It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats with exorcisms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey does anyone know why Exorcisms mostly are done by Catholics and the people who are usually possessed are Catholics. Does anyone know why this is? Also does anyone have any very recent stories about exorcisms or being possessed and what is a good book to read on the subject?

please comment....

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Exorcism is not something that is specifically tied to catholicism as the media would make you believe, there is records of exorcism also in islam, judaism, and so on. The ways of exorcism ties directly to demonism so religions have been exorcising people from ancient times.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Revelmonk]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I used to belong to the DWJD Team Dallas (Do What Jesus Did). We were a part of Bob Larson Ministries. Bob is one of the formost authorities in cults, the supernatural, and occult, today. During My time with the ministry I was involved in the ministry of exorcism. I can tell you this, as intresting as it sounds, it is much more intresting to take place in. I would suggest doing a book search on Bob Larson and going from there. Most people think this is flakey, but when you have seen the truth you know that it is real.

MaxxLarge
****DENY POSTAL CLOWNS****

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Experienced

I used to belong to the DWJD Team Dallas (Do What Jesus Did). We were a part of Bob Larson Ministries. Bob is one of the formost authorities in cults, the supernatural, and occult, today. During My time with the ministry I was involved in the ministry of exorcism. I can tell you this, as intresting as it sounds, it is much more intresting to take place in. I would suggest doing a book search on Bob Larson and going from there. Most people think this is flakey, but when you have seen the truth you know that it is real.

MaxxLarge
****DENY POSTAL CLOWNS****

Experienced, could you possibly give an example of an excorsism you attended?

top topics

join