It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me to understand

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
But am strongly anti-Republican, circa 2002, around fall of, to be precise.
There is truth to the statements that Clinton was not a saint, was not the creator of the boom & it was a cycle that was due.
Also true is that two parties in the two party system are to blame for the ills of society as it was a lack of compromise on every issue of importance dealing with social policy that has brought us to where we are.
However, this mushy egalitarianism to say both parties are to blame for a lack of solution is bullshyte. The scapegoat clause of inheriting issues is time contingent, there's a statue of limitations. If it's a screwed pooch & you do nothing to change it, you�re the owner of the problem. In other words, the negative vectors of US domestic & foreign policy, as well as economic standing foreign & domestic, that Clinton inherited, were dismal. The slight recovery starting to eek through was the same as the one we have now - barely ahead of jobs lost so technically it can be called growth.

"Why can't YOU understand the ills of our current society are not the fault of any one party, but of both!

Snapshot present day, they ( the ills )lay solely at the feet of the Republican party. We have faith-based economics at best, unbridled cronyism at worst.
There is an ultimate majority of all three branches that has force fed the minority on every issue possible. We are engaged in warfare globally with no real pretense of warrant, for anyone with his or her eyes open. Or are we to believe that our troops guarding the Unocal pipeline in Columbia are advisors?
Not a single PhD of Economics is on the Bush team, nor has a single one tied his theory of tax cuts to job growth in the near term. At best, if all the pieces fall into place and a butterfly flaps it's wings in Honduras, maybe!

There is zero buy in on any of our military adventurism by any senior officer in the last three administrations, that is not on the current payroll. Remember Stormin' Norman? Or Mr. Middle East Envoy, Gen. Zinni? They spoke their mind, and boom!, " Thanks we don't need you to talk now, buh bye"

Saying today's Republican party is not wholly complicit in today's ills is a buy in to ignorance, not a denial of.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
He got lucky with the economy. He's also got ALOT to hide. Think: MENA, ARKANSAS. The whole Monica Lewinsky thing was ridiculous. The least of his offenses. And there's WACO, RUBY RIDGE, the downing of TWA 800, the OKC bombing - which led to sweeping anti-terrorism laws that would not have passed without the terror. We should all LOSE the labels and vote for COMMON SENSE.

I'll school you on this, but it's off topic. Use the search feature. Just check the date on Ruby Ridge, for starters.

The last part is a rallying cry for me " Voting party takes the valid question of 'who is best for the town/state/country', and replaces it with 'how can we get our guy to win?' "

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
This I must ask all of you. I come here day after day after day and post somwe new morally unconscionable evil that the repugnants do: the lies of the Iraqi war, the neglect of our servicemen, the scams, the fraud, the false bravado, the racism, the mysogny, the spirit of Cain, and the hypocrisy

I do this everyday, hoping to have one repugnant to change. And, what do I get?

'Well, look at Clinton."

Or

"You're a commie liberal."

This is completely inane. Realize, that these people aren't just robbing from me but YOU as well. The Bechtel and Haliburton scams, the Enron-Arnie Recall. These people scam you as well as me.

WHY, in God's name, do you choose to stay with this degenerate filth?

noone can teach you what you do not want to learn. your challenge is rather foolhearty in light of the person giving it.

that would be like charles manson asking someone to show him how to be normal. he doesnt want to be normal so asking for the help is also....a waste of time.

however i will say i have never given a reply like the above two examples you have given. hell i dont even care what your politics are but your lack of consistency and logic astounds me and even scares me a little so i interject from time to time to point these thigns out to you.

blast whoever you want but at least hold the same set of standards up to every politician, not just the ones you want to hate. show consistency and some logic.

of course you'll accuse me of "attacking" you again and call me a repugnant and blah blah blah
ad nauseum...

but go ahead, tell everyone how i have "the spirit of cain" in me and how i eat babies even though i am not a republican. please, it amuses me greatly.

noone can MAKE you do something you do not want to do and i truly dont believe you want to understand what you say you want to understand in the title of this thread.

however if you ever want to understand more than you do now then i'd be willing to help.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have a desktop calendar of 365 Bush quotes (one for every day of the year) that will make you want to swallow your tongue and dig your own grave. If that alone does not convince someone that they are following the wrong person, they are beyond hope and you just have to let them go.

Here are some examples:

"The education issue ought to be discussed about" - GWB Dec. 15 2000

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy." - GWB Sept. 27, 2000

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things" GWB Nov. 30 1996

[Edited on 11/12/2003 by fingerprint]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Colonel, you blind old goat, no murders in your party? Of course, I know you haven't forgotten Clinton, have you? And surely you know what Ted Kennedy said to his girlfriend one day while driving toward the the estate when she told him she might be pregnant (For those of you who don't know, "We'll, honey, I'll cross that bridge when we get there!"), and so on and so forth.
Need I remind you of the deaths in Bosnia, when we served Europe? Surely I don't have to remind you of the aspirin factory, the Bedouin roamers and the several goats and camels killed by various missile attacks when the attention needed to be taken off of Bill's lurid personal life? The guys in Somalia, I need not mention there loss of life that was in vain. Heck, I got better things to do than to prove your hypocrisy, especially when you even know it. Hell, I bet you couldn't even keep a straight face when you typed that hogwash.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   

You've made some sweeping generalizations. Not everyone falls into your description.

I know not everyone falls into this category, but it is a category. Maybe I should have said "one type of person that supports bush", instead of "THE type". Terrorism, is the "obvious tactic" used by the administration. I can only speak of my experiences with Americans in the southern states and when I meet people that hang the picture of DUBYA under a picture of Jesus Christ , this strikes a nerve. These people exist and they will be a factor in the next election and this is directly related to the way he uses religious undertones in his speeches.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mooseofterror

You've made some sweeping generalizations. Not everyone falls into your description.

I know not everyone falls into this category, but it is a category. Maybe I should have said "one type of person that supports bush", instead of "THE type". Terrorism, is the "obvious tactic" used by the administration. I can only speak of my experiences with Americans in the southern states and when I meet people that hang the picture of DUBYA under a picture of Jesus Christ , this strikes a nerve. These people exist and they will be a factor in the next election and this is directly related to the way he uses religious undertones in his speeches.

Go out and change their minds.

<< 1   >>

join