It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge Blocks Illegal Immigration Ordinances in Hazelton, PA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
From jsobecky's article:

The chief called Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers, but they declined to send someone over to pick up Ramirez.

I suppose they had a prior commitment at Dunkin Donuts? :shk: That really is the ICEing on the Krispy Kreme.

What in the hell is ICE doing up there? A police official can't call them to pick up an admitted illegal alien? Well, the police there gotta be scratching there heads. ICE won't do nothing, they have no authority over the issue, and the townspeople are finally over it. Go Hazelton.

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I think I actually have a legitimate update about this:
Illegal Immigration Foes Hold Rally.
Just a few exceprts to the article...

The day wouldn’t have been complete if we hadn’t heard race agitators whining that this rally being held in support of Mayor Lou Barletta’s ordinance in Hazleton was racist, hateful and unnecessary.
----------------
Carmen Morales of the Hispanic group You Don’t Speak for Me countered those assertions.

“Illegal immigration is not about race, ladies and gentlemen,” she said. “Illegal immigration is about respecting our laws. If you are an illegal alien, you don’t belong here.”
-----------------
Barletta also struck back against President George Bush’s immigration reform bill. Barletta cited recent statements by Bush indicating that those who oppose Bush’s version of immigration reform “don’t want to do what’s right for America.” Barletta added that Bush even suggested Americans who are against the bill are racists.

“With all due respect, Mr. President, you’re wrong,” Barletta said slowly as the crowd cheered. One man shouted, “impeach Bush.”

“I’ve said it many times over the past year: Illegal does not have a race,” said Barletta. “Illegal is illegal.”

I usually use this particular phrase to describe the painfully obvious: These people (in Hazletown) are hitting the nail on the thumb!

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The thing I would like to know if they are only targeting Hispanics, or are they verifying and checking everybody's papers. We have illegals from every part of this world. Does anybody know if they check a black guys papers as carefully as that of an Hispanic? Black guy could easily be a black guy from Haiti or a white guy from Ireland.

And another question I have. Is it really required to show or give your social security number?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join