who has written several important books on masonry, wrote in his book FREEMASONRY: ITS AIMS & IDEALS (Pg.185): "I consider freemasonry is a significantly organized school of mysticism to be entitled to be called a religion." Ward continues on page 187, "Freemasonry...taught that each man can by himself, work out his own conception of god and thereby achieve salvation." It holds that there are many paths that lead to the throne of the all-loving father which all start from a common source. Freemasonry believes, according to Ward, "that though these paths appear to branch off in various directions, yet they all reach the same ultimate goal, and that to some men, one path is better and to other, another."

Frank C. Higgins, a high mason, wrote in ANCIENT FREE MASONRY (Pg.10), "It is true that Freemasonry is the parent of all religion."

BooYa!

These Masonic witnesses all agree in their doctrine that masonry is, indeed, a religion. It is necessary now to ascertain whether masonry is a true religion or a false religion. In an article entitled, "HOW TO RECOGNIZE A FALSE RELIGION" (Faith for the Family Nov/Dec 1974), a prominent Christian leader wrote: "All false religions, have some things in common. Here are three simple tests by which any religion should be judged:

How true!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Dude, if they believed what I typed there I would question their sanity. However, that is what I've gleened from YOUR posts. I just put them together. YOU said those thing mate, not me.

Give me a break are your meds starting to kick in to.

I would recommend that you check out the www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">T&C, specifically #'s 1&2.

I think it is you that has no comprehension as to the teachings of Masonry.

Maybe, I've read both of the sides to this issue in this forum but to this point, with few exceptions, only the Masons look openminded to me.

The lie...

"Acacian: a term signifying a Mason who by living in strict obedience to obligations and precepts of the fraternity is free from sin." (A. Mackey, "Lexicon of Freemasonry, page 16). Strict obedience includes not witnessing about Jesus or even mentioning His name in the Lodge.

Links please so that I can check this out for myself, to see if the context is accurate.

The truth...
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

Can argue with that one.

What is "anti-christian"? I was raised Jehovah's Witness and they believe that other religions are part of Christendom, not the true religion. Look at the divide between Catholicism and Protestantism, they are at odds. What about Evangelical Christianity? Different yet again. Damn, Christianity is fragmented in itself. So, once again, what's your point? Christianity seems to be anti-christian itself.

See, that's how you make an arguement. Logic. If you want help with the "warp drive" theory, let me know.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

First off he's a former mason. Second lets see some qoutes from some of your other brothers.

Well, heck. If that's all it takes I'm a REAL expert...being as I'm a CURRENT Mason and not a FORMER one, huh?

Guess you ignored my notation about your ad hominem attack, huh?

You're quite an example of Christianity. Hate-spreading seems to run rampant in fundamentalism. Glad my church says we shouldn't do that sort of thing.

You bore me mikey. Spread your hate and nonsense elsewhere, huh?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
J.W. don't make me laugh oops looks like you did.

Freemasonry utilizes deceit to hide the truth from 1st through 29th degree Masons; and Freemasonry's god is a triune deity called JoaBulOn which stands for Jehovah, Baal, and Osiris.
Masonry, like all the religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the Truth, which it calls light, from them.... Truth is not for those that are unworthy...." Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, by Albert Pike, Washington D.C., 1958, p 104-105.

For a guy who was a mason he just said everything I have been saying here. But Pike is proably like Shaw a liar right?

Freemasonry is not Christian. If it's not Christian, but it is a religion (which Masons have confirmed above), then it by definition conflicts with Christianity. Thus, logically, one can't simultaneously be a Christian and a Mason.
"Freemasonry is not Christianity ... it admits men of every creed within its hospitable bosom...."An Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, by Albert G. Mackey, 1921, pp. 618-619.

Damn!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You bore me mikey. Spread your hate and nonsense elsewhere, huh?

I have just as much right to be here as you do

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

J.W. don't make me laugh oops looks like you did.

*snip*

Care to address ANY of the rest of my post, or are you just going to laugh, make NO sense and prove to those reading that you have NO point at all. Go on, you are doing a really good job of making my points for me. Not that I need the help.

Again, will you address my post?

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Freemasonry is not Christian.

Yep. You're right. It's not.

If it's not Christian, but it is a religion (which Masons have confirmed above), then it by definition conflicts with Christianity.

Nope. It's not a religion. Don't care what ANYONE (particularly YOU) say. It's NOT.

Thus, logically, one can't simultaneously be a Christian and a Mason.

Well, I'll let my Lord and Saviour judge me, thank you very much. I prefer that you NOT judge met...but then again, HE prefers that you don't TOO! (or did you miss that part in Bible-thumping class?)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join