It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons could be 'microchipped' in a decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The ever invasive British government isn't satisfied with CCTV anymore. Soon Brit's may be facing 'tags' under the skin. The chips are already in use in new UK passports and the London Transportation System.

www.dailymail.co.uk
They could be used by companies who want to keep tabs on an employee's movements or by Governments who want a foolproof way of identifying their citizens - and storing information about them.

The prospect of 'chip-citizens' - with its terrifying echoes of George Orwell's 'Big Brother' police state in the book 1984 - was raised in an official report for Britain's Information Commissioner Richard Thomas into the spread of surveillance technology.

The report, drawn up by a team of respected academics, claims that Britain is a world-leader in the use of surveillance technology and its citizens the most spied-upon in the free world.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, no need to say, 'What's next?'. This is it, the ultimate surveillance apparatus. It will very easily facilitate the control of a One World Government. All privacy will be removed by the State. It will probably come under the guise of an anti terrorism or medical safety issue. But the result will be the same!

[edit on 31-10-2006 by UM_Gazz]

apc

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Don't worry. We'll all undoubtedly be in flying cars by then. Able to wisk ourselves away from the prying eyes of "The Man".

I can't speak to the UK atmosphere, but in the US I don't think you will ever see a mandatory implantation outside of the corporate environment. Cameras everywhere with active facial recognition... sure. I don't see any problem with that. But requiring citizens place something inside their bodies? The Feds get enough headaches trying to take stuff out.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
HA! Not likely. This is, after all, the Daily Mail. They go mental if someone is caught with a spliff, if more than 5 immigrants turn up at Dover in a any given year or cry there is a crime wave if a posh house in Surrey is burgled.

Pay no notice. There is no way this would ever be allowed to happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I wouldn't be so sure of that. With what's going on at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if they made this in as little as a few years.

Still, they try and I'll fight it. I'll fight with every breath in my body. Freedom is a right, it shouldn't have to be a privalige.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well they can try to get me, but they will fail. In a lighter note, I can't find this on the BBC pages so I am not going to think much more of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
How would anyone really know? Who knows someone who yearly get their B12 shot, or Flu shot, or merely trust their doctor unquestioningly? How hard would it be for them to give you something in place of something? Would the average person even be aware of it? IMO not a chance.

Unfortunately I see it being a two step process though. First they will get as many as they can through covert ways, then they will institute the RFID tags that are coming out. Those that are unwilling to accept the RFID tags will then be culled from the heard to be assessed - or, rather call it an ID renewal process, in which the people will be scanned to see if they have the implanted devices. Those that do, will programed. Those that do not will be sent to get them, for national security ofcourse.

After they are sure a fairly large amount of people have been 'chiped, they will introduce the RFID tags in a massive push. This initial stages of the push those with the RFID cards will be shown as being "free". No checkouts, no doctors bills, no parking hassles. No keys for doors. Just swipe and pass - absolute life in the 26th century bliss.

However, after a few high profile identity thefts, and a couple of crime spree's that can be shown to be a result of people losing their RFID cards - along with a mass history on how these feeble plastic cards we carry have been the bane of our existence, the push will be for us to "implant" the RFID signals right into our bodies. No chance of theivery now! Now you are safe....

Step one - Mark your prey.
Step two - track your prey.
Step Three - Capture your prey.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
waiting2awake may have a point there,I personaly think it would be very easy to chip a person medically especially with nano-technology,think about it!very easy to do and nobody the wiser.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Can't speak for the UK but I would not stand for any hypothetical mandatory chip implants here in the US. In the corporate world and government sector, I understand but not for the general public. Anyway, if this is bull on the part of the newspaper all the better.

Also, the ideas above are flawed, X-Ray, taken one lately?. Enough Said.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The reports editors Dr David Murakami Wood, managing editor of the journal Surveillance and Society and Dr Kirstie Ball, an Open University lecturer in Organisation Studies, claim that by 2016 our almost every movement, purchase and communication could be monitored by a complex network of interlinking surveillance technologies.

Apparently, the paper is quoting these and a 'panel of experts' on this. But I really think most of this is common knowledge. They're already doing it in animals, and some people for that matter. This is just the next logical progression.

I would agree with waiting to awake on most of those points.

new topics

top topics

join