It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2 Satanists ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It is just strange that some many artist state that they think they become possesed when getting on stage or writing songs.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
lmfao @ U2/Satanism & Bono/Anti-Christ... what a load of crap i say! i hate that band and always will... what a bunch of corporately-sponsored pu$$ies... if Bono is the AC, i guess i don't want to go to that big party in Hell after all...

i think Kerry King would get my vote before anyone else... \m/

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Some of U2s songs are very Christian ( 40, Vertigo, Gloria, I Will Follow, Yahweh) (just some examples)
and some seem to be religous but twist the religous sayng around or so it might seem. I want to believe that they are christian. I heard that after all these years of just Edge Bono and Larry being christian and Adam fighting them with the direction and song selection of the band that Adam has finally become a born again christian and is into it more than the other three. I really hope that they are true to thier word about thier faith as I spoke on there music lyrics and there faith at a youth concils meeting a few years ago.

The link on the first post seems to be out to get every band that has made it.

Some people like to make christians who are popular in the sectular world out to be phoney or fake. Just because U2 is the number 1 band in the world (my opinion) and christian does not mean that satan got them there. God has a lot more power to get his own to the top and use them in his way.
All I know is that U2 have lead alot of people to Christ. I have seen it!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
In one of the Rense articles posted above, I love the way the writer sounds like he's being all logical and strikes the tone of "I know this sounds crazy, and I'm as logical as you are, but the evidence indicates..." but before he can reel you in, his brain pops a gasket and he says this:

I hate to use these beautiful words in the context of "Beatlemania"; it reminds me of how wrongly the word "lover" is used when referring to the filthy interaction between two homosexuals writhing in pigswill.

Pop Rock Music and Mind Control

Oh my, that is some funny stuff! I'm confused though. Do you get a complimentary batch of pigswill in which to writhe the moment you "turn" or "get turned" gay (like a house warming gift) or is it part of an initiation where you're not allowed to writhe until you've found your own pigswill?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I KNOW that there was a cardinal who said he thought that Bono was the anti-christ. He said something about PJPII trying on Bono's sunglasses and that he thought it was creepy that he had on the sunglasses of a potential anti-christ.

I KNOW there was a thread about it here too.

I'll just have to do some back searching ... Wish I could remember the cardinal's name. I THINK it's Cardinal Giacomo Biffi, Archbishop of Bologna.

[edit on 11/10/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i looked a little for this Cardinal + U2 connection but i could not find anything yet.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
www.u2world.com...

Okay, here's a little blog with PART of the Cardinal's quote and the Bono connection. I'll keep looking for more. I know the Cardinal said something about Bono and his sunglasses and PJPII.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Thanks

An interesting and fun read

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
HA HA...this clip is the best/worst nonsense propaganda I've seen. This should be a Saturday Night Live skit!

Helter Skelter...Bono says Manson stole the song from the Beatles "we're stealing it back". Get yer facts right.

The Beatles, Elvis, and Stones were rebels...U2 covers some of their songs. I like that this clip thinks that equates to Satanism. Rock and Roll is about rebellion, Jesus was about rebellion.

The Bible talks about the devil...does that make the Bible Satanic? U2 sings about man's struggle with our dark side. This is called theater not reality. Dressing up as a ghost for Halloween or Mephisto for a concert doesn't mean you believe you are a ghost or practice Spiritulism.

Selective grabbing of lyrics without explaining the whole song is like taking the word "evil" from the Bible and saying the Bible is "evil". Lyrics don't have a thousand pages to explain themselves, they are symbolic...if you read the symbols the wrong way you can put god or devil behind any of them.

Bono=gets rid of Africa's debt and is nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize
U2=goes to any church while on tour.
U2=pushed and sung for peace in Northern Ireland so Catholics and Protestants stop killing each other.
U2=sings about ending apartheid in South Africa and Martin Luther King
U2=sings aobut the horrors of the Bosnia-Serbian War

If U2 is guilty of anything, it's of boring us with always having a "cause". How about saying the "f-word" and just rocking out?

This clip reminds me of the nutty people that protest at burials for soldiers.

Oh yeah, U2 is not as good in my opinon as they used to be. Bono is losing his range with age. So that should make the "thumper" happy that was narrating this nonsense.

Well now, I've just wasted 15 minutes of my life typing this crap out. Too bad some people live their whole lives like this. But it is the funniest thing I've seen this month...thanks!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Actually Atomic, all the examples you posted go towards confirming the notion that Bono could be the anti-Christ.

The anti-christ isn't going to come out with all guns blazing. It will have a false apearance of a do-gooder and a peacemaker at first. It will catch everyone under it's spell and make everyone believe that it's good and not evil.

NO. I do not believe Bono (not his real name) is the anti-christ. I'm just telling you that all your 'good' examples about Bono just falls in line with what the anti-christ is supposed to be.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLUMBER1
I heard that after all these years of just Edge Bono....

Bono's REAL name is Paul Hewson. Bono is just a stage name. For those who think the name of the anti-christ equals 666 or 616 .. you'll have to use the name Paul Hewson and you'll have to find his middle name. I don't know it.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What a load of #e.

In less enlightened time the people that came up with this crap would have advocating burning at the stakes.

I am more worried about people who believe in unproveable entities, and have attached a set of rules to those entities in order to justify their own misgivings and will - apparently - go to any lengths to try and forward their own agenda. They are the real danger to society, not musicians.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

NO. I do not believe Bono (not his real name) is the anti-christ. I'm just telling you that all your 'good' examples about Bono just falls in line with what the anti-christ is supposed to be.

I know that's the problem with religion. Everytime someone thinks differently and does some good, some faction in religion will try to cut that person down. "How can someone that doesn't follow OUR RULES be a man of god? He is a deceiver!" No Bono is not Jesus. I'm sure he says and does the wrong things and sometimes even forgets to wash his hands after going to the bathroom. To some Jews, Jesus was doing something similar that could be considered anti-christ like. So it's not just Christians that have a problem with someone rocking the boat (or Muslims).

I also started taking a look at the Evangelical site that is promoting this. Sounds like more Literalist interpretations of the Bible, which always ends up going in a bad direction for people. It just astounds me that these people follow the Bible so much yet don't see the irony that Jesus rebelled against the literalism of Judaism. And let's not even get started on Evangelicals: Jim Bakker, Swaggert, Ted Haggard, and on...

There's so many anti-christs out there that I need a program! Oprah, Madonna, Bono, Gorbachev, Reagan, Bush, Clinton (Mr. and Mrs.), Osama Bin Laden, Kim Jong II, Mick Jagger, Tupac...

I haven't heard of any Hawaiians being mentioned yet as anti-christs, so maybe that's the place to be? Aloha.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Just because U2 has lyrics that question the status of Jesus Christ as the Son and Saviour does not make them Satanists. Unless, of course, you're one of those people who believe that if you're not following Christ you're following Satan, which would make about two-thirds of the world's population Satanists.

Not to mention the misconception of what a "true" Satanist is. Most Satanists do not believe in an actual being named Lucipher, they just use him as a metaphor to describe their beliefs, or lack thereof. They don't worship Satan, they have him as an icon, a mascott even, because he represents the LACK of worship. Bono may or may not be a Satanist, but even if he is I don't think there was any kind of transaction between him and some other-wordly embodiment of evil.

I'll have to research his lyrics some more, but I'm under the impression that all his references to anything remotely religious can all be put together into one category, which can share a title with one of the songs: "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Lookinf For". I think Those lyrics are not about loving Satan or hating Jesus, but about questioning his faith, which is not a sin to my knowledge. Bono is singing about what everyone and their mother is doing all the time: searching for answers.

[edit on 14/11/06 by an3rkist]

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
video.google.com...

I think this fits in this topic aldo it is a bit off

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

www.jeteye.com...

Bono

Nicknames and Aliases:

The Antichrist * (see below), Alton Dalton, The Mother Teresa of Abandoned Songs, The Sonic Leprechaun, The Fly, Mirrorball Man, Mister MacPhisto
Described by (hi father) as "a bloody exasperating child", Paul got a reputation at an early age for being both absent-minded yet argumentative...traits which earned him the unholy and ironic nickname "the Antichrist" from both family and friends.

Still strange that he got this nickname given to him by people close o him

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
JAAMAAN COME ON MAN,CHECK BLACK METAL WHAT STUPID POST IS THIS?

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
To be fair to Bono he does appear to be trying to make an effort in Africa. However you would have to wonder if he is just stupid or does he know that Bush and company are simply lying to him. After he met Bush to complain about USA not fulfilling what they promised in Africa, Bush said he was angry USA hadn't done what they promised, and Bono was hailing this as some sorty of victory, that Bush blatantly lied to him that he was angry about it, whilst still doing nothing. Surely Bono can't be that stupid, he must know they are lying to him. But I do have to wonder, Bono even said that the odius Blair and Brown were the Lennon/McCartney of politics, how #ed up is that, try telling that to those suffering in Iraq.
And I must assume Bono knows that the money raised is mostly NOT going to where it is intended. Any place that is supposed to spend that money on projects etc, are simply stealing that money, contracts being quoted for many times the value of what they are supposed to, Mostly that money going to Africa is simply making the few rich elite who control those areas richer.
Bono is also a hypocrite telling the tax-payers of the world how their taxes need to be spent, yet he is a tax-dodger himself, "Do as I say, not as I do!!!".
Well, he does seem to have his heart in the right place, and his wife is also involved in good charity work in areas affected by the Chernobyl disaster, but I would have to wonder if Bono is really that gullible, he must be aware the politicains are simply pulling the wool over his eyes. But all credit to him and geldof for Live8 last year, it certainly raised awareness for very serious issues at the very least, and he didn't have to bother.
but at the same time he is VERY money orineted and a tax-dodger himself. Doesn't seem right that a tax-dodger should be insisting to other countries how to use their taxes.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Sir Bono

Well, Bono (not his real name) is now SIR Bono. Does that mean that if he's the anti-christ we have to call the anti-christ SIR anti-christ??

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
right on the spot golddragnet

And for all people who think im crazy, i dont even believe in god and not in satan to.
I just thought it would be interesting to see what these bible people talk about, to see if what they are saying makes any kind of sense or just to learn other things.

here is an other article about bono

Meanwhile, Bono shifts his assets to offshore tax havens to avoid paying the very taxes that he campaigns for - this is he height of hypocrisy and exposes the beast that the U2 singer fronts for.

prisonplanet.com...

Here is fitting picture

k-punk.abstractdynamics.org...

(edit:added picture)

[edit on 25-12-2006 by jaamaan]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join