It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always in control of dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ever since I was a little kid, I could always tell that I was dreaming. I always had the ability to control my dreams...and I think that it's annoying.

I have some pretty amazing dreams.... I want to believe that they are some type of "message" from "god" or something along those lines.... but then again I have to wonder if I am just making them up.

I just want to let myself go when I dream... have no control over it... no influence... how can I acheive this?

It's funny... i'll be dreaming of something "enlightening" and the whole time inside my dream I'm thinking to myself "DON'T think of anything, just let it go, let's see what happens, don't change it, don't wake up...."

Even if it's not pleasant and it's a nightmare of some sort...

I want to see what happens without my influence.

Every time I dream, I know it's "just a dream".

It's not like I can control what I dream about, however. It's not like I can go to sleep and say... hey I want to be a millionare tonight. The situation is always random... but where ever my dream takes me I know it's just a dream. Once I realize it's just a dream I'm not afraid of any consequences.

I could be dreaming about driving on the highway.... realize I'm dreaming and be like "cool, I'm dreaming... let me drive really fast over this bridge so I can see what this feels like" (never really dreamt anything like that, just giving an example)

Is this rare? Or, is it common?

I've only maybe a handful of dreams where I woke up confused about weither it had really happened or not, or woke up scared, or woke up pleased, etc. Not realizing it was a dream until I woke up.

Anybody else here experience this?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The situation is always random you said. Whether consciously or subconsciously you are controling your dreams (just like anyone else). It's all coming from you, and if/when it isn't, I think you (having this ability) should know better than most whether or not it is coming from God (or something outside of yourself) better than anyone.

I have had maybe 2 or 3 dreams where I believe there were people/elements of the dream that did not come from my own thoughts. I guess you sense these types of things to. In all my recollection, these things cannot be altered by my mind, they aren't from my mind (or are so deep I could never affect them on purpose), in fact they seem to lead me around and keep a few steps ahead of me. If you can change something or mess it up, then maybe it is coming from you? I don't know if that helps, but I mean for it to.

I know what you mean when you say you just wish it wouldn't always be in your control. I know after a while of having a few lucid dreams a week, my mind seems to stop trying wanting a break. I care less about what I dreamed in the morning, and all that.

In my limited experience I have one thing you can try. Try to imagine everything going black, kind of like a clean slate (but it will be blackness or dark grey all around you). When you complete this it is really quiet and peaceful, will probably last a few seconds because your mind has nothing to hold its attention. See what happens and mess with this. Your attention may return to your body. Maybe you would be better off waking up and going right back to sleep. Maybe you can sleep right through it. Maybe it will help your mind stop automatically trying to control the dreams so much.

I don't know, good luck with this. If you can learn to control this aspect of your dreams, then wow, you could sleep/dream however you wanted at night. Dreaming or not, aware of it or not, in control or not, that would be nice hmm.

LoL, last night I dreamed that some friends and I were in a car. They were trying to get me to drive crazy, acting like I was scared and they would do something dumb to try to make me wreck. It was great because I realized I was dreaming, and I started to make the car fly with us in it! LoL they were like "Woah, Woah." But then I woke up seconds later. Dreams are fun man, enjoy them!

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I am often not in control of my dreams but apparently I often remember having a lot of power in my lucid dreams when I don't think I'm dreaming lucid. For instance I remember dreaming about appearing somewhere in this galaxy I believe to watch a war between two species fighting it out in a grand space battle after many skirmishes in different star systems. I dreamed of myself as simply being a quiet observer even though I was floating in space in the middle of their battle area.

Anyway one species got me ticked off. Maybe they shot at me I don't remember. I destroyed their space fleets with a mere thought. The other side became extremely happy. I'm not sure why but then I didn't stop there. I went back in time to when their lifeform was just barely getting started. I snuffed them out of existence. Then I sped forward in time and watched how interstellar warfare never broke out because there was only one dominant species. When I got to the present, no one remembered anything.

It seems like I should have realized I was dreaming since it should not seem normal to wipe out whole space fleets with a mere thought. However it seemed like things were just happening.

Now for the weird dreams. It always seem weird when it seems like other people or others are communicating with you while you're sleeping. In a state between not quite fully awake and not completely asleep, you seem to remember this weird state.
I just remember waking up this morning to the sound of someone else's laughter instead of my alarm clock. That seemed weird.

I actually do remember thinking, ok tonight I want to be a ghost and float into people's homes. Then I proceeded to somehow appear in someone's dark home. I could see faintly and walked into a bedroom. In my dream apparently a woman woke up and saw me and screamed as loud as she could. Blood curtling sort of scream. Woke me up.

I don't have too many lucid dreams and I don't usually have full control but I seem to gain more and more control as things progress.

I must say a combination of weird dreams and lucid dreams make my dreams very interesting at times. One of my favorite dream parlor tricks is to walk into a bar and when someone asks for a light, I hold out the palm of my hand and let everyone watch a hydrogen bomb explosion in the palm of my hand where the plume rises up about 6 inches above my palm. No harm to anyone or anything though.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Yeah like that I have dreamed I was shot by a gun and it didn't scratch me, didn't realize I was dreaming. But Shane Void always knows he is dreaming no matter what...

Shane you said that you want to see what happens without your influence, but dreams are always under your influence, you either realize it or not, that is where the power to lucid dream actually comes from right? We always have had the potential to shape a dream with our thoughts, because thats what the dream is made of. We just have to understand how it works to control the dreams or to realize for instance, that we can drive off that bridge for fun and be ok. It is always under your influence.

I guess if you can manage to go into a dream without being aware of it, mainly when you recall it, you will find that it was slightly more boring, and took slightly less effort. This is coming from someone who has regular dreams most of the time, but knows what it's like to go lucid too.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
what i tend to do in dreams is if im getting chased by people that want to kill me i teleport it always works i just have to concentrate but its so scary in dreams we your just standing there and there runnin at you and your trying to teleport i just have to focus

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Lucid dreaming is ''rare'' in most, but can become pretty common, personally I think you're having some terms wrong in your OP, but yes, it is quite common.

Most people have had a lucid dream once in their life at least, but because they don't really care about dreaming, they tend to leave it alone and then no longer have lucid dreams.

Personally I am one of the dream-enthusiasts as well, I remember almost every dream I have and have lucid dreams quite often.

The thing is though, everyone has different ''abilities'' in a lucid dream, there's even specific dream-forums where people give advice to others on how to do specific things like flying or creating light.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
LOL ur lucky cus wen i realise that im dreeming, i jus wake up and thats jus the end of that lol :scroll:

new topics

top topics

join