It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Pulling Out of Iraq??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

There is still that frustration with a level of violence that U.S. forces don’t seem able to control. The consequences tear at Bush every day, but he remains convinced that the war will ultimately succeed. “If we can’t win, I’ll pull us out,” the president said. “If I didn’t think it was noble and just and we can win, we’re gone. I can’t — I’m not going to keep those kids in there and have to deal with their loved ones. I can’t cover it up when I meet with a family who’s lost a child.
More..

"I can’t cover it up when I meet with a family who’s lost a child", says Bush. But he's been doing a pretty good job of it since the Iraq war started.

And now 'cut and run' is the buzzword. 3000 soldiers and 68,000 civilians killed. All for what? Hell! This is the biggest politico-military disaster if ever there was one.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Bush isn't pulling out of iraq. Its a big question of whether or not the next president, democrat or republican, will, but bush pretty clearly isn't.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
it probably depends on the final report from the James Baker, 'Iraq Study Group' due to be publicized in mid-november.

my guess, is that none of the coalition will 'pull-out, or withdraw'
but i suspect that 50% of the troops that are daily actively engaging the
insurgents in the streets & cities/towns in the populated areas-->

--> will be re-stationed to the more outlaying 'bases' in the frontier areas,
that desert provence (neither Shia/Sunni/Kurdish) that is west of Baghdad & borders on Syria & Jordan...

which then forces the Iraq Army & Police forces to step up
so the US can step-back & stand down, out & away from the cities

that tactic should take the steam out of the anti-war sentiment thats building up,
And....allow the next or possibly two administrations to keep a large & war ready presence on the doorstep of Iran, the next acquirer of nuke technology

[edit on 30-10-2006 by St Udio]

new topics

join