It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help...i did an oops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i just accidently deleted all of my subscribed threads.....is there a way to get them back? can one of the mods undo my delete, or are they gone forever?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I did it once as well...

Contacted a MOD also..

Sorry, but they are gone....

What I did was go back through and subscribe to all the threads I authored... That gets you a good start..

Semper

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
That's a bummer. I know because I've done it, too.

Click find posts at the bottom of one of your posts or elsewhere and start subscribing to threads you've contributed to. It might be tedious, but it's a start.

After awhile, things will get back to normal, as you continue to contribute to posts.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ouch, I remember this pain all too well.

The instructions given above are the best way to get back to business asap.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
thanks for the replies guys....that's what i was afraid of. you know, there really should be a "do you REALLY want to do that" response to that button.

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
there really should be a "do you REALLY want to do that" response to that button.

You know, I'd be all for that. I've deleted all my subscribed threads before, far too easy to do, and damn did I feel stupid afterwards.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
thanks for the replies guys....that's what i was afraid of. you know, there really should be a "do you REALLY want to do that" response to that button.

[\quote]

There's lots of things we could use a "double check" button on, the problem is database queries. Each "action button" i.e. "preview post", "delete subscribed threads", etc... takes a considerable amount of database searching and compiling to do its thing. Now when you consider a few thousand people online at the same time all hammering the database you begin to see why we have to choose between a balance of user friendliness and speed.

We had all sorts of double checks and whatnot years ago and as the traffic skyrocketed the database got slower and slower. There was no choice but to streamline the whole system.

One of our near term goals is to hire a top level database programmer to evaluate, and tweak what we have or, if need be move us up to what they think we should have. This is a hugely expensive thing to do and we are diligently working on ways to find the capital to fund it with.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
This is a hugely expensive thing to do and we are diligently working on ways to find the capital to fund it with.

Springer...

Well if I hit the lottery tomorrow, which I fully expect to do, I'll throw a u2u your way and work something out.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
can't a mod come in here and fix springer's inability to use the quote feature, and then add a little memo to his post, embarrassing him the way the rest of us get embarrassed when we screw up the quote button?

alas, the deleting of subscribed threads is something we have probably all done once (or twice in my case)

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
thanks for taking the time to give me an explanation, springer.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
If this is a thread about accidentally deleting subscribed threads, add me to the list. Also, I think springer's quote issue is with a backwhacka rather than a regular whacka.

And, to Springer, how would the Overloard feel about you bringing in another tech dude? Maybe a little hurt in regards to your lack of faith in him? (Joking, the truth is in any department, a little help is always welcome I'm sure)

new topics

top topics

join