It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

clip of real spoon bender

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic

Originally posted by IspyU
Metal tend to bend easier when it is twisted really fast because it heat up, compare from someone who is bending it slower

It's science nothing special

[edit on 1-11-2006 by IspyU]

i BET u couldnt even bend a spoon as much as she did.

if its so easy, then YOU try it..... Dont just bend the spoon, but wrap it around a few times, likes she did... if it's soooo easy.

I didn't say it was easy, I said it "bend easier" when you bend the spoon faster, please read carefully!!!! And pay attention in science class

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Okay, I think its about time for someone who can actually bend spoons to post on this thread.

Spoonbending requires a very small amount of Psi energy to do. It's what I started out with about a month ago when I decided to become a Psion. Within two days I was bending spoons like nobody's buisness. I have the shattered remnants of the first fork I ever tried to bend lying on my desk as a reminder.

All it requires is some practice and a level of focused 'inattention'. Before you bend the spoon, look away and get emersed in something else for a split second while you bend the spoon.

And the guy whose set up the 1 million dollar challenge for anyone to come out with proof of the paranormal, won't except Spoonbending as evidence.

"Bending spoons and forks is so easy and simple to do, that I often wonder why people think it's so difficult and/or controversial. I teach kids to do it, regularly. Certainly no more psychic power is needed than is needed to break wine-glasses — which is also simple and easy, but doesn't seem to be as popular, for some reason." James Randi
www.randi.org...

So, yes, this is possible. If you still don't want to believe me it's no skin off my nose, but I thought I'd just jump in and give you guys some much needed info.

Try actually moving something with your mind, now that requires POWER.

PS- The spoons and forks I have bent I bent as slowly as I could, so as to avoid the effect of friction as much as I could. The spoon still yeilded to my fingers like butter to a hot knife.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Voidmaster]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
Okay, I think its about time for someone who can actually bend spoons to post on this thread.

Spoonbending requires a very small amount of Psi energy to do. It's what I started out with about a month ago when I decided to become a Psion. Within two days I was bending spoons like nobody's buisness. I have the shattered remnants of the first fork I ever tried to bend lying on my desk as a reminder.

All it requires is some practice and a level of focused 'inattention'. Before you bend the spoon, look away and get emersed in something else for a split second while you bend the spoon.

And the guy whose set up the 1 million dollar challenge for anyone to come out with proof of the paranormal, won't except Spoonbending as evidence.

"Bending spoons and forks is so easy and simple to do, that I often wonder why people think it's so difficult and/or controversial. I teach kids to do it, regularly. Certainly no more psychic power is needed than is needed to break wine-glasses — which is also simple and easy, but doesn't seem to be as popular, for some reason." James Randi
www.randi.org...

So, yes, this is possible. If you still don't want to believe me it's no skin off my nose, but I thought I'd just jump in and give you guys some much needed info.

Try actually moving something with your mind, now that requires POWER.

PS- The spoons and forks I have bent I bent as slowly as I could, so as to avoid the effect of friction as much as I could. The spoon still yeilded to my fingers like butter to a hot knife.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Voidmaster]

THANK YOU!

im glad im not the only one that knows that this is not only possible, but easyl.

she wasnt straining, i dont even know where anyone gets that.... she looked perfectly relaxed...

but oh well... the point is, that the spoon was bent. it wasnt switched, and its not impossible...

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I do have to admit that it looked nice. However she did move her arms around quite a bit so of course a lot of people will claim it's fake. I can't tell you whether she did it using her mind or strength, because i wasn't there.

I have seen some pretty fascinating spoon bending before, I'm talking about where the spoon is put into someone's hand and is rubbed with a finger and it bends upwards. I've also seen someone hold a spoon with two fingers and gently shake it up and down, when they stop it's bent quite a bit.

Unscrewed TV

There is also pictures of spoons that were bent at the part that you put into your mouth (i have no idea what it's called) which I know isn't possible to do using strength alone.

Fork-You.com

Good luck explaining these.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IVE TRIED EVERYTHING FOR BENDING SPOONS AND I CANT IVE TRIED FOR A WEEK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic
i BET u couldnt even bend a spoon as much as she did.

if its so easy, then YOU try it..... Dont just bend the spoon, but wrap it around a few times, likes she did... if it's soooo easy.

Ok, I took you up on this challenge last night. I pulled a spoon out of the drawer and noticed it was a cheap spoon. Not only was I easily able to bend the spoon, it proved even easier to wrap it up like that. That is, until you get down to about around where she did, that's when it starts getting a little harder.

Now in her defense I have fairly strong hands. But this was so easy I chuckled after I did it.

(Note, I haven't read past the first page, sorry if someone else already did this and chuckled)

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I was accosted for actually responding with intelligent scientific FACT!!! I went into storage and removed some old cutlery (I noticed from the pics of HER spoons that they are actually even thinner guage than what I previously stated - about 16 or 18 guage, not 12 or 14 I stated previously!) that was about 14 guage from my bachelor days (back then we stole cutlery from cafeterias
). I tried this neat little trick and completed the task so easily I found myself laughing! I wish I had a digital camera to show you all! This broad is a CRACKPOT!!!

Onto my next question... why spoonbending? Why not break a twig with your mind? Why not bend plastic? What is so special about a spoon that all of the sudden makes people possess paranormal powers?

And Finally, if she had done this trick with her hands handcuffed behind her back and the spoon lying on the table - UNTOUCHED - then I MIGHT be impressed. However, she did nothing more than I... She grabbed a spoon and bent it. SO what!?!? I have ZERO paranormal powers and completed this task so easily it was pathetic!

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I must admit I thought it was a spoof when I first saw it.

If she laid the spoon on the table in front of me and done it I might come closer to believing.

That is a lot of maneuvering about and the spoon did go of screen a few times, a swap perhaps?

I see no point in what she is supposed to be doing. However you look at it she bent a spoon with her hands. Not exactly parascience is it?

We dont know how she does, whatever it is she is supposed to be doing. Could be loads of practice. I think it is all technique.

Take martial arts. The first time you see someone smash a tile or block of wood with a fist, finger or other you think "Wow" and believe there is something mysterious afoot. A lot of training later you can do the same thing. From the inside it aint so hard or impossible.

Could she not find something more appealing for promotional material?

Bring back Urine Smeller I say....

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Lol, I can bend spoons without the use of any Psy power.

Imho psy has better uses then bending spoons, and more fun ones :p

The psy wheel for instance is a great thing to waste some hours on, especialy if the thing actualy moves the way you want it to.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Onto my next question... why spoonbending? Why not break a twig with your mind? Why not bend plastic? What is so special about a spoon that all of the sudden makes people possess paranormal powers?

i really meant with my mind, i have acomplished moving a screwdriver on my desk but if i can get a spoon soft enough i can maybe bend it with my mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Some more of her videos.
(Note: There is no spoon bending in these clips)

Responding to Questions about Spoon Bending

How to Bend a Spoon

[edit on 7/11/2006 by Umbrax]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join