It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Problem When Burning CD's.

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The odd time when I am burning a CD it'll only burn about half the songs then it'll stop and say there was a problem. It doesn't say what the problem it. It just say there was a problem while burning. Then I'll end up with a CD with only half the songs I wanted on it. This has happen about, I don't know, maybe around 7 times. Anyone know it could be doing this? It there anyway to fix it?






-tts




posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There are several possible issues here.
1) You may have very low quality media (disks)
2Your burner may be getting old and not so good
3)***************are you burning at the max spped of your drive???
Try burning a a slightly lower speed (ex, if you have a 52X cd burner, try burning at 40X...
Also try some different media-borrow a friends disk and see if it makes any difference.

Hope this helps, if not, please post you answers to these questions and we will go on looking for the cure.




posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
There are several possible issues here.
1) You may have very low quality media (disks)
2Your burner may be getting old and not so good
3)***************are you burning at the max spped of your drive???
Try burning a a slightly lower speed (ex, if you have a 52X cd burner, try burning at 40X...

Not sure how good the quality of the disks are, I'd say there about average. And the burner is not that old (about 6 months). The only thing I'm burning is music.

I have a 52x burner and that what I've been burning at. I'll try burning at a lower seed. I may try burning a CD later on today and see how it goes.

Thanks for the tips.





-tts



posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Tell us what model/brand of burner and disc you have. Have you updated the software in the burner (firmware)?



posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It also could be a problems with one of songs/mp3 files you are trying to burn...I have had that problems before. Check which file was burning when the error message popped up, and take that song off the CD and reburn..see if that works...

if you are burning straight from cd to cd then I dunno.



posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bracke
Tell us what model/brand of burner and disc you have. Have you updated the software in the burner (firmware)?

CD Brand = Maxell
Burner = Not sure. Doesn't say on the burner. Came with the computer.
Computer brand is "Xplio" though. It'd be by the same brand right? I'd assume so.

And the software has been updated.


Originally posted by pstiffy
It also could be a problems with one of songs/mp3 files you are trying to burn...I have had that problems before. Check which file was burning when the error message popped up, and take that song off the CD and reburn..see if that works...
if you are burning straight from cd to cd then I dunno.

I only burn song that are on the computer. I'll try removing the song from the list & see how it goes. Wont be able to do it 'till tomorrow though.




-tts



posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You could try checking and defragmenting the file system.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join