It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al-Qaeda winning the Political War and Increasingly isolating the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I just read an interesting summary showing how al-Qaeda and the War on Terror is causing the USA increasing Isolation. The article lists many changes in policy and even complete changes of Government directly attributed to either the Greater War on Terror or al Qaeda.

HERE

Bin Laden has tied this quasi-foreign policy closely to Islamist military activities and has laid it out as a doctrine to be followed by al-Qaeda and its associates. This foreign policy—or political warfare strategy—is to be delivered over the heads of U.S. and Western leaders to voters in non-Muslim countries and is meant to do two things: change the policies of countries allied with the United States by eroding popular support for assisting the United States in fighting the war on terrorism, and, second, slowly strip allies away from the United States and leave it increasingly isolated.

Im sure this is something the US government is accutely aware of and increasingly worried about.

I as many are am starting to wonder if the War on Terror can ever be won, obviously its one of the 21st centuries greatest problems and cant be ignored, but i cant help but think that for every 1000 Terrorists killed, 1001 more are born.

So if this war is unwinable does it become an eternal War, the US has to stop somewhere or it would simply destroy the economy which is already showing large cracks (and take the World economy with it possibly).

Once withdrawl from Iraq is complete the costs involved in the War on Terror will drop enormously, but what then, do we just have to accept we live in an age of Terror?

[edit on 5-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
First, Al-Qaeda doesn't exist, they didn't do nor 9/11, nor London and nor Madrid.
Second, the War On Terror is bullcrap, it's more War For Oil and imperialism.
Third, of course the US are losing foreign support, nobody love a country who kills tens of thousands of people for $$.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
I just read an interesting summary showing how al-Qaeda and the War on Terror is causing the USA increasing Isolation.

They actually didn't need to do that. Bush's policies are isolationist in the first place.

I as many are am starting to wonder if the War on Terror can ever be won, obviously its one of the 21st centuries greatest problems and cant be ignored, but i cant help but think that for every 1000 Terrorists killed, 1001 more are born.

Not only that, but Bush changed it to a "war on Terror" rather than focusing on bin Ladin or a specific group. It was a mistake from the first and this mindset has dominated the moves since then.

Once withdrawl from Iraq is complete the costs involved in the War on Terror will drop enormously, but what then, do we just have to accept we live in an age of Terror?

Hard to say. The US may get off lightly, but the people in Iraq will pay for the US's policies with decades of war... unless another dictator like Hussein arises. Methinks they'll be grateful for one big bully rather than the sequence of regional warlords that they seem destined for now.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

...but i cant help but think that for every 1000 Terrorists killed, 1001 more are born.

Nope! ...wrong, it goes: for every 1 terrorist killed, 5 new are born.

See, we really need to deploy WMDs if ever are to get them wiped out.

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Not only that, but Bush changed it to a "war on Terror" rather than focusing on bin Ladin or a specific group. It was a mistake from the first and this mindset has dominated the moves since then.

Common, Bush is stupid, but not that stupid to eliminate Osama, his political asset number one. Ever noticed bin Laden shows up to every key election, and the sheer fear his bearded face causes ensures the ballots to go Dubay's way.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

i mean this in a unconfrontational way......

your closing thought has the same ring to it that Presidents Bush (41) & Clinton were gushing about...the so called 'Peace Dividend'

That when & after the collapse of the Soviet Union & the end of the Cold War, the free world & the USA in particular was supposed to be awash in monies not budgeted for arms,
or weapons or defense appropriations...so they said!

but you see, the war merchants, including the globalists & the zionists both foreign and within the neocon regime (which eventually gained control of the GOP, Religious Right, & the present US administration)
have steered events to create the WarOFTerror and the broader scope 'Clash of Civilizations'...

yes, the age-of-terror is the new norm...live with it & conduct all your future actions with terrorism in mind.

new topics

top topics

join