It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hard Questions : What Went Wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:54 AM
link   
By all standards of the modern world�economic development, literacy, scientific achievement�Muslim civilization, once a mighty enterprise, has fallen low. Many in the Middle East blame a variety of outside forces. But underlying much of the Muslim world's travail may be a simple lack of freedom

by Bernard Lewis

Click the link, read the article & give your enlightened opinion.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 06:06 AM
link   
yeah, or maybe "Muslim" is not a nation but a faith, like christianity, and, like christianity, there are wonderfully successful, powerfull intelligent and nice Muslims all over the world.

you really do have a theist problem Ultra, maybe you should quit all this racist bullcrap before somone tells you where to shove it?

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What went wrong is that they became a theocracy. Turkey (which isn't as backwards as the rest) became a secular state in the 20th century and made a lot of progress since then.

The moral of the story is that ANY civilization that is run under a theocracy will never make as much progress as a secular society.

So if we want America to become a "has been" we should promote a religious agenda.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 12:46 PM
link   
In asense you have a point, Byrd, but in this (U.S.) nation's history, you can see that the nation was founded as a Christian society and was expected to have those ethics and morals, while the government was limited in nature and was to follow the guidelines written into the documentation. The fears that some have that the Christian Coalition will make everyone go to church twice a week and and all that jazz is not even a possibility, but scare-tactics created by those who want to drive the nation away from the foundation that made the society strong.
Islam's viewpoint on church and state is totally different than that of this nation's founding concepts, as the conversion of the world to Islam, or how it is to be converted is drastically different. This is evident throughout the world.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

you really do have a theist problem Ultra, maybe you should quit all this racist bullcrap before somone tells you where to shove it?

I told you many times, but I'll do an effort, one more time ! This is NOT racist bullcrap.

A racist don't like a different race.

There is blacks mosleems, whites mosleems, browns moslims, yellow....etc...etc....

So, don't call me a racist ! You don't understand the meaning of this word or you are doing your leftist propaganda, one more time !

And don't speak about my position over the mosleems. When I see your own position over the Christians...........

You try to do a debunker job, but you are not enough good.

Racist and racism are the news super-weapons used by you and your komrad.

Of course, I understand your position. Since the fall of the communism in the former USSR and almost everywhere in the world, you have to have a new ennemy-class. And all your so-called racists are this new ennemy.

Your poor leftist-rethoric is working only with poor minded peoples or blinded peoples.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is another nice topic...

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101
yeah, or maybe "Muslim" is not a nation but a faith, like christianity, and, like christianity, there are wonderfully successful, powerfull intelligent and nice Muslims all over the world.

Here we go with the racism stuff again. Typical response of someone who refuses to look at the truth. The western society DOES benefit from our way of life. Muslim nations, have issues do to their lack of freedoms. Muslim nations cause their own problems. Why be afraid to say something that is true?

[Edited on 11/29/2003 by Seapeople]

top topics

join