It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's tallest tower rising in Dubai and more than 160 stories ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
that is huge with 30,000 apartments and the world's largest shopping mall.
has anybody heard of this before? or have links.

news.yahoo.com...
news.yahoo.com...

something that big I wonder what kind of safty meashers it has.
www.burjdubaiskyscraper.com...
[edit on 31-10-2006 by slayerfan]

[edit on 31-10-2006 by slayerfan]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The Dubai tower, yep I've heard of it, heard about a few
years ago actually.

It's a prety cool building, it'll be the tallest structure on the
planet when it's finished, assuming something else is'nt
started and finished that outdoes it.

Here's the Wikipedia article.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The whole Dubai development explosion is actually quite fascinating to me. Especially the man-made islands depicted as the globe, a palm tree, etc.

Here's some additional pics

The place must just drip with money.....

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
thanks for the link iori_komei.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333
The whole Dubai development explosion is actually quite fascinating to me. Especially the man-made islands depicted as the globe, a palm tree, etc.

I think I read that thay make thare money from oil that is running out so thare king or hoever is putting all this money for a turist destanaiton for futher money a smart way of thinking.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Dubai is a city being built on the backs of poor arabs. Dubai envisions themselves as the "New York City of the Middle East." Dubai's filthy rich sheiks are building, planning, and executing amazing projects that cost countless billions of dollars. I would like to see the city of Dubai 100 years from now because I don't understand how they'll fill all of these extravegent and humongous towers. It seems like a front.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdp333

Yeah that place is cool. Very very expensive too. I believe it goes for big bucks for a nights stay there. It is turning into quite a hot spot for vacationers , so Im told.
I think they even have an indoor skiing place there with snowmakers and everything much like we'd have an indoor ice skating rink.

Pie

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Lets see if someone flies a plane into it.After all,it is being built with the help of the infidel's money!!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
WOW...

I wish to visit Dubai someday.. their architecture and their city seems absolutely amazing and futuristic.. a true gem to the governments wealth.. Why is it though the small tiny ME countries like such and Kuwait and Qatar do so much better then Iran or Iraq who have far more wealth in oil???

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
the middle east + the tallest building in the world + pro-american funding = a wonderful equation for disaster

great job unknown development corporation!

[edit on 3-11-2006 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Good luck to them!

But there's a saying my old man use to say" The bigger they are, the harder they fall"

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Imho the Dubai Palm is much more impressive as an architectural feat then the tower.

www.palmsales.ca...

If you lookup the central building thats going to be put in the middle of the stem of the palm, now thats one hell of a building.

The 160 floor tower is pritty much several towers bult on top of eachother, the higher you go the smaller the towers.

The central building for the Palm has a very unique form and is built on land they created in the water with sand rather then actual land.

[edit on 3/11/06 by thematrix]

new topics

top topics

join