It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack Iran.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I put Iran on the same level as Israel because both will fall if religous nuts take control. People are smart in Iran and the Iranian people want the same freedom that we have but can not fight their own people to get it.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The coalition occupation of Iraq has trigged the need for the coalition to take military action against the likes of Iran. The only viable option seems to be an air campaign that targets the insurgents supply lines and Irans Nuclear program.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The terrorist nations are the ones that...suport, equip, provide haven for terrorist organizations, or even directly operate them. Iran isn't the demonic country its oftne presented as, but its clearly a rogue state that supports international terrorism.

by your definition the united states is a terrorist nation?
since they have supplied almost all terrorists that are lose in the world.
so when does the world get to liberate the americans aswell?

on topic to the auther
dont be a fool

the united states cant even handle Iraq
let alone iran if it came down to it, the iranians are better armed then iraqis so it wont be no Iraq

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

by your definition the united states is a terrorist nation?

If america was a terrorist nation, or acted like the terrorist orgs that are out there, this planet would be a smoking cinder. Terrorists wantonly kill as many civilians as possible in order to get what they want. America, quite simply, does not operate like that. We have nukes, enough to destroy the world a few times over. The very fact that the world still exists proves that america isn't a terrorist organization. Give Iran our nukes, and our warmaking capacity, and they'll use it to establish an actual empire and nuke everyone that stands in oppsition to them, they'll be doing what peopel like to pretend america is doing.

since they have supplied almost all terrorists that are lose in the world.

Since thats not true, its not entirely relevant.

so when does the world get to liberate the americans aswell?

To paraphrase a famous and repsected american representative "Go ahead, make our day'.
Or perhaps I should say 'the world and what army'?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

If america was a terrorist nation, or acted like the terrorist orgs that are out there, this planet would be a smoking cinder. Terrorists wantonly kill as many civilians as possible in order to get what they want. America, quite simply, does not operate like that. We have nukes, enough to destroy the world a few times over. The very fact that the world still exists proves that america isn't a terrorist organization.

Terrorism is simply a strategy, a means to an end. Because a country uses terrorist tactics does not make them meglomaniacs hell bent on destroying the world. The U.S has indeed in it's past used terrorist tactics and by that definiton could be classed as a terrorist country.

There are not many nations on the planet that have not, at one time or another, used terrorist tactics..

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The simple fact is that when the US disagrees with another country on, say, trade, it doesn't go out and try to kill as many civilians as possible to get that government to capitulate. When the US goes to war, yes, civilians die, but they're not the main target, its the military and government of the country that they are at war with. Terrorists focus specifically on civilians, to terrorize them into forcing their own government to give in. If the US was using terrorism, like Hamas does, for example, then it'd've bombed Iran into nothingess at this point, it would've ended the Korean War by nuking every city in the Korean Penninsula, heck it would've nuked the Soviet Union and burned down all its cities before the Soviets had the bomb.

THe point is, IF the US wanted to terrorize other nations into capitulation, the world would be an absolute madhouse, there'd be psychotropic chemicals in every well in the middle east, and if the US government invented a virus as in the "Aids conspiracy", it'd've wiped out everyone in africa by now, or we'd be telling the isrealis to use their nukes, not trying to restrain them, or there'd be mustard gas filling up venezuela, etc etc. Terrorists do everything they can to pull of the most spectacular and gruesome attacks on civilians possible, the US doesn't. Give our aresenal to people like Bin Laden, and they you'd see how a terrorist would operate.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

well it is a known fact that the united states supplies and arms almost all terrorists org for its own needs,
or is that just fiction? and all those doumentries and news reports were just a bunch of hoax?

what army who needs an army your president is screwing your country up anyway
maybe you wont feel the effect but your future generattions will feel the effects of your presidents actions (and i dont mean attacks on the US)

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The simple fact is that when the US disagrees with another country on, say, trade, it doesn't go out and try to kill as many civilians as possible to get that government to capitulate. When the US goes to war, yes, civilians die, but they're not the main target, its the military and government of the country that they are at war with. Terrorists focus specifically on civilians

If this were true we would be having terrorists blowing up here everyday. Look at what we are doing to the world of Islam, don’t you think out of the 1 billion people of Islam we would have a LOT more terror action than what we have? You don’t understand the tactics of terror if this is the way you think it works.

Now back to the topic:

We created this situation in Iran, I remember back when Iran was the most progressive nation in the Arab world. We put the Shah in power and that administration created such a deep hatred for the western world, they turned away from the American money tree and installed a 7th century religious regime.

Now some people want us to fix the result that we caused in the first place? With what another dictator that calls himself president? Another Shah of Iran?

You reap what you sow. We need to stop sowing the seeds of hatred.

The world loved America at one time, I remember that too...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If I were a citizen of any other country in the world, I would be much more worried about America's ever growing paranoia than whatever threat Iran may pose. But thats just my take.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
With the current situation in the world I have been thinking about this question for a while. What gives the right to the US to decide which countries can or can't have nuclear weapons?

Please tell me if you think the US has such right and why.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Real terrorism exist, but for the most part it's created, in Iraq, because of the invasion, or 9/11, London, Bali and Madrid, made by CIA/MI6/Mossad. Little terrorism exist for sure, but big terrorism no, it's engineered by domestic terrorists at the top of the chain (CIA, ect..).

And you know the concept of causability? Action then reaction.

Poverty, dictatorship, oppression, ect... All the bad things the US supported for political and economical reasons for over 60 years, led to small terrorism. China will do the same, opress people, support dictatorship, ect... then people will rebel, terrorism. Little terrorism always existed. All ``superpower`` created terrorism and did bad things for their profits, Nazi germany, Rome, ect... the US government isn't different.

And for the original poster, sir, you disgust me and should stop watching Fox News or listening to Rush Limbaugh and believe the stupids of the white house.

With the current situation in the world I have been thinking about this question for a while. What gives the right to the US to decide which countries can or can't have nuclear weapons?

Because they are arrogants and want to be the global power.

Because they consider that their leaders are more sanes than any others in the world. What a joke. Who the hell changed the status of nuclear weapons to conventionnal weapons? The Bush administration. Who the hell started 2 wars in 2 years? The Bush administration. The Clinton administration was also hell bent on wars. The most sanes leaders in the world are in Europe, in neutrals countries such as Sweden and Switzerland.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prokurator
and wiping out Israel.

It does not sound so bad... :-)

Joking aside, warmongering will drive us nowhere. More people will hate USA...

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
An invasion of Iran would be a very stupid idea. American and British (we'd probably get roped in too) forces are already overstreched in Iraq and Afghanistan, and war on a third front would be a death knell.
To refer to some other posts, the notion of just attacking Iranian government and not the people would not work. What the Government forgets is that when you invade a country with a bombing campaign and an iron fist, it doesn't matter what you tell the people, they are going to react and fight back. Such is why our troops are still dying needlessly in Iraq and Afghanistan. Also, the point brought up about America being a terrorist nation, is by definition, true. We have funded militant groups from South America to the Middle East, and continue to do so today. And the use of terror among civilians? From operation Rolling Thunder to the initiation of the Shiate death squads in Baghdad, America does its best to break the spirit of the countrys they are interested in. Also, to use the argument that if America was a terrorists state, the world would be on fire, is nonsense. If you are the most powerful nation in the world, why would you reduce your power by arming up the rest of the world similar? America is just a terrorist nation that doesn't have to be one.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Please tell me if you think the US has such right and why
Because they consider that their leaders are more sanes than any others in the world. What a joke. Who the hell changed the status of nuclear weapons to conventionnal weapons? The Bush administration. Who the hell started 2 wars in 2 years? The Bush administration. The Clinton administration was also hell bent on wars. The most sanes leaders in the world are in Europe, in neutrals countries such as Sweden and Switzerland.

Slightly off topic but what makes you think these two countries are so great the swedish bought their freedom with weapons grade ore during ww2, while the swiss, where to begin, their financial institutions are a disgrace facilitating corruption where ever they can make profit. I mean have u actually read the histories of how UBS and credit suisse made their assets, plain and simple lies.

The sooner the war happens with Iran the sooner more people wake up. This situation(western hegemony) won't be stopped by tactics such as impeaching President Bush, it will only delay it, while they install a new puppet.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by carslake]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I find it extremely distasteful for anyone to just to the assumption that "we must attack/invade Iran". The rhetoric portrayed about Ahmadinejad has been extremely well played out by the current Administration.

"He wants nuclear weapons!" "He's going to kill (wipe out) everyone in Israel!" "He's an eminent threat to Western Civilizations!"

Please. :shk:

I personally think that Ahmadinejad's portrayal played out by the Bush Administration could very well be the 2nd 9/11 that people have been discussing.

Has anyone read the letter that Ahmadinejad wrote to the American people? From the sounds of his letter, he doesn't sound quite like the "Kill the infidels" type of person that he's been made out to be.

Here's the 1st page of the letter in question.

Message of H.E. Dr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
President of the Islamic Republic of Iran
To the American People

In the name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful
O, Almighty God, bestow upon humanity the perfect human being promised to all by You, and make us among his followers.

Noble Americans,

Were we not faced with the activities of the US administration in this part of the world and the negative ramifications of those activities on the daily lives of our peoples, coupled with the many wars and calamities caused by the US administration as well as the tragic consequences of US interference in other countries?

Were the American people not God-fearing, truth loving, and justice seeking, while the US administration actively conceals the truth and impedes any objective portrayal of current realities;

And if we did not share a common responsibility to promote and protect freedom and human dignity and integrity;

Then, there would have been little urgency to have a dialogue with you.

While Divine providence has placed Iran and the United States geographically far apart, we should be cognizant that human values and our common human spirit, which proclaim the dignity and exalted worth of all human beings, have brought our two great nations of Iran and the United States closer together.

Both our nations are God-fearing, truth loving and justice seeking, and both seek dignity, respect and perfection.

Both greatly value and readily embrace the promotion of human ideals such as compassion, empathy, respect for the rights of human beings, securing justice and equity, and defending the innocent and the weak against oppressors and bullies.

We are all inclined towards the good, and towards extending a helping hand to one another, particularly to those in need.

We all deplore injustice, the trampling of peoples' rights and the intimidation and humiliation of human beings.

We all detest darkness, deceit, lies and distortion, and seek and admire salvation, enlightenment, sincerity and honesty.

The pure human essence of the two great nations of Iran and the United States testify to the veracity of these statements.

Noble Americans,

Our nation has always extended its hand of friendship to all other nations of the world.

Hundreds of thousands of my Iranian compatriots are living amongst you in friendship and peace, and are contributing positively to your society. Our people have been in contact with you over the past many years and have maintained these contacts despite the unnecessary restrictions of US authorities.

As mentioned, we have common concerns, face similar challenges, and are pained by the sufferings and afflictions in the world.

We, like you, are aggrieved by the ever-worsening pain and misery of the Palestinian people. Persistent aggressions by the Zionists are making life more and more difficult for the rightful owners of the land of Palestine. In broad daylight, in front of cameras and before the eyes of the world, they are bombarding innocent defenseless civilians, bulldozing houses, firing machine guns at students in the streets and alleys, and subjecting their families to endless grief.
source

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
I find it extremely distasteful for anyone to just to the assumption that "we must attack/invade Iran". The rhetoric portrayed about Ahmadinejad has been extremely well played out by the current Administration.

Lets go back four years, I can honestly say none of us wanted a War with Iraq and those who actually thought that WMD(even if they did exist) justified that war are just stupid it was never even a legitimate excuse.

What happened, well there was a war and Iraq got occupied. Now that leads me to say why the hell is it our business to pass false sentiment over the coming Iran war when it is beyond our control. Damn its happening all over again.

Can you see a pattern here its like you get lied to evryday and evryday people deny the fact they have lost control of the democracies they live in.

A decision to go to war with Iran is undemocratic and illegal and its not done in my name.

Now i'm going to get back to doing some thing easier than stopping this war its called platting piss.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by carslake
Lets go back four years, I can honestly say none of us wanted a War with Iraq and those who actually thought that WMD(even if they did exist) justified that war are just stupid it was never even a legitimate excuse.

Four years ago, the Iraq war was probably already planned. Those "stupid" ones you refer to are walking into yet another war, of which they've accomplished getting 20-30% of the American populous to continue to believe in the last war, under the guise of National Security.

What happened, well there was a war and Iraq got occupied. Now that leads me to say why the hell is it our business to pass false sentiment over the coming Iran war when it is beyond our control. Damn its happening all over again.

It's a bit more complex than that, I'm afraid. It's not beyond your control. Yes, it's happening again, and it will continue to happen until there's nothing left of our Nation.

Can you see a pattern here its like you get lied to evryday and evryday people deny the fact they have lost control of the democracies they live in.

Yes, there's a pattern. I'm glad you've seen it. That's one less person "following blindly".

Democracies? That's the fashion of government that our "Republic" operates with. But anywho, we have not lost control of our Nation. All it takes is for the apathetic persons to climb up out of their chairs and do something about it.

Speaking of which, just a couple days ago, where I live, there was a "town meeting" of which they got together to complain about a new smoking ban. The discussion quickly turned from the smoking issue to "our government is getting out of control!" I did the happy dance when I heard that one!

A decision to go to war with Iran is undemocratic and illegal and its not done in my name.

I agree.

Now i'm going to get back to doing some thing easier than stopping this war its called platting piss.

mmmkay

[edit on 2/3/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mulder762002

#1 - We don't want one or more of our cities ton go up in a mushroom cloud from a rouge terror strike.

#2 - Because we can.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

#1 - We don't want one or more of our cities ton go up in a mushroom cloud from a rouge terror strike.

First, HAHAHAHA. Stop believing the propaganda. Who would do that aside from your own government? When a nuke explode, you can trace where the uranium was enriched. If it's high quality, it was either in Israël, US, Britain, Russia, China or France. North Korea can't do that, nor Iran for a long time.

And they won't launch, their country would be crushed. Rouge terror strike. HAHAHA. If your government was so on security, they would protect the south border, the containers, but no, they don't do it.

If a nuke attack occur, it's your government, not Al-Ciada.

#2 - Because we can.

Because you can? It doesn't answer the question. The question was: On which morals bases you do it? Not if you have the power to. And Saddam was a CIA asset for 40 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

First, HAHAHAHA. Stop believing the propaganda. Who would do that aside from your own government? When a nuke explode, you can trace where the uranium was enriched. If it's high quality, it was either in Israël, US, Britain, Russia, China or France. North Korea can't do that, nor Iran for a long time.

And they won't launch, their country would be crushed. Rouge terror strike. HAHAHA. If your government was so on security, they would protect the south border, the containers, but no, they don't do it.

If a nuke attack occur, it's your government, not Al-Ciada.

It'll probably trace as originating in Russia since that is the country giving the most help to the Iranian program - and you've made a point for me, that is another reason not to allow Iran to go nuclear, tracing the isotopes back to the country responsible for a nuclear terrorist attack may impossible - all the more reason to have no new members to the club - would'nt you agree?

Because you can? It doesn't answer the question. The question was: On which morals bases you do it? Not if you have the power to. And Saddam was a CIA asset for 40 years.

No moral basis was indicated in the original question, you are seeing things that were not there, sorry the answer still stands.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join