It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male Grooming! What's this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I bought a Remington Personal Groomer PG-250 recently to keep everything nice and trimmed and to remove those unsightly hairs that at my age are growing in places about the head and shoulders where no hair need grow and today, I finally got around to visiting the Remington site to register my product.

After I did that, I decided to surf the site to get an idea of the products in their line and what to my wandering eyes should appear?

www.remington-products.com...

Can they be serious?

Is this really necessary?

Any men here spend time grooming their axillary hair?

[edit on 2006/11/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

They should, I think its horrid to see under arm hair peeking out like a squished spider, Men should trim at the very least

I think its good for a fella to groom a little, Im not talking hours ect lol but just a little extra care,

So guys wax them legs

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

They should, I think its horrid to see under arm hair peeking out like a squished spider, Men should trim at the very least

Agreed...although I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'axillary hair'.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
eeeewwww.....I disagree! I thinks its just plain "manly" for a guy to have body hair. I know a lot of young women today are affended by it... my daughter thinks it's gross too. I, however, just find something wrong with wanting to change that which is natural (unless you're a girl). I don't think there is anything wrong with men having body hair. Of course that is just my opinion. I think hairy chested men are rather attractive.

Edit to add**
Although if they just want to nip some underarm hair because it's too long and bother-some... that's okay...but don't shave your legs and pits....that's just too feminine a thing for a guy to do.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Men appreciate it when women trim and women appreciate men trimming too.

Wait, too much info.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
I, however, just find something wrong with wanting to change that which is natural (unless you're a girl). I don't think there is anything wrong with men having body hair.

Unless you're a girl?

Why's it OK, no, wait, why is it expected of a woman to remove that which is, as you put it, natural.

Zedd got it right

[edit on 1-11-2006 by parrhesia]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Agreed...although I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'axillary hair'.

www.medterms.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
just say no to bush!

you havea right.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Unless you're a girl?

Why's it OK, no, wait, why is it expected of a woman to remove that which is, as you put it, natural.

Well you got me there! ROFL..It's just something girls do...it's bread into us here in America. Maybe I'm a litle old school still about the guys doing it too..and trimming for guys is okay...I just think to completely shave their legs/a-pits is not right!!

But by all means guys.....shave away if you are so inclined to do so.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I shave my nipples (kinky sound here) but I seem some chicks that could benefit from this. . .

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Guys that shave anything more than their face or back are sexually confused. Most are bisexual. They like a little of this and a little of that. I worked with two ex-male strippers once and they both were proud of the fact that they shaved all over. They also didn't mind jumping into the sack with each other and another woman. They called themselves straight, but I convinced them otherwise. The mental anguish I was causing them was more than they could bare and they took their act somewhere else.

Just callin' it the way I see it.

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Guys that shave anything more than their face or back are sexually confused. Most are bisexual. They like a little of this and a little of that. I worked with two ex-male strippers once and they both were proud of the fact that they shaved all over. They also didn't mind jumping into the sack with each other and another woman. They called themselves straight, but I convinced them otherwise. The mental anguish I was causing them was more than they could bare and they took their act somewhere else.

Just callin' it the way I see it.

Peace

I disagree. I am many different kinds of wierd, but I am not bisexual or sexually confused, yet I pay close attention to my grooming. Without sounding perverse, I would go as far to say I don't enjoy a little of "anything" anymore.

Your image is yours to make. How you wish to look does not dictate what you are inside.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Astygia

Do you shave your chest, legs, and underarms completely?

Peace

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'd never get anything else done.
thats all i got to say about that.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't shave anything but my face, and I don't do that really often

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   
When I used to smoke, I'd entertain myself by burning my nipple hair down to the skin with my cigarette.

I don't smoke anymore, so the nipple hair is quite long.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Grooming is different than completely shaving though. I don't think guys should shave it all off. But a little trimming wouldn't hurt anything. Women are expected to keep parts of their bodies completely shaved, so what does it hurt for a man to trim a little bit??

Also, Grady, a better term than "male grooming" is "manscaping".

I thought most men did this anyway, or at least well groomed men. I think it is so icky to see a giant tuft of chest hair climbing up some man's throat because it won't stay inside his shirt.

9.95 for a trimmer, and an extra 20 minutes is not that hard to do. In fact, I expect it when it comes to dating.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
When I used to smoke, I'd entertain myself by burning my nipple hair down to the skin with my cigarette.

Ya...I think I'll go with a different hobby.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Astygia

Do you shave your chest, legs, and underarms completely?

Peace

I am naturally a not hairy chest person, but I don't go for the fetus look, no. I do however keep myself to a certain image which requires un-stereotypical grooming. I suppose that makes me somewhat avarice, but I am what I am, yes?

Grady: All I can say is I've never heard of that before.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Most young men do. I trim every now and then to keep it growing out. I haven't found a woman who likes it long. Plus it helps keep your armpits a bit cooler when playing a sport.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join