It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda website

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I didn't know where to post this.

Do you think that al-qaeda has their own website? I specuate that they claim to be someone else and spread a lot of disinformation on their site.

If you think that you've found a terrorist site could you provide a link? I just want to get laugh at their obvious
propaganda. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would think that they communicate through websites. There were a few cases claimed by our government. I am curious as well. I will look to see if I can find something. I doubt that will be possible. They probably do a good job at keeping stuff secret.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
try www.al-qaeda.com...

no propaganda, but I like the welcome screen

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooking
I didn't know where to post this.

Do you think that al-qaeda has their own website? I specuate that they claim to be someone else and spread a lot of disinformation on their site.

If you think that you've found a terrorist site could you provide a link? I just want to get laugh at their obvious
propaganda. Thanks.

Ok this is an Al-Qaeda--Liberal website.

Bush haters

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that they would use the internet to communicate. The US is one of the foremost countries in regards to crypto and general electronic spying, and for anyone to think they could beat the systems out there listening they would have to be crazy.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
I seriously doubt that they would use the internet to communicate. The US is one of the foremost countries in regards to crypto and general electronic spying, and for anyone to think they could beat the systems out there listening they would have to be crazy.

You're absolutely right when it comes to the surveillance etc that the US has, but these days when a message, for example, can be coded into a photograph it's gonna be a hell of a lot harder to watch everything. That mixed with so many web based e-mail services where you can access info from anywhere on earth would make this seem, IMHO an almost impossible task, unless the terrorists got sloppy

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by funlovincriminal

You're absolutely right when it comes to the surveillance etc that the US has, but these days when a message, for example, can be coded into a photograph it's gonna be a hell of a lot harder to watch everything. That mixed with so many web based e-mail services where you can access info from anywhere on earth would make this seem, IMHO an almost impossible task, unless the terrorists got sloppy

Actually Steganography is fairly easy to see, as it causes a sort of fuzz or distortion in pictures if large chunks of information are embedded. As for free services such as hotmail and others, I would say its a fairly safe bet that they have carnivore boxes attached and monitoring all traffic. Even with all that I'm pretty sure as you said that things slip through.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
spot on about the distortion if large chunks of info are used. I'm no terrorist, but i'd only use it for those ends very sparingly using as little data as possible, hence I said unless the terrorists got sloppy.
About the carnivore boxes - think we should ask Hugh Jackman for some ideas - wasn't it him in Swordfish who helped to mess that up?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
funlovincriminal > i dont think they mentioned carnivore in Swordfish but I could be wrong. Actually I have a few concepts of how to really put the screws to any monitoring systems like carnivore, but thats best kept either secret or just till I can come up with a thread for it on its own

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'll look forward to your thread - that should be a very interesting one. I'm on another BBS which talks about stuff like that frequently.

As far as I recall, one of the agents (FBI, NSA or whatever) referred to Jugh Jackman delaying the carnivore project for a couple of years as a result of his hacking exploits.
Anyhoo, U2U me when you start that thread.
cya l8er

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

try www.al-qaeda.com...

Is this some kind of Joke site? cos it sure looks like it
i doubt Al-queda has a website.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Everyone knows Al-Qaeda communicates through encrypted carrier pigeons.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

try www.al-qaeda.com...

Is this some kind of Joke site? cos it sure looks like it
i doubt Al-queda has a website.

Its no joke, a article ran on Slashdot a while back about it actually. Seems some average american geek was surfing around and came across the site when it had some kind of content. Upon further checking he found out the domain would go up for grabs in the near future, so he kept watching and when the domain was up, he snagged it and did that too it. There was more to the story, but that is the gist of it if I remember correctly.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What do you guys think of this find.

www.jihadunspun.net...

I don't think its operated by terrorists but im getting an anti-american vibe from it.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by gooking]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
what do u think of this one

www.guerrillanews.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm confused ... this is in the 'recent post' page but it shows that the posts were made 11/11/2003. Is ATS having a problem with the dates?

I was watching something yesterday on the history channel I think that was talking about AQ using websites to recruit people and chat rooms to plan things.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Nope, some anonymous poster bumped the thread back up to be clever.
It happens all the time.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They use the internet quite heavily to communicate and spread
propaganda.

But they arent going to use

binladen.com
alqaeda.com
XCIAASSET.com

or something obvious like that.

Arabic forums on lesser known sites, maybe direct chatting utilities..
something like that.

I doubt there's a web develouper in a cave with the latest version of Dreamweaver creating wicked java/html visuals trying to coax the next drugged up arab into joining their elite brotheren.

..although, the whitehouse / CIA / USMIL seems to have a good setup!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join