It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British DNA register for all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The UK'S national DNA database was set up in 1995 and has already stored the profiles of oiver 3 million people.

The police already have the powers to store the DNA of suspects found innocent and also victims without reason.

Now the Nuffield council of BIOethics now say it would be fairer to register Everyone to make it fairer.

SOURCE

So I ask is this a case of protecting the public or another case of the big brother state?

Opininions please.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
All they have to do is get a sample of your blood from the doctor or hospital then they get your dna, without your consent.

Before anybody has a look at my genome, I think I should look at it first. It is my biological fingerprint and is personal to me. I think if they do this they should give people a copy of their dna which is held on the database, or it could be seen as the infringement of liberties.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This will lead to a nightmare state of the haves and have nots - those with DNA patterns that indicate a vunerablitiy to certain diseases will get a much, much higher insurance hit than those who do not..

Oh and you can bet all your lifes savings on the fact that big private corporations will have access to your DNA and all the info that goes with it - the goverment will sell it just like it sells every thing else about you to the highest bidder.

A nightmare from which only death will be a release is about to unfold upon us all here in the UK - RFID tags and a DNA databse - we will be tagged, bagged, and ready to slaughter as they see fit.

(They have started to theorise that DNA will indicate criminal behaviour, so those with that DNA will have to go for 'education' and 're alignment' therapy to correct their inherent traits.......)

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
This will lead to a nightmare state of the haves and have nots - those with DNA patterns that indicate a vunerablitiy to certain diseases will get a much, much higher insurance hit than those who do not..

Oh and you can bet all your lifes savings on the fact that big private corporations will have access to your DNA and all the info that goes with it - the goverment will sell it just like it sells every thing else about you to the highest bidder.

A nightmare from which only death will be a release is about to unfold upon us all here in the UK - RFID tags and a DNA databse - we will be tagged, bagged, and ready to slaughter as they see fit.

(They have started to theorise that DNA will indicate criminal behaviour, so those with that DNA will have to go for 'education' and 're alignment' therapy to correct their inherent traits.......)

I love your views D4rk Knight and although I find them a little extreme they are thought provoking and contain very interseting theories .Thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght

The Data Protection Act forbids that. The sale of any personal information is prohibited unless you give consent. The Government can give out generic information, like census info, but specifi personal details are not allowed to be passed on without your knowledge.

That's the law, anyway... What actually happens may be somewhat different......

EDIT: for the record, my DNA is on that database...

[edit on 1/11/06 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it.

One would have thought 20th century madness was enough to screw peoples' heads on straight, but no, bigotted theories die hard and resurface everytime the opportunity presents itself.

PS Nazi Germany tried this route, 'racial superiority' in an orwellian state... for the record: they lost.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Long Lance, i pray that they lose again - but this is the subtle fight over a long dark path, not a mad dash through a well lit field...

people have to be awake for this one, but with every thing being thrown at them a sense of apathy has taken hold, as well as a sense of helplessness....

Oh and as for the data protection act..... ROFL data sharing is active now, and if one agency cannot sell it, they will pass it to one that can.... bet the ranch that insurance companies will want access or no cover for you....

Here read this about the Govs selling information........ think it cannot happen? guess again...

Such studies have already raised concerns over the invasion of privacy and the erosion of civil rights. The genetic data will also result in individuals being discriminated against in employment and health insurance [2]. The database can fall into the hands of a private company and further sold to subscribers. The Icelandic population database was indeed sold by the Government to Decode Genetics, a California-based company. The Swedish Government, similarly, is in negotiation with another company over that country’s population DNA database. This collusion between governments and the biotech industry is an extremely worrying trend.[/exe]

from this web page...and from here the rabbit holes deep indeed...

from the UK....

The MRC is giving assurance that "The information and samples collected will be held in public ownership for public benefit and there will not be exclusive access to it by any one organisation or commercial company." But there is no guarantee that the policy of successive governments, or of the same government, will remain unchanged. We were told that public finance of the human genome project would keep the human genome in the public domain. That has not been the case. Patenting of human genes and cell lines continues, and private companies have benefited enormously by ‘mining’ the public database[/exe]

and this is just from one web page....

www.i-sis.org.uk...

dated 2001....5 years ago......

[edit on 1-11-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
www.i-sis.org.uk...

just goes to show how big business benefits after we poor sheeple pay our taxes, finace a massive tax payers funded project, and the gubermunt go and sell it to the highest bidder for the fattest fastest payout....

sickening dude - our future was sold out to the highest bidder when we the tax payer lost control of the genome project.... And the health care scientists who worked on it and cracked it all got laid off so fast it was dirty dirty thing to do....

Trust the guberment? only after big business is torn out from its intertwined simbiotic life within our goverments structure.

top topics

join