It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worse than a fly in her soup!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Woman Sues Over Condom in Her Clam Chowder

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Waiter, there is something worse than a fly in my soup.
A California woman who found a condom in her bowl of clam chowder has sued the upscale restaurant that served it to her -- saying she has suffered depression and anxiety from the shocking discovery.

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=RKWANLVYRT2FYCRBAELCFEY?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=3795806

Either they have a weird cook... or it was deliberately placed in the soup (for a big bucks lawsuit)

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I could see suffering vomiting and refusing to revisit that particular restaurant, but I have a hard time believing depression and anxiety from finding a condom in her soup. This case sounds as legitimate as the case where the woman sued McDonalds because their cofee was actually SERVED HOT
Knowing the way that juries work, she'll probably get 8 million dollars or something.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Rule number one in a lawsuit,

Sue someone that can afford to pay.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Rule number one in a lawsuit,

Sue someone that can afford to pay.

Followed closely by rule number two, claim emotional damage. It also helps if Johnny Cochran is your attorney.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
That's just nasty. If I found out I had a condom in my soup, and I had been eating the soup, I'd probably get depression too.

But that's just bizzare, what was going on back there in the kitchen?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Kaos,

I agree. Seen Johnny lately he is trilling for that guy in Cali that is rumoured to have offed his wife...

eagle,

especially a problem if one has not previously experienced the taste of rubber or .... or....,

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Condem in my soup? Hell yeah I'd sue I don't want no damn Man Chowder you damn well know if it happened to you, you'd do the american thing to do and sue that mother#er!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If I found a condom in my soup I would first find out who put it their and then sue for money.(I would amputate something from the person that put it in my soup)

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, if I haven't stated what I'd do yet, I'd probably make their life a living hell.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I was thinking maybe a GTA3 rampage episode then suing.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sorry about this gross thread, but news is slow in the Kingdom of Nye. Besides it pays to be in the know! Wonder who's gonna check out their clam chowder REALLY WELL from now on??

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hell, I'd just eat the condom....it's all protein.

no just kidding...

This really disturbs me since Clam Chowder is my favorite soup. I'd sue their asses off.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
nobody filed a lawsuit when we found a condom in the poridge that we were fed in the school.

so why should this person?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
hmmm.... anything to get some cash.
I can't see how she would suffer anxiety and depression because of the incident. Maybe she's anxious to find the next object lurking in her food? I don't know.

new topics

top topics

join