It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kappa Sigma Question

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
all i would have to say is i am a member of the greek society, though not the same one.

I beleive that it is true you don't have to join a ferternity, to create these life long bonds with your frinds. It could be acheived outside the ferternity, what i think the rituals do is bond your brothers together(ie friends) faster. And i do NOT agree with some of their rituals and hazings but the processes do seem to work. and it true that dues can be a financial burden on some, but it is essential, and if you are a brother you know why.

and i am very happy to see such a good example of a TRUE BROTHER that left the ferternity with dignity and respect. and truelly has learned something.

KUDOS to you

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It means Brothers in Heart Throughout life

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Masonry? Psh....that is a bit unorigional to base a fraternity's ritual off of Masonry. Keep in mind that Kappa Sigma has been around since the 1400s. What would make anyone think that a guy in the 1800s came up with a ritual? It is a 400 year difference. I know a kappa sig and heard the entire ritual is partially in Latin, and the other half is English. But the majority of the important parts are in Latin and taught to you several weeks before initiation as a pledge...so you at least know what they mean.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by imacboy

what means brotherhood heart in life?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by imacboy

I'm new around here, so maybe this is the norm, but the big exposed secret that everyone's debating about seems to have come from here:

www.iaff2612.com...

I mean, good for finding a nice-sounding motto and saying it's a frat motto, but it appears that the only secret exposed today is that of the firemen of Sedgwick County, KS.

Have you heard the latest baloney? Jeez.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Why people come on here and beg to be told the secrets of my Fraternity will always amaze me, b/c why would you want to know about something that you have nothing to do with? That however compares very little to those who insult our ritual by making things up. I will go ahead and save those of you who think they know what A.E.K.Δ.B. really means some time, I have now read this entire thread and I have not once seen the real meaning. I will confess that I have gotten on these little blogs before and pretended to be an "ex-Kappa Sig" and blow so much bull# peoples way just for and good laugh and to make people shut up about it. Way to go to anyone who is pulling that now. The reason we hate that people try to steel our secrets and learn our ritual is because that is what bonds us all as a whole. And when people try to cheapen it, it will piss off any true Kappa Sigma.

A.E.K.Δ.B.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherforlife
Why people come on here and beg to be told the secrets of my Fraternity will always amaze me, b/c why would you want to know about something that you have nothing to do with? That however compares very little to those who insult our ritual by making things up. I will go ahead and save those of you who think they know what A.E.K.Δ.B. really means some time, I have now read this entire thread and I have not once seen the real meaning.

Oh, Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Will this pathetic college-boy thread NEVER end?

OK, I'll go out on a limb here and say, is "Adelphoi et kardia du bois" good enough? (brotherhood of the heart or brothers of the heart)

Have you heard the latest from Bologna? Roccus! Roccus!

I'm sorry BOYS, but this is a conspiracy forum after all...and silly college-BOY fraternity secrets are of little if ANY significance. In fact, in the great scheme of things, they are of no importance at all.

When you become adults, and look back upon the "secrets" of your fraternity and all it's silly so-called "secrets" you'll laugh too.

Now, for Christ's sake, can we PLEASE kill this useless, juvenile thread?

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Appak]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Okay the College BOY comment about fraternity urked me, but hey that's what people are for right?

Any rate I to am a fraternity brother. I'm not in Kappa Sigma, but another. I see people here talking about images and seals. Myself and a small group of friend reopened a charter at my University. We had no place for initiation on campus. So we traveled 8 freakin hours to U-Maine. Our brothers had a house there on Campus, but we were not initiated there. WE WERE initiated in a Masonic Temple in Bangor, Maine.

It blew my mind. I didn't think I had any right to be in the middle of there large checkered floor, but there I found myself.

these ( most) college fraternities have a great deal to do with the Mason's and other familiar groups. The links should be more closely looked upon. Over 100 years of American men being molded into the future of a nation and commerce. There is your association. Any one in business knows that networking is a key to success.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Appak I like to think that my fraternity has already taught me some life lessons, some of which are communicated through our secrets. I am going to tell you a little story about a man I conversed with at a funeral the other day. This story I believe will convey how important someones fraternity is to them. I was at a funeral at my church. I was of course in coat and tie, and I saw fit to wear my badge. I happened to know the older gentleman sitting next to me so we exchanged pleasantries and began discussing how terrible it was for us to be meeting that Sunday afternoon for a funeral of a 22 year old. He leaned in for a closer look at my badge, so we began discussing the fraternity. I found out that he too was a member of Kappa Sigma. He pledged in the 50's but was unable to be initiated due to grades. Two semesters later he had his grades but he was joining the service so he never got a chance to be initiated. In 1993 his big brother called him and asked him if he wanted to be initiated. The man waited forty years to cherish the secrets of Kappa Sigma. If college fraternities and their secrets mean nothing once you grow older then why in the world would he care about getting initiated 40 years later. To the Kappa Sigmas reading this remember your obligation.

D.j. Watkins
Mu-Beta
Kappa Sigma

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Weejay22

My whole point Weejay and Young Minded... is that this discussion has NO contributory value on a conspiracy site. Period.

I, too, was VERY active in my college fraternity when I, myself was a "college boy" (like it or not...college-age folks are typically far from being adults).

Yes, the Greek experience is invaluable (for those of us who like that sort of thing) and yes, it led me into Freemasonry, a choice I'll never regret. Yes, my fraternity, too, is very similar in structure, etc. to Freemasonry.

No, discussion of college fraternites and how wonderful they are have nothing to do with conspiracy.

There are plenty of yahoo-groups out there for fraternities.

Oh, and as an aside, my college fraternity still uses the local Masonic Temple for initiations. We used to use a local Episcopal Church, but the new Priest decided it best not to have college boys lurking around there late at night.

Regards,

Paul

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Okay i have read this entire thread now and much of this is a petty argument.

First off, i am a Kappa Sig, and i hold firm in my faith for the brotherhood.

Second, yes stephen alonzo jackson, a freemason, based much of our ritual off of the freemasons. So thats settled, but i cant and wont apologize for this occurence.

Third, very few of you know anything about the history of kappa Sigma, much less even the true name of kappa sigma. We were started in 1400 AD, and in 1869 moved into the US. I have no problem in admitting were based off of an older much grander brotherhood. Yes, the ritual was recreated....i hope to find the true ritual of kappa sigma as it was in the 1400s.
However, we are still a brotherhood, AEKDB, we are all still brothers, although not perfect, we are brothers.

Pledgeship is NOT about hazing....pledgeship is a very beautiful thing. I can go into detail about this as it is not considered among our secrets. (BTW to the above post from a pledge in kappa sigma, keep it up, however u have yet to learn any of our secrets, i learnt no secrets until initiation, as should you, and much of what has been said about kappa sigma is true however none of it is the meaning of kappa sigma so its useless efforts) During pledgeship, if your chapter chooses to haze (and yes mine did) it is meant to drive you closer to your pledge brothers, whom you should already consider your brothers, you have to stick with them to survive, so that you can understand what it means when you choose to become a brother should you be accepted.
Yes, i will admit that my own chapter has problems within itself, but none that myself and my other pledge brothers will not fix. I have taken it upon me, along with another of my pledge brothers, to change my chapter into what it should be. I am JI, of my chapter, and i tell you now i will become grand master inn the coming years, and i will make sure that my chapter is looked up at by all as the example of a true brotherhood and not a pathetic college frat.
So, no, my fraternity of kappa sigma isn't perfect, and call me ignorant if you will, but i stand by the secrets of my brothers, and will never reveil them. I would die for any one of my brothers. To those faithful brothers of mine in here, thankyou.

Love my Brothers,
Love my Pledges,
Love my brotherhood,
A.E.K.Δ.B.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vesuvius 13
Third, very few of you know anything about the history of kappa Sigma, much less even the true name of kappa sigma. We were started in 1400 AD, and in 1869 moved into the US.

Ves,

Being proud of your frat is a good thing for those of us who were/are college frat members...but if you honest-to-God believe that Kappa Sigma was "started in 1400 AD, and in 1869 moved into the US" Well....all I can say is "Bologna"

Kappa Sigma was started in the US in 1869 based on made-up stories connecting them with Bologna in 1400.

Hell, if you can get away with that I'll trump you. My college fraternity was started with the Poor Fellow Soldiers of Jesus Christ and the Temple of Solomon (Knights Templar) in 1118/1119 A.D. and came to the U.S. in 1865...mysteriously appearing on the campus of then Washington College (now Washington & Lee University) in Lexington, VA.

Hey, no hard feelings here, OK? My whole point is that this thread has nothing to do with conspiracy....unless the conspiracy is to waste time, energy, et cetera.

That being said, I hear "she who must be obeyed" telling me it's time to open presents before we leave for midnight Mass.

Be well!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
AEKDB = Aldelfoid Ein Kardia Dia Biu (Brothers in heart throughout life)

I was a brother once of Kappa Sig. It's all pretty standard bull#. I don't know how they don't get into more trouble for hazing though. Their ritual initiation involves pushing a blindfolded initiate off a set of stairs. The initiate falls into a sack held by the brothers, but a lot could go wrong. I've seen straps break before.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I never understood hazing, one of the fraternities at a college that I attended, (TKE who seems to have a bad reputation far and wide in my state) had pledges doing push-ups on broken glass.There is something wrong with a mindset of people who will go to these lengths for acceptance, or perhaps they continue out of threat of leaving from their other brothers.I just don't see how you can respect someone that abused you and call them your brother.Also I would say that the ratio of people joining college fraternities to get drunk and get laid far outnumber those joining for any type of supposed enlightenment.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Pirates got you down? Join KS!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The Kappa Sigma ritual/initiation ceremony is posted as a blog on this person's myspace.

www.myspace.com/kappasigmaritual

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropicalchris
Masonry? Psh....that is a bit unorigional to base a fraternity's ritual off of Masonry. Keep in mind that Kappa Sigma has been around since the 1400s. What would make anyone think that a guy in the 1800s came up with a ritual? It is a 400 year difference.

The oldest Masonic document - the Regis Manuscript - dates to 1390, and it is considered by scholars to be a copy of an older manuscript.

SooOOoo...While Kappa Sigma has indeed been around since 1400, the roots of Freemasonry are a good 10 years older than KS.

And - not to belabour the point - but KS did form at a University ... and the University was built by operative Masons.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
After reading all the posts, one thing is for sure, these "North-American Interfraternity Conference" secret-societies are closely linked with Freemasonry.

NICINDY Members
www.nicindy.org...

[edit on 4/2/2008 by yassin]

[edit on 4/2/2008 by yassin]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yassin

After reading your links I fail to see any connection. Could you be a bit more specific?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yassin
After reading all the posts, one thing is for sure, these "North-American Interfraternity Conference" secret-societies are closely linked with Freemasonry.

NICINDY Members
www.nicindy.org...

I don't see any connection in your included links.

While Freemasonry admits members who are 18 (and older), it's not a collegiate fraternity. NIC serves college fraternities.

For future reference: just because the word 'fraternity' is associated with an organization, that doesn't mean that it's related to Freemasonry. There are many different types of fraternities.

Your pal,
Meat.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join