It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds most frightening a crock!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I was waiting for my football game to come on yesterday and while roaming the channels I decided to watch "the worlds most frightening places" a series on TLC or discovery (don't remember which).

The one I watched was about this lake resort in Colorado I believe (again, not quite sure on location). As I watched these "paranormal experts" walk around with volunteers I happen to notice a couple of things that really blew the whole thing open. I only saw the last 2 segments but found it to be quite ridiculous!

First I watched 3 people walk down a path to the resort incinerator. When they got there the male "channel" started into this big emotional deal and exclaimed that "something had happened here!". The only problem was that less than 5 feet away a woman whispered the entire story to another woman and as she told it, the "channel psychic" acted it out like he was getting all this from the energy around him. Could it be that he could hear this other woman telling the story? I know it was quite a distance at 5 feet away! Right!!! If he couldn't hear every word she said I'll eat my hat!

Next they walk out to the edge of the lake and suddenly this guy is entered by a spirit. He starts jerking around and falls to the ground. The spirit starts to speak thru this amazing channel! Funny thing is, in order to speak the "spirit" had to purse the channels lips and lower his voice in order to intensify the effect. I'm wondering why the pursed lips? I believe one of the things said was "why are you here!" Tell me, does anyone reading this have to purse their lips to say that? OK, wait! If you don't have a deep voice and you want to sound menacing and scary, maybe you would have to do that.

I say fake!!!! I wasn't even paying that close of attention to the show and I saw fakery plainly being perpetrated! I imagine if I would have watched the whole thing I would have picked up more deception in this crock of crap show.

JMO

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I agree with you. It IS a really stupid show. An embarassment for serious paranormal investigators everywhere.

I don't watch it anymore since watching a couple of episodes that just seemed sort've cheesy and fake like the one you mention.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
What you saw may have been fake but I see no reason to believe all such activity is fake though.

I wonder how many pro sporting matches are faked though? Look at all the money at stake and tell me that games are not fixed.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
No, I don't think all activity fake. It's just that with a show "looking" so fake, it makes alot of people think that the paranormal is just bunch of hooey.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I've watched that show on a few occasions. Altho interested in the paranormal, I get a good laugh out of that "medium" in question. The most they ever show are "orbs" that are painfullly easy to explain away. Altho there are two "mediums" on that show that one seems to love the spotlight and overacts at least once an episode to get it. lol

His "posesstions" are rather amusing and altho not quite emmy material do disearve a comedy award of some sort.

new topics

top topics

join