It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Lives Up to His Caricature

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Sorry no link now, but according to FOX John Kerry called member(s) of the Bush Administration "right-wing nutjobs""

Where have I heard him say that before? Maybe the JibJab Internet cartoon like two years ago

[edit on 10/31/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The whole stink is about comments he made in Pasadena, CA yesterday. He talked about getting an education and good grades or getting stuck in Iraq.

To me, he was obviously talking about President Bush's 'C' average in college and the way he is stuck in Iraq.

Of course, the "right-wing nuts" are saying he was talking about our troops. Handy spin for them, if you want to believe it.

The best part was how he said President Bush used to live in Texas, but now he lives in a state of denial.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

To me, he was obviously talking about President Bush's 'C' average in college and the way he is stuck in Iraq.

Of course, the "right-wing nuts" are saying he was talking about our troops. Handy spin for them, if you want to believe it.

The best part was how he said President Bush used to live in Texas, but now he lives in a state of denial.

Actually George Bush's GPA at Yale was higher than John Kerry's GPA at Yale. And I have a hard time thinking well of a man who hasn't had a job except for marrying well. Futhermore those of us who have family members in the military take great exception to his comments, my husband served in the Army after graduating from U of Pennsylvania which is an ivy leauge university. Both of my B-I-Ls have college degrees, both have MBAs and one has a graduate degree in military science. Both of them are still serving you as LT Colonels in the Army. My father was educated at the United States Naval Academy. Lucky for us, our military attracts some of the best and brightest our country has to offer. Unfortunatly John Kerry is not counted among them. John Kerry was talking about our troops and in my opinion just lost any chance he had to run in 08-which is fine with me.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That's one hell of a stretch. Especially considering Mr. Kerry was also a C student.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

John Kerry was talking about our troops and in my opinion just lost any chance he had to run in 08-which is fine with me.

This comment is typical of Republican desperation to maintain control of this country's government going into next Tuesday's vote. This desperation is characterized by the knee-jerk reaction to Kerry's (he is a big doofus, btw, and I wouldn't vote for him) lame joke directed at President Bush.

So they are both dummies. And we elected them to high office in our government.

Time to make some changes.

Faux News has been crowing about this all day. Grabbing at straws. The Republicans are going to get voted out, and rightly so.

Get over it!

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Get over it!

Get over what? This is not a political remark in my opinion, it was a blatent snobby, "look down your nose", ring knocking, junior officer slur. Politicians are politicians, they are all cut from the same cloth. I just happen to have a visceral reaction to John Kerry, I can't stand the man. Futhermore his claim that he supports the troops is bogus and if he could still squeeze his ketchup eating, rich wife butt kissing rear end into his dress whites you bet he'd be wearing them still. Sure some changes must be made but I'm pretty confident that John Kerry is not the direction we should be headed to.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here is an article about it:
enews.earthlink.net.../4546d850_3ca6_15526200610311991261767

"The Massachusetts senator, who is considering another presidential run in 2008, had opened his speech at Pasadena City College with several one-liners, joking at one point that Bush had lived in Texas but now "lives in a state of denial."

Then he said: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

It sounds to me as if Kerry is pointing out that in this country, unless you work hard at school and get good grades or you have alot of money, then there are few options left except to go into the military at entry level. That doesn't sound insultilng to me, it sounds like he's pointing out the truth of how it is in this country. And before anyone accuses me of being anti-military, all of them in my family served long years in the military, my father was I believe the first mustang Admiral in the Navy. He went in as a poor kid from the ghetto and worked his way up. But that wasn't his only accomplishment, he went on to do even more amazing things. That's a good example of how one can get ahead and make a success of themselves if they start out in the military.

And BTW, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld served in the military when...??? I think the Repubs have a nerve making a big deal out of this.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I support our military 100%.

If Kerry was in fact referring to our troops with his remark, then he is an even bigger idiot than I already supposed.

The revelations about his military service record in 'Nam during the '04 campaign were telling enough to damage his effort to get elected. Throwing his medals over the fence at the WH, and possibly overstating the number and severity of his injuries in order to get sent home early made him look bad.

But like FL said, at least he served. The problem for me is he may have now become what he demonstrated so vehemently against then; another lying politician.

They all need to go, and sooner rather than later. Let's get some integrity back into our government.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I support our military 100%.

Easy for many to say it seems these days. Much more difficult to show in deeds.

If Kerry was in fact referring to our troops with his remark, then he is an even bigger idiot than I already supposed.

Exactly who else could Kerry have been referring to with his remarks. If unsure, go read it again.

As for the rest of your statement, well, I'll just leave that stand as is.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You think you're slick, don't you? You don't fool me.

I don't support the warmongering politicians who are misdirecting our military, but I support our armed forces, especially the USMC, 100%.

They may turn out to be our only hope for salvation from this mess our misguided, sellout to global corporations, stab the American people in the back federal government has gotten us into.

That's right. In your face!

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't support the warmongering politicians who are misdirecting our military, but I support our armed forces, especially the USMC, 100%.

1. First off, they're politicians. Lower your expectations.

2. Why the Marines more than others? They're all on the same team. Were you a Marine or a wannabe?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
They were our first official armed service, November 10, 1775.

I think they are the best. They do the most with the least.
They led the way with combined arms maneuvers.

My dad was a mustang Colonel, a Naval Aviator, and a test pilot at Pax River and Edwards. My whole childhood was a bootcamp.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
IMO Kerry and any of the other people who supported the Iraq war are the people that the Dems ned to get rid of. The Dems need fresh young blood that can define there plans and values and really put the boot into the Republican party.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
IMO Kerry and any of the other people who supported the Iraq war are the people that the Dems ned to get rid of. The Dems need fresh young blood that can define there plans and values and really put the boot into the Republican party.

Perhaps you would like to explain to me what the Dem's new plans and values really are. Are the Hillary Clinton's recent call for a more "internationalist" foreign policy? Could you be specific in your responses. How will they improve the economy, the military, win the war against Islamic terrorism, fix Social Security and Medicare, Education, Homeland Security for starters. All I ever hear is generalities, running against the Republicans rather than for themselves.

For example: Natinal Strength

Our nation stands as a shining example to all the world of freedom and democracy, a unique honor that comes with a responsibility to lead.
Democrats believe that strong international alliances are the cornerstone of our foreign policy. The threat from international terrorism and rogue states requires a new era of alliances led by the United States, based on mutual respect and shared vision.
www.democrats.org...

That's really going out on a limb, I'm sure the Republicans are totally against that stand.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Drudge is reporting now that a democrat congressman has been quoted as telling ABC news that "I guess Kerry wasn't content blowing 2004, now he wants to blow 2006, too''.
While a democrat candidate for congress from Iowa has cancelled a joint appearance with Kerry due to his remarks.

Some posters above have tried to play this down, but I think it's only going to go away - in their dreams.

To the "brilliant" John F. Kerry - another democrat that says he "supports" (those uneducated fools) the troops - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
for showing for all to see what democrats really think when they say they "support" the troops.

Read all about it on Drudge and ABC's website

[edit on 10/31/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Back at you. So tell us all exactly how you support the troops (100%).

For example:

Do you help put together care packages in your local community to send overseas?

Do you at visit the wounded soldiers in a hospital nearby?

Do you contribute to organizations such as the USO?

My wife and I put our time and money where our mouth is and have done these things.

Or do you (most likely) only contribute your "100% support" for the troops solely by posting such as you have on this thread? Best for you to just slink away from this one IMHO.

Oh, did I also mention the son my wife has contributed to the military, currently (volunteered) serving in the army?
That's worth a hell of a lot more chips on the table for this discussion than "childhood at a bootcamp".

Having this 'conversation' with you is quite frankly disgusting me.

[edit on 10/31/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Perhaps you would like to explain to me what the Dem's new plans and values really are. Are the Hillary Clinton's recent call for a more "internationalist" foreign policy?

Hillary is one of the Dems who needs to be given the boot.
I dont know what the Dems new values and plans would be it would be up to the new comers and remaining old guard to define what values and plans the Dems stand by.

Could you be specific in your responses. How will they improve the economy, the military, win the war against Islamic terrorism, fix Social Security and Medicare, Education, Homeland Security for starters. All I ever hear is generalities, running against the Republicans rather than for themselves.

How am I spose to know what some people might do in the future ?
It dosnt even look like that the Dems are going to get rid of the likes of Kerry.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   

As opposed to Kerry who lives in the state of confusion.

These people need to stick to the issues and leave the comedy to professional commediens.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Bush got higher grades in college than kerry did.

For Kerry to backpeddle and say that he was trying to slam Bush's grades and show the he was stupid and therefore that's why we got into Iraq .. well .. that's simply unbelievable.

Bush got a C+ average. Kerry got a C average.

So not only was Kerry's comment an insult to the troops ... his pathetic attempt to cover his tracks makes no sense at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think Kerry was talking about the troops and I think Kerry is just another tool of the NWO. The goal for them is to make sure one party wins, they just happened to put the lot on the Republicans

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join