It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair Defeats Call For Iraqi Probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Prime Minister Tony Blair defeated a opposition request for an probe into his handling of the Iraqi war. For now Defense Secretary Des Browne says that it may happen in the future.

today.reuters.co.uk
LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Tony Blair, U.S. President George W. Bush's strongest ally in the Iraq war, defeated an opposition bid in parliament on Tuesday to force an inquiry into his handling of the conflict.

Defence Secretary Des Browne, however, said an investigation would eventually be carried out.

"When the time is right, of course there will be such an inquiry," Browne told BBC television.

The Ministry of Defence promptly said Browne had not signalled a change in government policy.

"The government's position remains the same. We are not ruling out further inquiries and we are not ruling them in," a ministry spokesman told Reuters.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What I don't understand and what seems to be very common lately, is if the public and the people in government that represent you wish to inquire or have questions regarding things such as this, then why would a representative of the people wish to fight it? Unless you have something to hide or fear that what you did was wrong, why would you not just abide by the request of the people and submit to it? I find this trend to be very dosconcerting lately. It seems that wether they be government in Great britain or government in America that these people once elected feel as though they no longer have to answer to us.

It seems to me that only a person that has something to hide would not submit to such a probe. If in fact everything you did was above board and by the rules , then you have nothing to fear.

Related News Links:
www.irishexaminer.com
www.bloomberg.com
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 1-11-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I don't understand why (I have a bloody good idea though) why they resist the calls for the inquiry.

It's like they keep telling us about all their draconian laws they attempt to force on us:

"If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear"

I think that applies here, don't you, Mr Blair?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Its very simple people my fellow UK members, your government is becoming like our government.

In which will be no accountability for the mistake make by the ruling class. Your system of government is copying Bush policies of accountability.

Very soon even the people's complain will mean nothing to the ones calling the shots.

And I thought that UK is no longer a feudal monarchy.

Just a joke, just a joke.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
[quoute]Marge
Its very simple people my fellow UK members, your government is becoming like our government.

I don't know Marge it seems as though Great Britain so far has been a test bed for things to come to America first. Like those CCD cameras all over the place and the Federal ID's and several other ideas.

I just don't see how these politicians should have any say in their own matters and it is happening everywhere. I'm sure he called in a lot of favors on this one. Why put off the inevitable when you know its going to come sooner or later. Perhaps if this goes through over in GB maybe then we Americans will do the same. I sure as heck am curious as to where all this disappearing Cash went to! Someone needs to answer for a lot of mysterious things.

Pie

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Labour are split over Iraq, but his party only supported him due to one fact. If the government lost the vote, it would crumble and fall apart.

thats why no one will call for a motion of confidence.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
For some reason I feel that both the Uk and the US are just one nation with the same purpose and same laws, but different representation of government.

But it seems that Blair doesn't do anything before asking Bush first, or vice versa.

Also anytime that somebody talks in the UK bad about bush policies and their concerns about Iraq war and UK involvement within the military immediately is a draw back of the statements and an apology.

Funny.

top topics

join