posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
Originally posted by cahlmac
Wholegrain bread (healthier )
Substitute a 7 [multi] -grain Toasted English Muffin and I'm There. ! :slurp:
8 out of 10 for wholegrain bread - 10/10 and then some for a substituted 7 [multi] -grain toasted English Muffin.
Tonight's were the first 'burgers off the grill' this year..
Ground chuck seasoned with minced garlic, salt, fresh-cracked pepper, a drop or three of pecan-smoke and an ever so slight splash of mushroom soy
sauce. Blended and mixed together thoroughly ... then Char-Smoked on the grill over mesquite.
- doubled up thick country-cured hickory-smoked bacon X 3
- sautéed fresh-sliced mushrooms and onions in an extra-virgin olive oil with the slightest splash of red wine.
- topped and bottomed with a good slice of deli swiss
- served on a mayo-laden Regular roll and drizzled with hot mustard
* what I would have given for a toasted hearth-baked onion/garlic roll and some fresh horseradish, instead.
You start with:
Doubled-Up. Damn near burnt, crispy and crunchy on the outside ... but quite chewy, tasty and flavorful 'on the inside'.
One Below and One Above:
Back in the Broiler for a minute or three... and ...
... but I still wish we'd have had a hearth-baked onion/garlic roll and some horseradish around.
edit on 4/19/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)