It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kappa Sigma Question

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randomsidekick

As a longtime member of Kappa Sigma, I can attest that this translation of AEKDB is incorrect. I will say no more.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
For Lambda Chi, ZAX means Zeugma Adelphotetos Christianikes

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
As a Kappa Sigma for over a quarter of a century - and one that knows the ritual well - I must say that if this thread is indicative of what is on the web posing as ritual, I am not the least concerned. The Arkansas "brother" couldn't be. First off, one of the obligations of a brother is to remain current in our dues, which he didn't by his own admission. Another is to know the history, traditions and ritual. Judging by his translation, he is was as devoted to that as his financial obligation.

AI, 84

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Just to even the playing field, ZAX meants Zeugma Adelphotetos Christianikes, or Bond of Chirstian Brotherhood

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
the best reply to any of this is to completely ignore it an not post

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I am almost 44 years old and a brother of Kappa Sigma.

Thankfully, no one has deduced what AEKDB means. Even if someone does, it will mean nothing to them. They will not understand why it is even a fraternal secret. A big let down. It won't mean a thing.

My FRAT brothers and I come from very diverse backgrounds. We have grown older together and supported each other through divorce, death, addiction, and severe economic hardship.

We made bonds in school that have carried over into our adult lives. These are bonds that others may not understand. That's fine. Most of us are just regular guys. One of my little brothers is in seminary school now. We aren't drunken idiots. Just guys.

In the 21 years since I was an active brother, I can say that I have come to understand the true meaning of brotherhood. Some fraternities are all about the party, but for my chapter of Kappa Sigma, it was about enduring friendship. That friendship has led to a group we can all count on for support when life kicks you or graces you with a marriage, a child, a new life.

To my brothers,
AEKDB

[edit on 23-3-2009 by tommyrock]

[edit on 23-3-2009 by tommyrock]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nygdan

What line?

I'm a musician and a Kappa Sigma. Liberal. Masters Degree.

What line?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Some people like to know the "secrets" just to know the secrets. For women's fraternities, Alpha Phi's AOE has always rattled people's minds. Message boards have questions like, "What does AOE mean?" Does it really matter? 99% of fraternity secret mottos cannot be appreciated unless you are a member. If you study rituals from an academic standpoint, you might appreciate the mottos within the context of athe ritual. But really, just having a collection of secrets is not going to mean anything! Believe me, collegiate fraternities and sororities are social clubs- they aren't out to take over the world.

Sure, some founders were Masons. In the case of women's fraternities, the women could have been related to a Mason or had help from a MAson friend or professor. That's the only reason the rituals have MAsonic flavor. (Now, Achoth/PhiOPi and Omega Epsilon Sigma had MAsonic rituals- I assume- because they were OES sororities!)

This said, let the Kappa Sigma have AEKDB all to themselves. We non-Kappa Sigmas aren't missing anything.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
YOU ARE INCREDIBLY SILLY!!! (bro's esp)

this is a conspiracy theory and ufo nerd talk kinda forum and a lot of you all getting way too worked up about nothing

PUT IT IN PESPECTIVE:

If someone writes 'Bryan (me) is an idiot' and I blast back, "No I'm not, how dare you you piece of #!" everybody else reads into the response like, "whoa buddy, if you're not then why'd you get so upset, why'd you even care what so-and-so said..."
It would almost make me look guilty, right!

FOR THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT DEEPER THINKING
(now that I've made my point)

try this:
the net buzzes about coming one-world governments & international bankers manipulating the human race for global control...think to yourself- do you ever hear the 'real players' say ANYTHING to refute the claims against them??? NO, they are absolutely silent bc they know 1) the people 'out there' asking questions really don't know anything substantial AND 2) the more the little people talk the more nobody believes anything anyways. Truth (if any) gets lost in the shuffle.

***THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE USE THE MASSES TO ADD CONFUSION TO COVER THEIR OWN FOOTSTEPS. ***
-i know this isn't the best analogy, but it gets my point across:
(think: guy at beach wearing identifiable shoes- walks off with purse but gets away cause the whole beach is in an uproar kicking up the sand running around looking (heads down) for prints- where if they all kept their heads up and focused on what was important they'd see a dude with a purple purse exiting stage Left)

LET PEOPLE TALK AND SPIN THEIR WHEELS...hell, feed them "mis-information' and watch them go in circles- works for the CIA, worked for the 9-11 report

FOCUS ON LARGER and MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES
THAT HAVE AN EFFECT ON YOUR:
-COMMUNITY
-STATE
-COUNTRY
-PLANET

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by brotherforchrist
I know that you can't generalize but EVERY person that I have ever met that joined a college fraternity did it to get drunk and laid,not because they were seeking some ancient wisdom or esoteric knowledge.

[edit on 24-5-2007 by brotherforchrist]

I am a recent Kappa Sig alumnus and by most accounts I joined my chapter pretty late in college career, it was the first semester of my junior year. I can tell you that before I joined I was drinking beer and definetly getting laid. You don't need a fraternity to have fun in college, I joined because I was looking for brotherhood. Maybe i wasn't looking for esoteric Knowledge, but I think its unfair to label all fraternities and their members because you have a prejudice against them.

Did some guys join to get drunk? yes. However, we had brothers who didn't drink at all and brothers who would abstain from drinking most of the time. I'd like to think that I was less out of control after joining Kappa Sigma because there were people who actually cared what happened to me. While a kappa Sig I had the best GPA of college career and volunteered more than I ever had. I was pushed to be a better person and I'm very proud of my chapter for helping me achieve so much.

AEKDB

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Most of what I've seen on here about being our (Kappa Sig) secrets is garbage. It might be a little close but it won't pass the test if you are put to it. So don't try

Yes, Stephen Alonzo Jackson did tinker with our ritual - I'm not sure how much but neither is anyone else. Could be that it had been similar long before Brother Jackson was initiated.

Being a Kappa Sig led me to the Freemasons, and yes there are similarities. However, several freemason brothers admitted to me that their college fraternity rituals were very similar to freemasonry also. BTW, I don't remember being pushed off any stairs during either initiation. I do remember that I enjoyed the initiations and would love to be able to have that experience again. Alas, only wishful remembrance.

Did Kappa Sigma begin in 1869? Here is something to ponder. If Kappa Sigma started in 1869 at the U of VA, why did the 5 friends and brothers start the fraternity with ZETA chapter. Also, Beta Chapter at the University of Alabama can date the Kappa Sigma history there to prior to the Civil War - through University records that document fraternities existing on campus with members who left school to join the confederate cause.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by randomsidekick

You are just guessing right? Cause that isn't the definition I was given. Were you a pledge that got blackballed?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wildswan

Just FYI... the star and crescent is not our (Kappa Sigma) crest. The crest is the red shield with diagonal stars and caduceus. I do think the star and crescent it is the coolest of fraternity symbols though. Not to be worn by every man.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
AEKDB = Brothers in Heart Throughout Life

Star and Crescent come from the christian star and the Muslim crescent.

The ritual involves the pledge being blindfolded and "walked" through Bologna. At the end, the pledge is led up stairs which symbolize various tenets of KS. After the 5th step is explained, the pledge is pushed off and falls into a canvas sheet held by the brothers. Hazing, if you ask me.

Anyone want to know anything else. I have a verbatim copy of the ritual if anyone is interested.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fribledib

Who cares? What have you proven here?

M74

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fribledib
After the 5th step is explained, the pledge is pushed off and falls into a canvas sheet held by the brothers. Hazing, if you ask me.

This is foolishness.

I am not a Kappa Sig, but I have read their ritual book from cover to cover. Such a thing is not hazing, especially when taken in context of the lesson the act is meant to teach the initiate. If you really have read their ritual, maybe you should go back and re-read that part for comprehension.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I saw a symbol that was used by Kappa Sigma and I can attest that the inverted star/pentagram is generally used as a symbol to identify satanic cults. It is quite the opposite which is used by Wicca which is confused by some because of lack of education.
From, The Wicca Handbook by Eileen Holland. She didn't say anything about this organization; I only used her information about pentagrams and the meaning of their reversal.
I could care less about the organization I am only sharing my personal knowledge of symbolism.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join