It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Surprised? Chinese Backed N. Korea.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
www.washtimes.com...

Yep. Entire time I've been thinking: What kind of idiot would the president of N. Korea have to be to be taking these steps solo. I knew he had some backing, somewhere, and my somewhat obvious guess was China playing both sides.

And here's the congressional report that heavily supports such thoughts.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zebanar
www.washtimes.com...

Yep. Entire time I've been thinking: What kind of idiot would the president of N. Korea have to be to be taking these steps solo. I knew he had some backing, somewhere, and my somewhat obvious guess was China playing both sides.

And here's the congressional report that heavily supports such thoughts.

I've known from the begining China is not our friend, they'll stab up in the back in a heartbeat. They have thier own intrests and hidden agendas. If the US ever took military action against NK, you best belive, China would not be on our side. I don't trust China, I never did, and I never will. If China did'nt privitely support NK, NK would'nt be antaganizing the west.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
I've known from the begining China is not our friend, they'll stab up in the back in a heartbeat. They have thier own intrests and hidden agendas. If the US ever took military action against NK, you best belive, China would not be on our side. I don't trust China, I never did, and I never will. If China did'nt privitely support NK, NK would'nt be antaganizing the west.

I agree 110%, I would never ever ever trust a communist, atleast with a capitalist you know what his agenda is and you can trust in that. What a quagmire ol Clinton has gotten us in, and yes i blame
Clinton for opening China up to the world economy.(of course he wasn't alone but I'm to POed and need to blame someone) This was a mistake from the beginning because now they have the economic power and it might be too late to stem the tide. Well this just might be the beginning of the End for american Dominance, i know some will welcome that but it will lead to larger wars rather than smaller ones. Maybe we can put a little imperialist spirit back into Japan and let them deal with it.

[edit on 10/31/2006 by JackJuice]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Good to see that china hasn't abandoned it's friend NK, even though NK disobeyed them.

I have more respect for china than ever.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
dont hate china or n korea..hate on the men who helped make them who they are....ahem...your mistrust is misplaced

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have been telling you all about China for a while now. Watch em. Watch em closely.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Or_Die_Trying
dont hate china or n korea..hate on the men who helped make them who they are....ahem...your mistrust is misplaced

Are you talking about Mao or Bill Clinton?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So China was supporting North Korea in its development of Nukes? Supporting a "terrorist regime"?

Does this make China part of the "Axis of Evil"

Perhaps the U.S.A should endevour to "democratise" China?

Or is this policy only valid on countries that can't defend themselves?

Meanwhile, America's biggest trading partner will continue to stock the shelves of Wallmart. The Hypocracy.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
So China was supporting North Korea in its development of Nukes? Supporting a "terrorist regime"?

Does this make China part of the "Axis of Evil"

Perhaps the U.S.A should endevour to "democratise" China?

Or is this policy only valid on countries that can't defend themselves?

Meanwhile, America's biggest trading partner will continue to stock the shelves of Wallmart. The Hypocracy.

I agree we should put a full fledge embargo on china and start making our goods in south america. And if they wanna talk trash we can just sit 8 or 9 aircraft carriers off their coast and not say word.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't trust China nor will I ever. Yet we are at a stalemate with them.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac

So now there is a country that supports a "terrorist regime" on the UN's Security Council.

Russia also wanted to be lenient on these countries (NK and Iran) that were are looking for their right to develop "peaceful" nuclear technology. So what does that say about Russia now? Are they in cahoots with China?

Very disturbing.

[edit on 1/11/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me that China supports North Korea.

They helped them out in the Korean War in the 1950's. And supported a country that can't even feed itself, and lost millions to famine. Right on China!

South Korea would be like the rest of North Korea if the USA didn't step up when most of the world would have just watched.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The americans seems to have an old sentiment of the cold war... the bullcrap of communist VS capitalists... HAHHAHA. It's like democrats VS republicans like Patton said...

China works for his own interests, just as USA... Let China do what they want, they'll let you do want you want to do.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
China do what they want, they'll let you do want you want to do.

You think so,eh? Just like they let their own people do what they want to? Just like they have let Taiwan? You're living in a fantasy world.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This will eventually become the biggest World War to date.

China is no 3W country and has plenty of people to die for it. Not knowing where Russia stands does not help things either.

IMO, to piss China off ( as much as I would like too ) would only intensify the current affairs going on.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
stupid gov'ts, always fighting for power, "control the people". this is still about the dwindling oil of the nations. the ones with this oil , iran , iraq , syria , and saudi arabia are getting nations to be on thier side. they will start to line up like domminos. watch em fall one by one. iran to fall 1st, to strike in the gulf. he is a hitler reencarnate this man is calling on nations to stand behind him in the fight against the u.s.a. and their allies. he thinks he can bleed us, and give oil for nuke cappabilities. this madman will stop at nothing. i have been saying this for awhile on here. those nations , and the list is getting bigger. this oil thing has to be stopped, but i see no way out of it. it is going to happen. iran is just the 1st to fall. this power i speak of is the oil. if any country does not have it , their economy falls. no gas , no transportation of goods, no work , no food , no nothing, bingo-- REVOLUTION . i said it was going to get worse and it will. north korea to do more tests, usa more sanctions and talks, iran problems in the gulf. time magazine to give tips on happennings in the gulf. this is going to be a big one , unfortunetely in our life we will see it all happen very shortly. february is irans 1st move. this is what i see and predict. this hitler reencarnate, its like ww 2 all over again. only different nations involved. it is sickenning of these gov'ts, why caint we make a peaceful solution like alternative technology to transport our goods. these gov'ts rely on this oil thing too much.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Same could be said about US support for Israel... 33 UN resolutions ? Nukes ? Free arms and bombs ?

It's all about Interest.... don't claim higher moral ground.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobydog
Same could be said about US support for Israel... 33 UN resolutions ? Nukes ? Free arms and bombs ?

It's all about Interest.... don't claim higher moral ground.

I agree, every country out there is looking out for #1 and thats it. Which I really do not like whats going on in the world today,but its just the way it is. I do not like the situation in east Asia right now, but there are too many possiblities for how it can pan out in the end, we'll just have to wait and see I guess. Till then, everything is pure speculation.

[edit on 11/2/2006 by ludaChris]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
LittleBird, you are absolutely correct. What many are failing to see is that,yes, Iraq is about the oil, but it goes way deeper than that. History will be Bush's best judge, and I can tell you, with little to no doubt, that the reason he elected to go into Iraq is to get to the oil reserves before China.

Of course, no talking head for the president will ever admit this that is indeed the case.

As far as a way out of the current "oil crisis," there is only one way. Alternative fuel sources. Instead of spending billions of dollars on trying to figure out how to further drain the earth, we should be spending the money to find alternative fuel outlets.

new topics

top topics

join