It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Scientoligists in here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I've got a simple question:
What proof is there of how we came to be? The whole volcano and Xenu thing. Apart from the writings of Hubbard, what proof is there?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
On the same subject but different side note, how comparable are there technology to meditations like yoga and tai-chi for instance? Sorry off topic, I to would be interested in hear about the beginning of our existence according to Scientology.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I've always wanted to talk to a scientologist for just the same reasons...

They intrigue me yet annoy me at the same time.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think that scientologists would note that the proof is in the pudding, that the methods that hubbard came up with, dianetics and what came to be scientolgoy tech, in opposition to freudian analysis and psychiatry, demonstrate that hubbard's revelations were infact accurate.

Of course, since scientology doesn't actually work, the whole thing tends to fall apart, but they beleive that it works, so its good enough for them.

FWIW, thats better than any other religion. Most religions say 'have faith', scientology says 'we have a scientific-like explanation for the way things work, involving body thetans, engrams, etc, that are all a consequence of our 'theory', the 'theory' is the beleif system promulgated by Hubbard'.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Interesting. I've got an open mind and I don't understand the whole Scientology-hating trend, as it seems to make as much sense as any other major religion anyway.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
scientology says 'we have a scientific-like explanation for the way things work, involving body thetans, engrams, etc, that are all a consequence of our 'theory', the 'theory' is the beleif system promulgated by Hubbard'.

Personally I don't think there's anything scientific or even scientific-like about what scientologists believe. IMHO the closest it comes to science is science fiction. The theory about a Thetan is just as "scientific" as the other religious believes of a soul.

Hubbard described Dianetics as "an organized science of thought built on definite axioms: statements of natural laws on the order of those of the physical sciences". Unlike conventional medical or mental therapies, Hubbard said, Dianetics would work every time if applied properly and "will invariably cure all psychosomatic ills and human aberrations."

Source

Yet, they call psychology, which is an actual science fraudulent?

@Nventual
I think the "hate" against scientologists comes into play when you start talking about how much it costs to be a member of the Church of Scientology, and when you compare Scientology to the definitions of a sect. You could also look at how many lives Scientology destroyed and how they protect themselves by a wall of lawyers.

top topics

join