It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunters Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just letting everyone know...

Ghost Hunters (Sci Fi) are doing a live ghost hunt. From 11pm to 5am ET. Should be pretty cool. I'll be recording it.

Just letting you guys know

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think they are doing it a the hotel the Shining was filmed at.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Watching it now, only thing that bugs me is the sound effects. Not neccesary, and effects my own research.

If I could pay the bills doing this kind of research I would be doing it on a nightly basis.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Tracido]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
pretty unimpressed!!! That stupid wrestler was annoying and it seemed like they where worried about him being bored or something, Ghost hunters should not try and be more entertaining they should stick to there scientific research, and the people that watch are going to like that more anyway!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I missed watching this last night. Did anything of interest happen during the hunt?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I didn't watch. I'm a fan of the show, but I honestly would rather see the edited version ... minus all the hours of nothing happening. I just want to see the highlights.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It was too long to watch but I did record it. Being a ghost hunter I already know that 99% of all ghost hunts are boring so watching 6 hours in one shot of other people ghost hunting did not interest me but I will try to cut through it later.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Alright. Well let me know when you sift through the garbage. I didn't tape it or anything so I'll just wait to hear what you guys have to say.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I only watched the first 3 hours so far. Few things happened..

1) 2 guys were in some kind of hallway and they heard a voice say "hello" so they said hello back and whatever it was said hello a couple more times and then they heard a laughing noise and got it on tape.

2) In one of the rooms the found a cold spot, couldn't debunk it, and followed it around the room.

I hope they find better things during the second half.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I love the show also,

They did the holel before for two nights they were in the place and one of the best scenes was when in one of the occupied rooms the door of the closed opened and a drinking glass got broken on the bed side table and ten the door of the closed closed again.

All in front of the camera, even my husband got spooked at that one.

It was one of the best.
that is why they decided to go back again.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeah that show is entertaining most times. I enjoy it regularly, just missed this event.

By the way, Congrats on the new Grand-Nephew!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if most people didn't watch it. 11pm to 5am on a tuesday night??

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't know. Maybe it's because I don't get the Sci-Fi channel and I had to download Season 1 and 2 and now getting 3 as it goes up but, the show has sort of changed over time. I think I noticed it because I watched the episodes back to back instead of having to wait a week for the next one. At first it seemed like they were going out not caring if thay captured something or not. Now things seem to happen every show. Also, these guys are terrible actors. Everything is not just taped as it happens. I notice them having to play certain roles or "characters" on the show. Especially with Steve, Brian and Tango. This was kinda evident in the last episode I watched where Tango got hit in the crotch with a door - planned. Another scene where Steve has to explain how the some of the basic equipment works to Tango even though he's been with the show for 3 seasons. It's all for the viewers who haven't watched the show before, I understand but they all seem very awkward when they have to do this. Anyone else see what I'm talking about? I know they have to keep the show entertaining to stay on the air I guess. Anyway I still watch it lol!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Naw I sat through the whole thing, I have a splitting .ache from staying up that late though (went on till 6am here).

The voice and laughing were my favs because it was in a closed off and almost sound proof area in a cut away tunnel to the side of the employee passageway.

There was also a point which the goofy guest got a bit scared (nothing more humorous than a wrestler trying to act tough when they've been spooked). Steve, the noob and . hurts not sure if there was another besides the ECW punk all heard footsteps and went to a nearby stair case and followed the footsteps with mics from the top all the way down to the bottom, and nobody was there. I agree though, the wrestler was totally out of place.

At another point some music was heard, a door opened that was locked from behind and they tried to open earlier (though that may have been cooks from the kitchen etc, wish they could do this without anyone else in the entire place for at least 6 hours) and some shadow sightings, not sure if they will be on the review, we'll have to see.

I wish they would just cut out the background music for the love of pete that completely ruins it when they hear something and I'm straining or turning up volume to hear it too.

EDIT: Yeah libra I also agree there too. Some stuff just really is to draw new watchers in and try to keep them from getting bored. Though it's as close as I"m going to get to doing this stuff myself with some others who are least slighty skeptic, try to disprove and instead of totally accepting of what could just be dust orbs and psychics that may run 900 #'s among many others etc.'s. They really seem to want to find irrefutable evidence. Though my fav of all time is still that lighthouse episode from season 2.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Tracido]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I made it through the first 2 hours. The wrestler was just annoying the hell out of me and the background music, while perfect at times, seemed really uncalled for, especially when you can see the ghost hunters straining to hear something that might be close to them.

Still, the fact that they aired all 6 hours live says a lot for these guys. I was impressed with the fortitude it takes to do it and even more shocked that Sci-Fi gave them 6 hours. I wonder if that 6 hours of airtime was somehow the reason that the wrestler was on there...some sort of compensation for other shows on the network?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I watched until 1 a.m. my time and then morpheous got the best of me. I'd have watched every minute of it if I could have stayed awake. The creepy crap in the tunnel had me hooked!

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah, that was creepy.

Does anyone know if they will have a show showing the evidence they got during the investigation?

top topics

join