It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"What will it take for you too believe"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I was curious on all the different perspectives and windows of oppurtunity what would it take for you too believe?What without question would you take as reality?If you saw it with your own eyes?If you felt it?If you had a discussion with Space entities?IF you went on a ride inside an Unconventional Craft.Learned about their biology and physical dynamics.What Atsers will it take for you as Earths People to decide what is real and what isn't?Is reality a personal perspective?What is your reality as far as the whole field of Aliens/ufology go and why?What triggers your responses?

This is for you "ATSERS TO POST YOUR TRUTH"
Anything that you think is relative to your reality of lifes other designs.It can be factual data, a feeling within whatever you forsee as being the Truth to other existances out there.This means any hindsight, remote viewing, past life, an imprint anything that helps you to understand what your truth is.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
With a background in scientific investigation and analyses, I must admit, that I would need empirical, first-hand evidence of some type.

Of the myriad threads here at ATS, a wonderful forum to be sure, there are many intriguing theories, lots of conjecture (and banter), a few morsels of possibility, tons of hot air, but alas, no real proof.

Oh, I already believe - I just need validation. Perhaps that is your real question: What would it take for one to accept as proof as opposed to simple "belief".

I suppose like many of the good folks here, I want to believe, I DO believe, I just wish there was a single shred of undisputable, irrefutable, undeniable, verifiable HARD evidence to "Lock It In". You got anything like that?

*sigh* waiting... waiting... waiting...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There are two scenarios.

Personal Proof.

An event in my life that has no other rational explaination other than that of an EBE.

"Disclosure"

A broad term that I will simply define as world wide recognition by all knowledgable parties that EBE's are real and have visited the planet.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The problem that I see is that everyone has different views on everything, I believe in many things, I have not had first hand experiances, but ive heard the first hand experiences of others. Saddly there are always people who must disprove anything anyone says, if I say I saw a UFO, they say it was actualy -insert type of aircraft here-, now lets say that had actualy been a UFO, now the person who saw it may now be convinced they saw whatever the person told them, just because the other person seems to have knowledge over the subject, does this make sense?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

I suppose like many of the good folks here, I want to believe, I DO believe, I just wish there was a single shred of undisputable, irrefutable, undeniable, verifiable HARD evidence to "Lock It In". You got anything like that?

*sigh* waiting... waiting... waiting...

How about a Cosmic Consciousness.What will happen when humanity unlocks their Cosmic Self, no pun intended.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Part of the problem is that our civilzation revolves around financial wealth and reputation. In 2006, aliens and ufos is still a bit of a fringe topic... So you have less reputable people willing to come forward with their stories.

It's extremely easy to smear someone (you see it in politics all the time) so reputable civilians and military officials have a lot to lose. They also have little to gain. I mean how many people are you actually going to convince with a story or photograph?

This is where human psychology really becomes a huge factor.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well if you believe in a god then you should believe in alien life right? There is no proof that god exists yet millions believe in it so believing in alien life from other than this planet is a no brainer.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Well if you believe in a god then you should believe in alien life right? There is no proof that god exists yet millions believe in it so believing in alien life from other than this planet is a no brainer.

Bingo!

So we come to the part where we admit that the vast majority of our species is being controlled by social and cultural pressures.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hmmm, an interesting question. I have had so many strange incidents and there is no one common point that bring it all together. I guess I do believe, but would like all the pieces to fit together. Perhaps a recovered memory or visual confirmation would help.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is what makes it hard in the field of Obscurity, it's our personal relationships with the unknown that makes us or drive us to know more.We know that we know very little yet the drive to learn is beyond our conception.The unfolding process is always a gradual one.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

Well believing in god is different, it shouldnt be but it really is, peopel dont believe in god because they saw god, they believe in god because either they need something to rely on or they are afriad and the list goes on, now some people are told to believe in god at a younge age, so when they become adults, they never lose touch with that, something for peopel to hold on to, aliens and what not is speculation for many people, especialy many god worshippers, now maybe its not the same case for you, but whenever I try to have a conversation about aliens with my friends, if a single very religious person is there, they try and disprove everything we bring up, and allot of the time saying how god did not create them, god only created us.

also allot of the time when I even bring up god, people acuse me of hating god, this is not the case, if I said anything to offend your religion i apologize, for some reason people just get offended when I talk about god.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshkwamy

...if a single very religious person is there, they try and disprove everything we bring up, and allot of the time saying how god did not create them, god only created us.

also allot of the time when I even bring up god, people acuse me of hating god, this is not the case, if I said anything to offend your religion i apologize, for some reason people just get offended when I talk about god.

I think that may be due to centuries of brainwashing by religious leaders. They want for the people to be dependent on God ("them") and everything they need in life can be obtained from God ("them") and the only person allowed to talk about God is... "them".

Sometimes you have to find a way to get your point across by making people "think". Unfortunately, "them" are regularly teaching the sheeple not to think.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by annestacey]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
well for me it dosnt take much just a convincing photo or story. For some people it take alot lot more not even a glowing orb that hovers for 2hrs is enough to convince some. I think its mainly down to an ignorance to think that life outside our solar system might exist with much more advanced technology i mean it is possible just cos we dont know how to do it dosent mean they dont and the fact that other speices cant live on planets which dint have oxygen or an atmosphere just because the planets dont have the same characteristics of our earth dose not mean they cant suppost life. i mean they must be adapted to their enviroment and if they are more advanced they may live underground (mars attacks) in complex bases . what really bugs me is when people try to make out that people who believe they have seen ufos to have a history of mental illness or they were drunk at the time.
well thats how i feel about this.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Do you guys realize what it is you're asking? Cause you're asking alot. If everyone believed in aliens it would change the entire civilization of our planet. What would happen to all the religions and the social order? And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm saying that's a HUGE thing.

Man is'nt ready for that. Most of us have'nt even grown out of our primitive stage yet.

You say "sheeple". Well for thousands of years man thought he was alone in the universe. How do you change that thought so quickly?

You need the ultimate proof. A living, communicateing alien willing to show him(her) self in a very public place with plenty of witnesses.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by elaine]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I will accept the reality that aliens are visiting the Earth, are responsible for the UFO phenomenon and all that comes attached to said theory when I am no longer required to believe. In other words - when I know.

A more direct answer to the question - when all other possibilities I can think of fail and aliens are the only option left. When I know so much about myself, my mind, my soul and the planet I live in that I can't help but say, "Ok... this is extra-terrestrial."

UFOs are to me a mistery and "alien spacecraft" is one possibility among many but I really don't think the case is closed. Far from closed is what I'd say. To start believing in a possibility would mean I'd be disregarding everything else and stop questioning it. Is it time to stop questioning? I don't think so. Does it mean I don't think it is aliens? No. I simply do not know what these phenomena are. It is my ignorance of it that makes me curious, not my knowledge.

However... does it really matter? Is it even important for everyone to believe?

If someone believes in God and I don't is my lack of belief an insult to said belief? Is it mandatory for belief to be unanimous? Am I hurting the belief by not believing? Is it harder to believe in something if some do not? Does my void of faith upset those who believe?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
"Disclosure"

A broad term that I will simply define as world wide recognition by all knowledgable parties that EBE's are real and have visited the planet.

It'll be funny to see us to crack on "there are aliens" conspiracy.
In fact, fast "disclosure" may not really work. I suspect people would more likely believe it's an NWO conspiracy then a fact. Unless it's demonstrated worldwide, "independence day" style, but that's obviously not an option. However i'm still unsure what happens if they simply roll out press releases worldwide on a New Year's day, that might work better.

edit:
The reason behind the New Year's day speculation is psychology. You simply wont bother to panic or even to think about it and it's accepted for granted. Ever wondered why Yeltsin resigned that way?

[edit on 31-10-2006 by krif]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Do you guys realize what it is you're asking? Cause you're asking alot. If everyone believed in aliens it would change the entire civilization of our planet. What would happen to all the religions and the social order? And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm saying that's a HUGE thing.

Man is'nt ready for that. Most of us have'nt even grown out of our primitive stage yet.

You say "sheeple". Well for thousands of years man thought he was alone in the universe. How do you change that thought so quickly?

You need the ultimate proof. A living, communicateing alien willing to show him(her) self in a very public place with plenty of witnesses.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by elaine]

What your saying does make allot of sense, and maybe any other life forms are waiting for the human race to be ready to show themselves, could you imagine some little green alien (not to steriotype) coming down to say hi to an entire planet of people who many of them disprove the idea of life in the galaxy completely, that might not go by that well, I see intergalactic incident written all over that.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'll take "interviewed on Jerry Srpinger."

Seriously, there's a lot of hoaxes around. There's lots of fakes and frauds. I will believe in any alien civilization that shows up and walks around in front of people and media and talks to our scientists and shows up on talk shows and tv shows.

I'm not sure if I'd believe them if they showed up on Howard Stern, though. And I've always had the sneaking suspicion that he and Rush Limbaugh were aliens. The bad kind of aliens.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thats why I have always said that a "belief system" is the most dangerous thing in this universe.It carries a lot of weight and when enough people believe in the same idea it becomes reality, a "Set Reality".Get enough people backing you and you have an army.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I never intend too nor have I ever "believed". However, I do THINK (using my head, not my "heart") that there is a truth out there yet to be fully answered or discovered re: alien life and the origins of objects people have seen which can not be readily identified. The truth of these phenomena may be a (not so) simple problem of peoples personal perceptions and preconcieved ideas.

I am also in the camp of belief systems are dangerous and are too easily influenced by abstract thought and distraction from others. I have seen things I can not explain or identify. This does not default my experiences to having an ET or Alien experience. It is what it is - an unexplained event and I'll leave it at that until I have personal proof or comfirmation of what my suspicions are re: what I have seen or the same from what I would regard as a irrefutable trustworthy nonbiased source.

Innate curiousity will forever drive me to find answers to these confounded mysteries whether they be imagined, alien or man-made. I will put stock in the idea that what most people have experienced it is either a mixture of the three or one of them by themselves, including myself.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Lost_Mind]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join