It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Lives Up to His Caricature

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I don't slink away from anything, especially not a puffed-out prig like you.

What I do and how I support our troops is none of your business, and I certainly am not going tit for tat about it here on the board with the likes of you.

I respect your contributions to the troops support, and the service of your wife's son, but I definitely have no respect for your scornful, putdown attitude.

If you need to look down on others to feel good and justify yourself, go ahead, I don't want any part of it.

It is attitudes like yours that are dividing this country, sending children like your wife's off to die for lies, and leading us down the road to ruin.

Again, in your face!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
The whole stink is about comments he made in Pasadena, CA yesterday. He talked about getting an education and good grades or getting stuck in Iraq.

To me, he was obviously talking about President Bush's 'C' average in college and the way he is stuck in Iraq.

Of course, the "right-wing nuts" are saying he was talking about our troops. Handy spin for them, if you want to believe it.

The best part was how he said President Bush used to live in Texas, but now he lives in a state of denial.

Ummmm...

No.. I am sorry.. I honestly tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, they said he simply messed up the joke (which if said correctly as they restated it still sounded insulting to troops because all he was supposed to do was add "like Bush")

And another thing.. him adding that Bush getting "c" average in college resulted in the people getting stuck in Iraq (and the president) doesn't make much sense seeing as..... Kerry also had a C average.. did not do his homework either.. in fact his freshman year at Yale he had 2 D's

Mhm..

would officially like to fix his mess up.

"If you stay in school, do your homework, you'll go places in life, if not you'll end up marrying the ketchup lady and making a pompous ass of your self insulting someone just like your self"

Also Mr. Kerry should never play the veterans card.. hes a disgraced veteran.. a shame to the nation and the very reason I refused to vote for him.

Next, Kerry not apologizing when he obviously messed, on purpose is hurting his image (can it be hurt anymore?) and his party, being portrayed as ignorant troop hating meanies.
.. truly going to help Republicans.

My opinion, Kerry needs to stay away from.. people. Honestly.. if you insult a mans intelligence, have some your self.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

What I do and how I support our troops is none of your business, and I certainly am not going tit for tat about it here on the board with the likes of you.

I respect your contributions to the troops support, and the service of your wife's son, but I definitely have no respect for your scornful, putdown attitude.

There are many out there claiming to support the troops 100%, while really doing nothing but complaining. You think that's what a soldier stuck in Baghdad really needs right this minute? No, they need any kind of contact from home they can get. Listening to people who only complain while their life is on the line gives them about as much comfort as you'd expect.

So, on this thread I decided check out one of these "100% supporters". Sad, but what I got in return wasn't about stepping up to the plate to help out. No, it was about name calling and insults. Sad but not surprising - at all.

Icarus, your wax is beginning to melt. As I suspected, you have nothing to say for yourself. Your response is so typical of those that get caught in the big L situation - "why, it's none of your business". And as for put down attitiudes, you need only review your own posts and look in the mirror. Oh, and thanks for your thanks for my support of the troops. Someone's got to do it. If not you, who?

Too bad you didn't take my earlier advice to fold. Because right now you're acting like a poker player that keeps raising the bet while only holding a pair of deuces.

Back on topic - it's now being reported on MSNBC and other news outlets that Kerry is cancelling campaign stops, or having them cancelled by the candidates who no longer want his kind of "help". Sounding familiar, Kerry has refused to apologize or back down. But wait, isn't Kerry always calling on this or that Republican to apologize for whatever? So, we also need to add hypocrisy to Kerry's long list of "leadership traits". Hey John! Say bye-bye to '08. And thanks for your help in '06.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I don't slink away from anything, especially not a puffed-out prig like you.

I respect your contributions to the troops support, and the service of your wife's son, but I definitely have no respect for your scornful, put down attitude.

If you need to look down on others to feel good and justify yourself, go ahead, I don't want any part of it.

It is attitudes like yours that are dividing this country, sending children like your wife's off to die for lies, and leading us down the road to ruin.

Again, in your face!

Hey, honestly man you need to cool it alright?

Expressing your opinion is one thing, saying 1211 was wrong in saying you don't support troops in a good enough fashion is one thing, saying you don't support the war is one thing, hell.. even saying you don't support troops would be one thing....

It is entirely different when you start spewing some ignorant BS like this

Yeah, you support troops. I suppose I would believe that until this little bit. Personally, I think you ow 1211 an apology for such a comment.. uncalled for, and I will certainly hope that is not your real side.. to say something like that about another board members step son is DISGUSTING, I could give a crap what party you claim to back, that is really a poor show of character.

If a few words hurt your feelings so bad that you resort to insult his wife's parenting skills or her sons judgement, see someone, and possibly get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Again, I support the troops 100% in every way I can, including inviting Marines from Pendelton into my home for Thanksgiving Dinner. The Navy Corpsman who lives on my block will attest to my support for him and his wife and young daughter. I don't need to crow about it on the boards to look good to other members.

I resent our politicians sending our young troops off to die in this misbegotten fraud of a WOT. People like 1211 who support it, are part of the problem, imo, and part of the reason so many of our young troops are dying in this fiasco. If he really had any of the values he claims, he would look at the jokers in the WH who are wrapping themselves in the flag every day, and have the blood of our young on their hands.

I am sick and tired of being attacked by the likes of him, and I won't back down from it another inch.

If you don't like it, then in your face, too!

[edit on 1-11-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
No, no, no

I am not doubting AT ALL that you support the troops man, I was incredibly mad that you would directly insult the man and his wife AND their son.

you can think they hurt the country all you want, the troops sign up willingly though, you join an army, you ought to be prepared to act and go where the army is ordered to go. They do not join to have fun, education.. they are soldiers to fight and kill.. it is their job that they willingly joined to do. To say that politicians are the causes is absolutly correct. To say it is republicans is absolutly wrong. To say the parents of the soldiers are the root cause of the problem is .. quite honestly confusing.

Again, I was not questioning you supporting troops, I was questioning your attack on his family.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ultimately, the power is supposed to rest with the people in this country, and we get the government we deserve. We elected the pack of rats in DC, and I believe it is our responsibility to clean house now.

It does bring it right home to know that our decisions at the polls, and the policies we support can greatly effect, even cost the lives, of our loved ones. That wasn't meant as an insult, it was meant as a wake up call.

My 7-year-old son went out last night dressed in a Marine Corps outfit. It wasn't a costume to him, he wants to serve. He wants to be a Marine. One of the few, the proud, the brave.

I will be darned if I will allow a pack of rats like the one running this country right now to send him off to die in a debacle like the one we are in right now!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Don't worry about your son, I also wanted to be a marine when I was 7
and a police officer, and a fire fighter, and a swat guy.

I would agree that we need at least one or the other under Dem control, say the House or the Senate.. to make sure stupid laws don't pass..... then again Bush's "martial law" bill passed unaminously.... so..

Elections, yes, the people have to power to vote in new people (unless they use die bold machines) but..... if you have followed Ohio, I do not have a choice. Either way, I would bet we will have the most corrupt senator in the senate. Ill vote on the issues (against the smoking bands
and other stupid issues .. like Ohio's ingenious idea to place slot machines in various places to feed off gambling addicts to fund college tuition scholarships :flame
but I cannot bring my self to vote R or D.

*sigh*

What to do when democracy fails?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Actually, sorry for all you people rubbing one out over this, Kerry was again calling Bush an Idiot and being an Idiot he and all of his followers missed the joke. Since Bush admitted he didn't know about Shiites and Sunnis and Kurds all living in Iraq. Or it was in the Middle East, or that the Iraqis might not like having their children raped, and that they might not lay down and take it when another country invades them. In fact Kerry even said after the speech he was calling Bush an idiot.

All you people screaming he called the army idiots need to put down the kool aid and listen to the person who said the quote and not Fox News which is still reporting about nuclear weapons in Iraq.

Kerry told reporters in Seattle, Washington, that the remark was a "botched joke" meant to target the president, not U.S. troops.
"The White House's attempt to distort my true statement is a remarkable testament to their abject failure in making America safe," the Massachusetts senator said. "It's a stunning statement about their willingness to reduce anything in America to raw politics."
www.cnn.com...

“I think people will remember John Kerry’s press conference today as the moment we Democrats stopped once and forever accepting the disgraceful smears of Republicans. John Kerry showed our Party how to fight back with the truth.
“John Kerry is a patriot who has fought tooth and nail for veterans ever since he came home from Vietnam. He has stood with his brothers in arms unlike this Administration which exploits our troops to make a political point and divide America.
"John Kerry should apologize to no one for his criticism of the President and his broken policy in Iraq. George Bush is the one who owes our troops an apology. This is text book Republican campaign tactics.
“Everybody knows it’s not working this time around. If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq and not the president who got us stuck there, they’ve got a partisan political agenda and that’s the bottom line. We’re not going to take it any more.”
blog.thedemocraticdaily.com...

At a hastily arranged news conference in Seattle, Kerry said: "I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of his broken policy."
Kerry said the comment in question was "a botched joke about the president and the president's people, not about the troops ... and they know that's what I was talking about."
news.yahoo.com...

"This is the classic GOP playbook," Kerry said in a harshly worded statement. "I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks that always seem to come from those who never can be found to serve in war, but love to attack those who did. I'm not going to be lectured by a stuffed suit White House mouthpiece standing behind a podium." www.military.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
Kerry was again calling Bush an Idiot and being an Idiot he and all of his followers missed the joke.

No he didn't. He very clearly said that if you are stupid and/or get bad grades then you have no place to go except to the military and off to Iraq. He definately was NOT insulting Bush. He was insulting the military folks. BTW .. there are tests to get into the military. You can't be a complete idiot and get in. And many have gone to college and/or are going part time while they are in the service.

All you people screaming he called the army idiots need to put down the kool aid and listen to the person who said the quote and not Fox News

oh brother.
YOU need to stop screaming that Kerry is innocent; put down YOUR kool aid; and listen to ALL the news channels (FOX, CNN, MSNBC) as well as the leadership and brightest stars of the democratic party - Hillary, Dean, Harold Ford Jr., etc etc .... ALL say he owes the troops a big apology and all say that he screwed up. This isn't a FOX thing .. it's EVERYWHERE.

They also are critical of his 'cover story' that he was trying to say that it was Bush who was stupid and didn't get a good education so he sent us to Iraq. FACT is Kerry got worse grades then Bush did in college. So his 'cover story' is impossible. That is on all the news stations as well as coming from the democratic leadership

“John Kerry is a patriot ...

Totally different subject .. and no he's not a patriot.

"John Kerry should apologize to no one for his criticism of the President

He didn't criticise the president. He was critical of the education level of the troops. Which, in many cases, is much higher than his.

If anyone thinks a veteran would criticize the more than 140,000 heroes serving in Iraq ..

He's only a veteran because his repeated attempts at deferment were turned down. And of course he'd be critical of US troops. He did it in Vietnam. WINTER SOLDIER ring a bell? HMMMMM? He lied about American troops then; and he's slapping them in the face now. It's what he does. Nothing has changed in 30 years.

"I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of his broken policy."

He wasn't critical of the president. He was critical of the troops and their education levels and their 'smarts'.

Kerry said in a harshly worded statement. "I'm sick and tired of these despicable Republican attacks ...

Right now it's EVERYONE that is getting on Kerry .. not republicans but EVERYONE and for very good reason. The buffoon said exactly what he thought and it's the same thing that he thought of the troops 30 years ago. He thinks they are all law breaking idiots.

And if he's tired of being attacked then he shouldn't do and say stupid things .. which he clearly did (again). It's his own fault.

[edit on 11/1/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I cant blame you all for having a field day with this one.

The man either works for Rove and the Bush's (as i have long suspected) or he's a total moron.

He cant get out of this one. Even with a "C" average at Yale, you'd think he knew an insult, wouldnt you???

I hope he runs- cause the Dems are after him...and i hear he cant be found. :shk:

Its really funny, if you think about it.

AND what a stroke of luck for the Republicans!!!! Isnt it amazing? Now because Kerry said this, who knows how many Democratic votes will be lost.

Bush and Rove have a higher God than the rest of us.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Surprised it took this look for the troops in Iraq to respond to Kerry:

At least the troops in spite of their tough circumstances still have a sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoorahUSMC
Actually, sorry for all you people rubbing one out over this, Kerry was again calling Bush an Idiot and being an Idiot he and all of his followers missed the joke.

Apparently many people in the Democratic party are also "idiots" as you so eloquently put it, as they are running away from him and his words like he has typhoid. They must have not got the punch line either. It's actually pretty funny coming from someone who had grades that weren't that spectacular in college.

It's pretty bad when your own party starts to ask for you to apologize, but they must be closet Republicans right? Don't make it sound like it's a Republican plot when it was Kerry himself who caused it by trying "comedy". Every one knows what a barrel of laughs John Kerry is. He inserted his foot, let him hop around with it in his mouth.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Boy i this thread was getting way outa hand!!!personal attacks left and right hehe..now that its back on track..DGTEMPE makes another good point. how lucky are the right for the timing of this idiots remarks..its stupid but true the dems will lose votes over these remarks

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I cant blame you all for having a field day with this one.
AND what a stroke of luck for the Republicans!!!! Isnt it amazing? Now because Kerry said this, who knows how many Democratic votes will be lost.

Bush and Rove have a higher God than the rest of us.

Sad how neither party can avoid 'snatching defeat from the jaws of victory'. A couple years ago the Republicans had people talking about whether the democrat party could even survive - and then they helped them right back in the political race with all the stupid decisions by Bush, et al. Now, just when it seemed that the democrats might be able to take back one or both houses of congress, along comes John Kerry picking up right where he left off in the last election.

Go figure ...

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The man either works for Rove and the Bush's ... or he's a total moron.

He's a total moron.

because Kerry said this, who knows how many Democratic votes will be lost.

I predict no votes lost for the dems over this. It is obvious to everyone that this is all John Kerry and that his being a moron has nothing to do with Hillary, Dean, Biden, Harold Ford, etc. etc.

The only one to lose votes over this will be the ones Kerry wanted when he runs for president again ... hopefully now he will finally go away.

Edited to add - EXCELLENT picture Centurion

[edit on 11/1/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Surprised it took this look for the troops in Iraq to respond to Kerry:

At least the troops in spite of their tough circumstances still have a sense of humor.

wow, this picture is sad, when you look at it. Its totally mispelled (because of the implication by Kerry that they were stupid) :shk:

Yes, they do have a sense of humor- I'm no traitor, but i know when someone has fd up royally and Kerry did. Its sad.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The bozo is finally coming out and apologizing to anyone offended by his remarks. Too little, too late, if you ask me. He should have just kept his dumb mouth shut.

Fearful of damaging his own party in next week's elections, Sen. John Kerry apologized Wednesday to "any service member, family member or American" offended by remarks deemed by Republicans and Democrats to be insulting to U.S. forces in Iraq.

AP story, no link yet

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
John Kerry stands for one thing and one thing only, and he plays to one group of constituents only, and those are THOSE WHO HATE BUSH.

Which appears to be about 70% of the country, or the majority.

Also, I typed in caps because once again you people are still screaming about Kerry insulting the troops even though it is a known fact he was calling Bush an Idiot. The only way he could apologize to the troops he insulted is if Bush ever served, which he didn't. Kerry told the people minutes after the speech, released his original text that he botched, and for the past couple days has been going on about how he botched the joke yet no one who watches Fox News for news have heard or read this. All they hear is "Saddam has WMDs, Kerry attacked troops, and Mark Foley and Dennis Hastert are democrats."

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   

The bozo is finally coming out and apologizing to anyone offended by his remarks. Too little, too late, if you ask me. He should have just kept his dumb mouth shut.

And to think this guy also came close to being elected president in 2004.

Seems like the two political sides are down to saying, "He may be a moron, but at least he's our moron". Or, "Our idiot is better than your idiot".

Sad.

<< 1    3 >>

join