It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US smokes Religous school in Pakistan using Predator Drone.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
80 bad guys where removed from the equation in Pakistan on Monday, Zawahiri was the main target but theres no confirmation if he was eliminated or not, another leap ahead in the War on Terror.

I also read alot of protests have been formed across Pakistan especially as people found out it was the US military rather than Pakistani gunships as earlier reported.

Predator Missile Attack

Ayman al Zawahiri was the target of a Predator missile attack this morning on a religious school in Pakistan, according to Pakistani intelligence sources.

ABC News has learned the raid was launched after U.S. intelligence received tips and examined Predator reconnaissance indicating that al Qaeda's No. 2 man may have been staying at the school, which is located in the Bajaur region near the village that is thought to be al Qaeda's winter headquarters.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The Pakistani's must have been in on it, because the last time US smoked something (a village) to get Zawahiri without consulting them, Musharref went beserk.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
according to the bbc`s newsnight program it was not the US but Pakistan themselves that carried out the attack but then the Pakistan spokesperson said it wasnt them.

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Pakistani F-16s smoked the school. The Predator just spotted for them.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Pakistani F-16s smoked the school. The Predator just spotted for them.

yes that would make sense,
i thought that Pakistan would have had to have the US to help them out with the attack.

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Despite earlier reports that the missiles had been launched by Pakistani military helicopters, Pakistani intelligence sources now tell ABC News that the missiles were fired from a U.S. Predator drone plane.

It seems the original information that you guys had read was incorrect.( but thats nots to say that this info is incorrect to!!)

[edit on 1-11-2006 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me that it was the U.S. who committed that atrocity. Whenever there are reports of such atrocities I always assume that the U.S. is the one that did it until it can be proven that it wasn't. This attack on the religious school reeks of the American maniacs. If the truth were known we would probably find that most of the suicide attacks in places such as Iraq and Afghanistan, when masses of innocent civilians are killed, are false flag crimes of the U.S. and/or Israel and/or Britain. They are using drugged and brainwashed Iraqis and others to blow themselves up in crowded public areas at times when there are many civilians present. It's genocide made to look like sectarian attacks.The United States and Israel and Britain are the true axis of evil.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by SkyWay]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
SMOKED?!?

Is that an expression, which describes an attack in which CHILDREN die?

Pathetic!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well, whether they were children or not and whether it was a terror camp or not is yet to be confirmed.
No crime in attacking a terrorist camp..
And latest reports say that it was a predator UAV..on sovereign Pakistani soil!!
The Pakistanis claim it to be their own helicopters..
If it WAS american, then it seems that there has been a gradual shift in Pakistani policy regarding use of force on their territory by foreign forces.
Very interesting and very important!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
SMOKED?!?

Is that an expression, which describes an attack in which CHILDREN die?

Pathetic!

Oh please...... Save it for another day.

This wasnt a primary school where they there playing dollys, it was a terroist Training School.

If you find Terrorists being Killed so offensive, i can only imagine how you feel about this thread just below Glorious victory for the mujahedin! where the poster proudly boasts how 19 children under the age of 10 where killed at a wedding party by the exact type of people killed in this Terrorist school, notice how you post your disguist in that thread (not) , but i guess Smoking a terrorist school is much more offensive to you.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
Well, whether they were children or not and whether it was a terror camp or not is yet to be confirmed.
No crime in attacking a terrorist camp..
And latest reports say that it was a predator UAV..on sovereign Pakistani soil!!
The Pakistanis claim it to be their own helicopters..
If it WAS american, then it seems that there has been a gradual shift in Pakistani policy regarding use of force on their territory by foreign forces.
Very interesting and very important!!

So who decides if something is a terrorist camp or a childrens daycare.
The Decider ??

This stuff is sick.

Killing children is wrong.
Even if you call them terrorists.

Sick is all i can say

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Oh please...... Save it for another day.

This wasnt a primary school where they there playing dollys, it was a terroist Training School.

Well how do you know that?

Were you There?

Mass funerals

In Islamabad, Qazi Hussain Ahmed, an opposition political leader, also blamed the US for the attack and said claims that the madrasa was a terrorist training centre were "rubbish".

Thirty children were among the dead, he claimed.

Pakistanis rally after air raid on school

Qazi Hussain Ahmed, a Pakistani political leader, said he would lead a convoy of cars from the northwestern city of Peshawar to Khar and Chingai in protest on Tuesday.

"They killed 80 teenagers who were students of the Quran," Ahmed said. "This is a very cruel joint-activity [between the US and Musharraf governments]."

CONGRATULATIONS!

You just SMOKED 80 Teenagers, and Children among them!

Great Show!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The propaganda machine has worked well.

Normal people justifying bombardments on children in the name of "enduring freedom"

How about some foreign goverment bombarding a school with your children in it in the name of freedom.
Would you still think it is ok than ??

you could say the US goverment is terrorising big parts of the world so children in a lot of US schools are learning the US terrorist doctrine.
So a lot of these US schools you could call terrorist training camps to.
Should we bomb them into oblivian ?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaamaan

So who decides if something is a terrorist camp or a childrens daycare.
The Decider ??

not really.. You decide.. for yourself.. do you know that they were children for sure?I don't..
Were they below 15 or above?
Do you classify children as those above 15 as well? 15-20? 15-25?
20 and below?
Or is the real line drawn when somebody picks up a weapon to INTENTIONALLY kill another irrespective of age.
Its all very relative you see..

This stuff is sick.

True..
Its all sick..
right from the point at which those bast*rds start moulding children/people ..

Killing children is wrong.
Even if you call them terrorists.

Again true..If you know they're children, then perhaps you are inclined to try the 'win-the-people-over' approach more doggedly.
But what if you have NO popularity in the region, NO influence, and are fighting against a value system that is so contorted that the only way to change it is occupation/invasion* ?
What if your own losses are so high that you need to take prompt action to put the enemy on the backfoot for a while at least?
Its not that easy.. and its not so distinct as good and bad or black and white

* I am not a supporter of the war on Iraq. I have always believed that Iraq was better off w/o the war and occupation. I have a totally converse view of Afghanistan. The war and regime change here has been the best thing that has happened to the country for decades.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Daedalus3]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

* I am not a supporter of the war on Iraq. I have always believed that Iraq was better off w/o the war and occupation. I have a totally converse view of Afghanistan. The war and regime change here has been the best thing that has happened to the country for decades.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Daedalus3]

The best opium harvest ever for example ??

www.rense.com...

The opium harvest in Afghanistan this year will be one of the biggest on record, the Foreign Office said yesterday, and it has triggered a flood of heroin on Britain's streets.

The revelation will prove highly embarrassing for Tony Blair, who cited cutting the supply of heroin as one of the main reasons for the invasion of Afghanistan in October 2001, in addition to removing the Taliban regime and rooting out al-Qa'ida from the training camps run by Osama bin Laden.

The Taliban had cracked down on drugs cultivators but the regime's fall led to an increase in production and this year's harvest will be the largest since the invasion.

The best thing that happened to that country ???
The UN calculates that the opium production increased by 3200% since the invasion of that country.

To use your own retoric
Have you been to Afghanistan yourself.
So we must both base our opinion on what information we can find about it.

And about killing children i can only quote

"It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
-- Albert Einstein

[edit on 1-11-2006 by jaamaan]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

"It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
-- Albert Einstein

You are quoting a pacifist. He does not like war, even if its against an enemy. Its ironic that Einstein was the one who prod America to develop the atomic bomb when he view it as a necessity. Unbelievable right?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

-- Albert Einstein

You are quoting a pacifist. He does not like war, even if its against an enemy. Its ironic that Einstein was the one who prod America to develop the atomic bomb when he view it as a necessity. Unbelievable right?

Maybe he had good reasons to be a pacifist after beeing in wars.

Still i think its easy to brush his quote away like that.
Most of the world considers this man as one of the smartest people of our time.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Glad to see that they are all dead and I wish they had gotten many more. If some of you feel so strongly with your hate of the U.S. I would suggest that you go and become a target or marter for your cause. We have plenty of bombs for you.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Maybe he had good reasons to be a pacifist after beeing in wars.

He never fought a war.

Still i think its easy to brush his quote away like that.
Most of the world considers this man as one of the smartest people of our time.

www.albert-einstein.org...

In the 1920s, Einstein became an active leader of the international anti-war movement and supported conscientious objection. However, the Nazi rise to power brought about a substantial change in Einstein's position: he began to advocate military preparedness by the European democracies against the threat of Nazism. In this context, Einstein wrote his famous letter to U.S. President Roosevelt in which he urged him to initiate an American nuclear research programme. With the onset of the atomic era, Einstein realized that nuclear weapons were a profound risk to humanity and could bring an end to civilization. During the last decade of his life, he was tireless in his efforts to create effective international cooperation to prevent war.

Yes, we should listen to him.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
Glad to see that they are all dead and I wish they had gotten many more. If some of you feel so strongly with your hate of the U.S. I would suggest that you go and become a target or marter for your cause. We have plenty of bombs for you.

That is just stupid.

I dont hate the US, i am very concerned about most american people.
But i am very concerned about the people in the rest of the world to, and it doesnt seem that you are.

I read in what you are saying:
Be with us or we bombard you.
that is a little sick i believe and i wouldnt find it strange if a lot of people in the world hate people who state things like you.
Specialy people who lost their children in these bombardments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join