It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabras: What are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Even though the Chupacabra made it's way to the public eye in the 90's, (that's when I first hear about it) I still believe that it's a creature that probably has been around for a while and remained hidden until now. I don't believe it's an alien or nothing like that. It's probably an undiscovered animal. This forum is cool. I'll check out more interesting topics here.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
(Spanish) "chupacabra" = "goat sucker".

Some people believe its an animal, others believe its a vampire-like alien.

I once worked security at a business which had many Spanish-speaking employees doing the hard labor. I knew one of their supervisors, an Anglo who knew Spanish, and while visiting with him on my rounds, he told his workers in Spanish that I'd seen a chupacabra roaming the grounds late at night (it was early evening at this point). The fear on the faces and in the eyes of the workers was real, palpable, and visceral.

After the story, and elderly Hispanic man asked me in English, "You've actually seen that animal?". Which I took that he believes in them, and that they are some type of unclassified animal.

I believe it is a folktail, ala the donkey-lady.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Since there are no verifiable pictures, I would agree that it is foklore more than reality. It has been used to explain livestock that were drained of blood, which may have a tie-in to livestock abductions.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It is nothing. Like the menehune in Hawaii, the leprechauns of Ireland, the ''little people' in the Phillipines, etc., etc., these creatures surface all over the planet in various forms in a variety of cultures.

In studying this phenomenon recently I was amused to discover a common theme: it seems when a neighbor has a goat missing, loss of some money after a night drinking, or an unexplained pregnancy in the family, the 'little devils' are the first to be blamed.

In the Phillipines especially, young girls finding themselves pregnant and blaming it on being 'taken' by a little munchkin in the middle of the night seems to be a favorite way to avoid the 'wrath of dad' and also to explain away a family em-bare-assment. Missing money (or goats, etc) is also 'blamed' frequently on these bad fellows...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
the chupacabra (or chupracabra type attacks) have been going on since the ww2 period when it was rumored that the us army would drain the blood of dead soldiers and put out myths that a blood sucking monster was loose on the island, this dates the chupracabra back to the 1940's when America was at war with Japan this would scare the enemy away from PUERTO-RICO. a good idea really but i think that it was all just a cover up to hide a creation made by the CIA which had escaped.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I suspect that if chupacabras exist, they are probably some genetic experiment gone awry that has escaped the labs. A person can tell me whatever he/she wants, but you cannot make me believe that there's not some atrocious things being manipulated and created in the world's laboratories.

new topics

top topics

join