It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest Video Game Moments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
Another one is when I ascended some stairs, only to be told it was likely that I was going to be eaten by a grue. That and finding a jewel encrusted egg in a birds nest.

Bonus points if anyone can name the game!

I believe that tree was two clicks west of the boarded up white house, yes?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
For me, the single best moment in video game history is in the original Half-Life, when you're in the room with the scientists, and then the marines show up. The scientists are stoked, saying "we're saved!" and then BOOM, the marines just start slaughtering scientists. I was so shocked and amazed. My jaw hit the floor and I sat there stunned. It was completly unexpected AND it provided an amazing twist to the story.

Another amazing moment came from RE4 the first time you get your head cut off with the chain saw.

I dont know why Im not remembering any older games; Ive played games for 10 years now, and the only ones that are coming to mind are from the last 6 years or so.

Maybe its because I never liked Final Fantasy.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have no idea what games 99% of you are talking about.

You want a great video game moment? I'm gonna go old school on this one. The original Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo. Barry Sanders sweep to the right. He was freakin' unstoppable. He could put up a hundred points by himself easy.

Peace

[edit on 7-11-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essedarius

I believe that tree was two clicks west of the boarded up white house, yes?

You know it! I always got lost in those woods.

It was great to finally emerge back near the white house and get eaten by the grue again.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Final Fantasy VII - The Death of Aeris

I was just about to say that. What other game has ever killed off one of the main characters halfway through the game? I will admit that it was annoying though after taking the time to level her only to lose her.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
beating those weapon things on ff7. that took so much effort it isnt funny lol

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I was playing Doom Deathmatch against a friend of mine. He killed me, but instead of bringing myself back to life like we normally did, I remained dead and pretended to be alive by tapping my keyboard. He was running around everywhere on the map looking for me while I pretended to "hide" from him. It took about 45 minutes before he realized that he would never find me, because I was dead
That was fun!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There are som many!!!
But here's one,
Manhunt, when you get your hands on a baseball bat.
You can put the guy in a choke hold till he passes out, put him on his knees (this is best next to a wall) and smack him round the head (which explodes) and see his brains SPLAT across the wall.
Or even when you first stick the straight end of a crowbar into someones skull!!!

Man I loved that game and Piggsy was freaky...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If anyone is interested, you can download Zork 1,2,and3 for free here.

www.infocom-if.org...

I'm just about to start playing it.
These writing games are funny

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm seeing that this thread is lacking great moments in gaming Sports. So I will add one of mine:

A friend of mine has the fastest thumbs in the world.
For years he has been untouchable in the 100m dash on all Olympics games.

Two years ago, we lined up for that event...

I beat him out of the blocks.

At 50m we were neck and neck.

I clipped him at the finish line by .1 of a second.

I literally jumped off the couch and did a victory lap in the back yard.

I don't want to overstate the importance of that victory...but I do believe that it was the greatest upset in the history of sports.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I must say I loved all the poilce quest, space quest and kings quest games, some of the first pc games I ever played, (true classics) but when I was playing leisure suit larry and you have to put on your, ribbed, lubed, multicoloured profilactic (those who played know what I mean) and get in bed with the hooker only to have a censored box come over them, I couldn't stop laughing for ages. I love larry games.

I'm only 21 but the gamers yonger than me who dont know about the Quest games i mentioned above, you need to try to find them for a real gaming experiance.
Indiana Jones and the last crusade was absolutly awesome on the PC

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Where to begin?

My all time favourite gaming moment is the ending of Final Fantasy X. It was so sad I actually wanted to cry (I shed a tear or 9!)

My second is a draw between Sins attack on Kilika Island and then Yuna Sending the spirits of the dead to the Farplane.

My third (there are soooo many but 3 will do) is also the death of Aeris. I actually dropped the pad when it happened.

Most of my gaming moments are from FF, but I have others that aren't too.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My favorite gaming moment occurred back in the day when I was playing Tempest in a 7-11 for a few hours on one quarter and utterly destroyed all the advanced mazes. I had to stop playing because I couldn't stand much longer so when I ended the game the screen filled with a multi-colored fireworks display and I put my initials in securing my place in the number one spot until that particular 7-11 years later remodeled and they unplugged it. I just bought a cherry slurpee and walked home like I was Julius Caesar.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Aside from any of the Final Fantasy games, my favorite video game moment in recent memory was the first time I played Katamari Damacy. PLEASE tell me someone else here has that game? It's completely silly, ridiculously addictive, and unbelievably satisfying, moreso than any game I've played. Anyone?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatpiino
Aside from any of the Final Fantasy games, my favorite video game moment in recent memory was the first time I played Katamari Damacy. PLEASE tell me someone else here has that game?

I've never played it, but I've heard nothing but INSANE love when it's discussed.

Originally posted by greatpiino
I just bought a cherry slurpee and walked home like I was Julius Caesar.

God.
Bless.
Video.
Games.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Without a doubt Metal Gear "Solid" ??? (PS1) the montage following Snake taking out the female Sniper.....(it's been forever) the music and the dialogue were comparable to that of an A-list Hollywood production....I remember that I was feeling guilty afterward, she was kinda cute too in a wierd way.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
In GRAW when you see the guy who has been giving you info in the blackhawk guy and he is like "Um well sir I don't have any assgnments for you" and the he gets shot in the head!!! I was like WTF!

Also in some other games um let me think. On 343 guilty spark in Halo. Pretty scary. What else...

Probably some weird ones. Some of the things in red-alert two were pretty cool. Cause they were real people. When I got it free I expected crap but there was actually real people.

Oh here's one!! Starcraft: When you find out Zerg were made by Humans.

In the Illuminati video game when I found out your mom was my MOM!...no lol!! JK.

In 1965 a man was murdered by a serial killer with no ear cartillage. The man who was murdered was found in his bed with his ears cut off and a knife pounded into his skull. When the police found him they gave him the death sentence. His ghost will visit you at exactly 3:13 in the morning whether you are awake or asleep and commit the same murder unless you post this in 2 articles or more. The more you post this, the less of your ear he will take to replace his own.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I am a FPS (first person shooter) on PC freak, and have just about played em all. And at hardest level difficulty too, which can really change things.

Way back:
Wolfenstein 3D- Omg yes to that poster earlier that scene with the secret room! In fact that game has so many secret rooms it was sick. Got sick of looking for them, and one in particular that kept opening up wall after wall. It finally ended up way the hell in there and there was some wierd ass sign.

Doom 2 in Nightmare mode- The ending. Discovering that it took three rockets through the hole in the wall to finish it, with everything respawing in after you killed it! Insane how many monsters were in that last scene. To finally finish it was to say the least- very hard.

Hexen- The Seven Portals- The last scene where you get wings and can fly for the first time in any FPS! Wicked! I got to play that scene through a video projector setup and a 12 foot picture. Insane!

Requiem- A little known but awesome FPS with insane graphics for the day. So many great moments.

Need For Speed- The entire series. I remember one race that took me forever to win in the rain against a real tough bot car set to max, of course.

Unreal Tournament- Oh lord. I was a clanner, battling in online gaming leagues. I better stop right there lest someone recognize me.
But great great matches and pugs. Online gaming changes everything when you're up against other real players.

More recent:
Far Cry- If you were lucky enough to have a slammin machine, the graphics in that game are nearly legendary. Never forget emerging from the first hole into tropical paradise. Water so real it almost felt like you were in it. The scene where Val takes you in the Jeep and you gotta kill all that stuff while she's driving. Try it at hardest level difficulty sometime! All the fans of that game are waiting for Ubisoft's new one due out any time: Crysis! *drool, can't wait!*

So many more, too much here to post. But great great thread!

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Far Cry- If you were lucky enough to have a slammin machine, the graphics in that game are nearly legendary. Never forget emerging from the first hole into tropical paradise.

That moment is in my top five no doubt.

The way the wheat grass is gently swaying in the wind...the water...the guy fishing down on the dock...and then a helicopter doing a fly-by...

It was AWE. Pure AWE.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
schooling noobs on tekken 3 @ the arcade with Jin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join