It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry is Rove's October Surprise!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Seems Karl Rove has used the mind control machine to get Lerch to assist with the October Surprise.

Kerry basically told a group at a college in Pasadena, CA that the only option for those who dont excel in academics is to join the army. By extension he is attacking US troops by alluding the military is populated with dummys who have no options except the Army, Navy, AirForce, Marines, or Coast Gaurd

Kerry's Quote from Fox News Website:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

And then in damage control mode today, he told his audience that anyone who doubts his commitment to the US Armed Forces is "Crazy"

[edit on 10/31/2006 by darkbluesky]Video Link]Video Link

[edit on 10/31/2006 by darkbluesky]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
And karl rove did this how, exactly??

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The mind control machine.

Sorry Nygdan, there was a bit of sarcasm in my post.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What he fails to mention is that if you can't afford to go to university in the first place then you become part of the 'poverty draft'.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here is one of John Kerry's opinions regarding US Soildiers;

From the Blog Captains Quarters:

John Kerry speaking w/ Bob Scheffer: "And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs. Whether you like it or not..."

Sounds like rock solid support...right?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
And let's not forget his remarks before the Senate about the troops in VietNam... the infamous "Genghis Khan" comments.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I find this quite humorous in light of the fact that when Kerry was running for president he was constantly bringing up the fact that he served in the armed forces. Now in a round about kind of way, he's saying he's an idiot! LOL!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I watched his "clarification" statement about an hour ago. He looked like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Ironic that he put what could be the last nail in his political coffin on Halloween.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
I find this quite humorous in light of the fact that when Kerry was running for president he was constantly bringing up the fact that he served in the armed forces. Now in a round about kind of way, he's saying he's an idiot! LOL!

That's right..... John Kerry served in Vietnam. How could we forget that? He only told us every chance he had.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So, is it not true that if you don't do well in school, one of your best options for a successful life is through the military?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
So, is it not true that if you don't do well in school, one of your best options for a successful life is through the military?

It's an option. I wouldn't agree it's one of the best options. Military service is not for everyone.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with his statement.
First of all he said you'll end up in Iraq.
That's not the same as you'll end up in the military.

To be completely blunt, the vast majority (>98%) of service people in Iraq are Army and MC. People who did well in HS and have what it takes to attain a college degree usually do not enlist in those branches. The Army has the lowest standards. They accept the most non HS grads as well as people with the lowest test scores. They'll take you with an 8th grade reading level. The Air Force won't. LOL

I'd wager over half the people walking a foot patrol on the streets of Baghdad do not have what it takes to go to college.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Kerry is an idiot, he's a disgrace to this country, and hopefully he'll be kicked out of the Senate next time he's up for election.

Loser!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
*removed rant*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I see nothing wrong with his statement.
First of all he said you'll end up in Iraq.
That's not the same as you'll end up in the military.

If saying "you'll end up in Iraq" doesn't mean "you'll end up in the military" what the heck does it mean?

The problem with the statement IMO is that it was politically motivated and he used the women and women serving their counrty as tools in his political play.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
He's saying our troops are stupid and uneducated.

Kerry's the only stupid person involved in this scandalous statement.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This man is a total disgrace. All he's managed to do is piss on our men and women who are truely heros. I've emailed his office in washington and hopes he's defeated in his next senate election.

This is soooo typical of the arrogant elitist liberal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a friggin jackass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So, aside from the general hatred of Kerry, what is the complaint about his comments?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Kerry basically told a group at a college in Pasadena, CA that the only option for those who dont excel in academics is to join the army. By extension he is attacking US troops by alluding the military is populated with dummys who have no options except the Army, Navy, AirForce, Marines, or Coast Gaurd

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

No, he didn't. Kerry is saying that a lot of people who don't get a good education end up in Iraq.

It requires simple logic to undersand this. If you say, A. Bobby likes orange, B. All girls like orange, it does not follow that Bobby is a girl...Why? Because the premise B. does not require that only girls like oranges.

The same logic applies to Kerry's statement, he is stating that if you don't get a good education, your mostly likely option is the military. But, it does not follow to claim that he is saying only the less-educated are in the military.

Why the White House doesn't understand simple logic is beyond me...perhaps they are truly incapable or maybe they are just playing all you fools since the November election is coming up and they are scared.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
So, aside from the general hatred of Kerry, what is the complaint about his comments?

The implication of his words.

The implication that going to Iraq is the only option for those who cannot excel academically.

The implication that those who can excel academically do not choose to serve in Iraq.

The implication that academic success is somehow more important than success in life's other endeavors.

But most importantly, the implication that it is somehow shameful to serve in Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join