It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Hidden Message??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hidden messages? probably not. But every now and then it makes me think.

While researching a filter element on-line for a customer, upon going to the probable website for the manufacturer, I come across another altogether different website than what was expected.

I assume the domain name was no longer needed by the original company as they merged with another, so in turn, someone obviously purchased the domain for other purposes. All seems innocent enough ( and most likely is ), but when I started reading the homepage for the 'new owner' , it shows fairly lengthy page of gibberish.

Not being computer savvy, it just seemed very odd to me that the entire page of the website would consist of incomplete/random sentences (and in some cases just words)
all forming what would appear to be paragraphs. As I said, not very computer savvy, and this could be a very normal thing on the Internet that many see everyday ( weirdness on the web is rampant ), but some of the words or phrases listed ie. suitcase bomb... caught my eye.

Not to sound like an imbecile ( may be too late ), I can imagine that a terrorist would not put 'suitcase bomb' on a web site due to the unwanted views it may get, but none-the less, I still have to wonder.

In doing a quick search (google), came up with several articles or stories involving encrypted messages via the Internet. Terror groups hide behind Web encryption

Terrorist Hidden Message

Basically explains how the hidden messages are transported and received via the Internet, mainly in pictures and video.

My question is, as this article above was published in 2001, could terrorists be using a standard message format with hidden message 'inside the other'.? Rather than the high tech way of concealing it inside the dots. ( in essence, going backwards in the technology rather than forward )

exp. Many Unusual Reasons Don't Even Relate ( m-u-r-d-e-r ). Not the best example, but gives you a simple idea of what I'm talking about.

Like I said, I feel quite safe its nothing, but it just piqued my interest a little.

a little excerpt:

search, Fremen search, for your to. bomb suitcase . headband could troop did Brown eyes petitions. He grasses and found Lets aghast at counted eight the village forward and discountedcoachhandbag exten clumps the flight the flight horizons

Website in question: Filter Supplier

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If you have ever recieved an email with mostly nonsense words put together, more then likely its spam intended to bypass the spam filters on the suppliers email server. This site you are seeing is a doorway site and its a mixture of jumbled words made up of Keywords so that Google and oher Search engines doesn't think its Spam. The links get counted as inbound links for the sites they link to so the site gets a better Page Ranking by Google and also gets a higher listing in the search engines. Its just Black Hat SEO (Search Engine Optimization)

Pie

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sometimes they're leftover keyword artifacts from when someone was trying to outmaneuver search engines and get a high ranking for something they were trying to sell. In your case, it's spam (doorway page) and they're probably sitting on the site, hoping to sell it for a bunch of money.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Indellkoffer]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thank you guys for clearing that up.

Never would have guessed that, but makes perfect sense.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Thank you guys for clearing that up.

Never would have guessed that, but makes perfect sense.

Big money in SEO stuff. Its a battle for who gets high page rankings and Search engine positions. If you remember the trick where you type "Failure" into the search box on Google and the first thing that comes up is Bush's web page as the first result. Its something similiar but these guys make money from doorway pages..some might even be infected with spyware. If you want to know more you can try googling Blackhat SEO

Pie

new topics

top topics

join