It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next US Attack, Chem/bio/Nuclear?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Many of here on ATS and indeed within the US/UK that 9/11-7/7 were commited by their own goverments with the help of secret sevices/terrorists. With that in mind and the current climate in America re Bush and co's law changing antics and with the Iran on the cards do you think that it is likely that ther ewill be a very big event within the US.

If they are going to top the 9/11 event its got to be something that will have a greater effect on people than 9/11 was(traumatic as it was, worse can happen). I believe something like a chemical, biological or possibly an attack on a nuke power plant, any of these has the potential to create a massive loss of life and spread fear and panic. Is it possible an number of states will be hit, again with the finger of blame pointed in the direction of the ME.

Has the fact that many disbelieve the official story of 9/11 caused the Goverment to stage another terrorist event to "convince" the people that there is a real threat. Are any Americans preparing for the possible outcome of such events such as stocking up on food, water, medical supplies etc. If Martial Law was imposed could this be the trigger to civil unrest. Would such an action allow the Goverment to remove personal weapons from the populace once and for all. Will anybody actually react to such events.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It is hossible they will do something, they will try and force the ones who deviated from their path to rejoin in. However, this will take something BIG and something that will HURT, real bad. A bio-weapon attack is to risky for them, it could easily get out of hand and also affects people indiscriminatly. Nuclear reactor? That would have to be timed just right or else they risk massive contamination and once again they too can be affected. Suit case bomb? Depends, who, what, when, where, how. Who: they cant blow away to many of their own people. What, small nuclear explosion. When, during some event or somewhere that people will gather. Where, somewhere thats NOT CRITICAL TO THEIR CONTROL OF THE NATION YET MAKE A BIG BANG. How, mercenary forces, hire them out of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, South America or anyone else who is up for hire.
So they have to have a certain number dead, 9/11 was around 3000, so they have to top that by about 8000+ and make it a grisly death. We dont know, they sure as heck WONT tell us or that would be digging their own grave. Just avoid major gathering after things get even hotter in the nation (USA).

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How about none of the above or not at all. Seems to me other than time and progression to change mood and hate from the east, might be to hold the Country of origin responsible ie where he/she/they were born and presently have citizenship.

Perhap's in terrorism matters response is first diplomacy and dialogue second?

Dallas

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
well i heard on a prgram that back when iraq and iran were in conflict the cia were paying al quieda and giving them weapons to help them win the war on iran (i beleve the program was farenheit 9/11) could it still be that the us are still in contact with al quaieda and that they are paying them to attack targets within the us and the uk. It is a possibility given the history between them.

[edit on 6/11/2006 by spookymulder]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There is a good chance of a terrorist sponsored event to occur in the US, or in Europe. They have both been warned in video. AQ wants foriegners out of the region (ME) in order to restore it to Islamic glory.

There were plans in effect, prior to 9/11. for dirtybomb/bio attacks in England and in the US that were stopped. There are surely other plans that are in motion that hopefully the US, with cooperation from other countries, will be able to also stop.

I personally feel that there will be attacks against citizens, not financial targets the next time there is an attack. I still think that a major sporting event is the next major target. Simultaneous detonations in a half dozen major cities would casue mass panic and hysteria. I mean, look how people acted after Hurricane Katrina. What will happen if there is a nuke detonated in downtown Seattle or Atlanta? Chaos that will not be able to be controlled for months I would guess.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It is hard to guess with so many groups that could go off individually at any time, but I suspect that Europe, particularly Italy might be next.
The only thing holding some back from an attack on the Pope is likely the cowardly fear of the islamic fundementalist clerics to see themselves made targets by Sunni or Shia groups that dislike them, who have advised against this.

However they may have created a monster they can no longer control as much they did in the past. The need for funding from islamic charities by staging spectacular attacks that the masses approve of may have given more control to the mobs than they calculated on. They can either reward what the mobs approve of or find themselves in struggles with younger clerics to take over control of the charities.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I do not see the next attack in the United States or Europe being that of a chemical, nuclear, or biological attack. It would take too much time and effort for the terrorists to plan and execute. However, there will be another attack sometime in the near future.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I think that an attack is imminent with in the United States, or maybe it's just a hunch. If you look at recent targets of Al Qaida bombings, excluding the 2002 Bali Bombings, all of the targets have all been transit bombings. Madrid in March of 2004, four trains bombed in and around Madrid Proper. The July of 2005 bombings of the London Transit System. This is a serious threat that must be taken much more seriously by this administration.

The next target will be something that you least expect but I have been expecting since. That is an attack on any given transit system within the United States and Canada. Look at it this way, with the lax amount of security there is at train stations here and in Canada. It would not be difficult for a terrorist to blow up one train, two trains, or even a dozen trains.

The Super Bowl I don't really think will be the target because the last few attacks have focused on the transit systems of major cities of the world. Honestly, an attack on the New York City subway system on New Years Eve would be something that could possibly be attempted. But with the security that the Mayor's Office, the Office of Emergency Management, and the New York City Police Department have put in place on the subway system, it would be darn near impossible. I am, however, not saying that an attack on the NYC subway won't happen.

Plus, Super Bowl XVI is being held in Miami at the Orange Bowl.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The next major attack, I believe, will be economic. I won't go as far as naming the 'attacking' country or countries, but I believe that America will suffer great economic losses very soon.

You could even go as far as to say that World War 3 is upon us, but it is an economic war, rather than the 'traditional' weapons and death war.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
The next major attack, I believe, will be economic. I won't go as far as naming the 'attacking' country or countries, but I believe that America will suffer great economic losses very soon.

You could even go as far as to say that World War 3 is upon us, but it is an economic war, rather than the 'traditional' weapons and death war.

new topics

top topics

join