It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack Iran.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The country has long been hell-bent on destroying Western culture, and wiping out Israel.

Such a country cannot be trusted with modern military technology, let alone nuclear technology.

The costs will be great, but we need a new regime in Iran. It is the last surviving regime that Islamic extremists look to for inspiration and shelter.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Thank you for the great contribution, it doesn't make much sense though.

Just have a look at the first link in my signature to understand that the Israeli government isn't any better.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I have said this before, and I'll say it again....

Its posts like this - the sentiments behind it, and the crass ignorance and disregard that its displays - that cause people to fly jetliners into skyscrapers.

Controversial I know, but its true.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
O...k!!

That,s funny.
The Iranians I,ve met enjoy western music/cars/culture/big-macs/Kentucky,s/short skirts/beer..etc

But I guess it,s ok for them to be killed along with millions of other like-minded Iranians just because of blood-thirsty bored political leaders.

Time to start rounding up politicians and send them on a long space exploration to discover new life and civilisations...
They seem to be winning the bullplop propaganda war.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
sodom
so, we need a new regime in Iran?
a new market with 70million people would be nice...
and, there is a lot of oil and gas too...
lets do it!
/ sarc off

just poor prokurator

sodom

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
The Iranians I,ve met enjoy western music/cars/culture/big-macs/Kentucky,s/short skirts/beer..etc

Of course they do!!

The Iranians are just people after all. BUT....

It's the people who control the people that won't let them enjoy those things that is the real issue and the real problem.

Does that make any sense??

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze
Does that make any sense??

NeoN HaZe.

Yeah perfect sense..Feed politicians to a colony if hungry fire ants.Bwahahahaha!!!

Can anyone tell I,m feeling particularly anti-authoritarian today??

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
It might suffice to take out major military targets in air-strikes. It's what must be done. Whereas Iraq was a perceived threat. Iran has become a real threat in the aftermath of 9/11. Take their support for Hezbollah and failure to cooperate with the peace nobel-prize winning IAEA and their inspectors.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
We need a regime change in Iran- that sounds awfully like what was being said about Iraq in 2003. Lets not attack Iran, particularly not a ground based invasion or something like that, as we just don't need to.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
thank you very much neon haze, you are absolutely right, it is not the people it is the gov't. i suppose some of the people, very few are bad , it is this gov't of theirs.
it is too sad that our worsed kinds of people are the ones in the gov't.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I belive Iran is a threat to the west. I have no problem with the Iranian people, I have a problem with thier religious system and their wacko leader. Not all Irainains enjoy western culture, and the ones that do are severly oppressed. Any nation with a hostilities, or calling for a neigboring nations destruction, while trying to obtain a nuke is a threat to peace. Iran does'nt want peace, they want to whipe Isreal off the face of the planet. They've said it themselves and I think they should be taken very seriously

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prokurator
The country has long been hell-bent on destroying Western culture, and wiping out Israel.

If Iran was hell-bent on destroying any other culture than the one you call "Western", would you be so preocupied?

Such a country cannot be trusted with modern military technology, let alone nuclear technology.

What country can? There is only a known case of a country with nuclear weapons that has used them, should we distrust that country?

The costs will be great, but we need a new regime in Iran. It is the last surviving regime that Islamic extremists look to for inspiration and shelter.

Luckily we have you to take care of the world and think about these things, deciding what regimes must be changed and the ones that are for keeps.

If that is the way you deny ignorance, I don't want to see you embrace it.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think invading Iran is a bad idea. It is a soverign nation, even if we don't agree with them.....and they think America is satan....they can run their own show.

Only if they are commiting genocide, giving haven to terrorist groups, giving out chemical/biological weapons or threatening others with nukes. (that they are not admitting to pursuing which is cheesy.)

Let Iran be Iran....whatever what that may be.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

If I took the american media seriously I would probably agree with you.

You know, they call the media the 4th branch for a reason.

Edn

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Actually Iran, its people and its government(to an extent) isn't that bad. Ok yes there Government isn't great but its a LOT better than most governments out there. People have the freedom to do mostly what they want, they can vote (although it isn't perfect), its more of a democracy than Iraq will ever be.

This quote says it all.

Serenity (great movie)

Teacher: It’s true that there are dangers on the outer planets.
So with so many social and medical advancements… we can bring to the Independents.. why would they fight so hard against us?
River: We meddle.
Teacher: River?
River: People don’t like to be meddled with.
We tell them what to do, what to think. Don’t run, don’t walk. We’re in their homes and in their heads and we haven’t the right.
We’re meddlesome.
Teacher: River, we’re not telling people what to think…
we’re just trying to show them how.

And people wonder why the US is hated so much by the east, wake up. People don't like being told what to do, they don't like being forced to change, surely after 5 years of failure in Iraq you would see that but no.

Who's next after Iran? Isreal? N Korea? UK? France? .. Heck it doesn't take much these days to be labeled a terrorist nation by the US.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The costs will be great, but we need a new regime in Iran.

American can't even deal with Iraq, or Afghanistan for that matter.

America simply isn't competent enough to do what needs to be done in Iran.

It is the last surviving regime that Islamic extremists look to for inspiration and shelter.

Excluding of course the resurgent taliban, the wahabbi clerics in arabia, the egypt, and, probably within a few years, the Islamic Republic of Iraq.

It might suffice to take out major military targets in air-strikes

That will, if it even works, destroy their current ability to make nuke materials, but would also propell them to ramp up their nuke efforts and rebuild, and also give them the public support needed internally and internationally to arm themselves.

edn
Who's next after Iran? Isreal? N Korea? UK? France? .. Heck it doesn't take much these days to be labeled a terrorist nation by the US.

The terrorist nations are the ones that...suport, equip, provide haven for terrorist organizations, or even directly operate them. Iran isn't the demonic country its oftne presented as, but its clearly a rogue state that supports international terrorism.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Its posts like this - the sentiments behind it, and the crass ignorance and disregard that its displays - that cause people to fly jetliners into skyscrapers.

No, I believe it's oil pipeline deals gone bad that cause people to fly jetliners into skyscrapers

Anyways

Attack the Iranian government
Not the people

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Prokurator...

Here's a little song you might want to sing while you wish for death and destruction for a people you have never had the joy of meeting... 'Bomb Iran'

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush

Originally posted by neformore

No, I believe it's oil pipeline deals gone bad that cause people to fly jetliners into skyscrapers

Anyways

Attack the Iranian government
Not the people

whooooooo DickBinBush

That is the most astute thing I have EVER heard anyone say here on ATS!!

You get my Vote for that comment!!

150% totally agree with you!!!

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Neon Haze]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
America simply isn't competent enough to do what needs to be done in Iran.

Ok. Just to stir the pot..

America isn,t competent enough to deal with America.
The big ideas that went behind seizing Iraqi oil to support the failing dollar OBVIOUSLY hasn,t worked.

Time for more conquests over the bad old Arabs. methinks

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join