It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones - Trustworthy? Think Again

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Did you read the OP or just the headline?

Are you somehow suggesting that the US was hit my a nuclear bomb in October 2006? That the US then declared Marshall Law?

In order to be libel, it would have to be untrue... AJ's prediction was indeed wrong.

Speaking of libel, if you listened to the above interview with Noam Chomsky, you'll see that Alex Jones calls Chomsky a NWO shill, not based on fact, but because AJ somehow got it in his mind that the UK had more gun crimes that the US.

Is this cause for calling someone a NWO shill? (It was more like a 10 minutes rant, AFTER Dr. Chomsky had already hung up. )

[edit on 15/12/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
reply to post by Jinni

Did you read the OP are just the headline?

Are you somehow suggesting that the US was hit my a nuclear bomb in October 2006? That the US then declared Marshall Law?

In order to be libel, it would have to be untrue... AJ's prediction was indeed wrong.

Speaking of libel, if you listened to the above inte3rview with Noam Chomsky, you'll see that Alex Jones calls Chomsky a NWO shill, not based on fact, but because AJ somehow got it in his mind that the UK had more gun crimes that the US.

Is this cause for calling someone a NWO shill?

Thank you for your response.

I think it's important to remember that AJ is NOT a prophet nor is he God.

AJ may make predictions (his own estimations) about what will happen and when.

For example, I reckon the the time for biblical events such as the second coming of Christ is about 500 years from now. It's just my prediction that may or may not be wrong.

AJ, being a human, also indulges in certain subjectiveness BUT one needs to look at the big picture.

What is he actually saying?

+ Warnings against Poisinous toys
+ Warnings against flouride in water
+ Warnings of 9/11 inside job
+ Warnings of devious government
+ Warnings of ....

The above is the main thrust of what he is trying to push forward. I don't hear him preaching like a maniac that a certain date will be the end of the world.

I certainly don't think that his failings should over-shadow the rest of his important messages.

AJ is like your next door-neighbour. He is not a scientist or whatever.

Look at the big picture he is presenting, the overall goals they aim to achieve and what he is trying to teach people.

TBH - I listen to AJ and I never noticed these predictions hammered to me that are mentioned in the first post.

NOBODY is perfect so one has to look at the positives and negatives and weigh them up. It's obvious that the negatives are negligble in this case.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by doctorfungi

Alex Jones may not always be correct however, he certainly is more accurate about whats going on in the world more so than the mainstream media and our own elected leaders. By the way, yes he does sell DVD's but you can also download them for free which he encourages.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
Oh, and NOAM CHOMSKY? Ok course he's a NWO sicko:

I started a thread a long time ago on that very subject.

However, that's neither here nor there. If you listen to the interview you will hear that he calls Chomsky a NWO shill because he contends that US gun crimes rate is higher than in the UK.

You live in the UK, do you believe your gun crimes rate is higher than in the United States?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Oh, and NOAM CHOMSKY? Ok course he's a NWO sicko:

I started a thread a long time ago on that very subject.

However, that's neither here nor there. If you listen to the interview you will hear that he calls Chomsky a NWO shill because he contends that US gun crimes rate is higher than in the UK.

You live in the UK, do you believe your gun crimes rate is higher than in the United States?

TBH I don't see how the link of refuting the level of gun crime relates to whether he is NWO supporter.

I have to listen to the original interview but I doubt that this deduction is being made.

Again, it's irrelevant. You are focussing on the arguably negative issues and missing the main thrust of his messages.

There's a lot of info out there that suggests that Chomsky is a NWO agent:

educate-yourself.org...

Perhaps AJ has read some of the material and is including it in his views of Chomsky.

It's debatable but I don't see how AJ is a disinfo agent because of this.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I don't believe AJ to be a disinfo agent either.

Admittedly, the Chomsky issue is irrelevant to this thread, I merely brought it up earlier as an example of AJ debating an intellectual.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I don't believe AJ to be a disinfo agent either.

Admittedly, the Chomsky issue is irrelevant to this thread, I merely brought it up earlier as an example of AJ debating an intellectual.

When NWO supporters can't argue against AJ the tactic is to discredit him by putting doubt in his listeners.

It's an amazing psychological effect but once the rumor spreads whether it's true or not the damage gets done and it spreads. It works like slander.

That's why I'm against calling AJ disinfo without real proof.

Everytime he is on the radio he says to the people to INVESTIGATE THEMSELVES about the topics he brings up so they can find out what AJ is talking about through independant investigation. Does the US gov do the same? - No.

This thread should be locked and destroyed because it harms the 'cause'.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

I agree.

If we spend too much time arguing amongst ourselves looking for a perfect hero, we're all going to miss the boat...

The best disinfo agents don't know themselves they are spreading disinfo...

Conspiracy Theorists of the world UNITE!

(oups! Now I'm being a commie
)

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Jinni

I agree.

If we spend too much time arguing amongst ourselves looking for a perfect hero, we're all going to miss the boat...

The best disinfo agents don't know themselves they are spreading disinfo...

Conspiracy Theorists of the world UNITE!

(oups! Now I'm being a commie
)

Today, AJ was BEGGING us public to investigate today's topic of dicussion for ourselves.

He was literally -BEGGING- us all to do the investigation ourselves.

No crook or disinfo agent talks like that!

I don't know what more people want to get off their as*** and do some work rather than speculate and spread rumors that benefit noone except Mr. NWO.

People - direct your effort to something useful pllleeeeaaaaassssssseeeeee!

Case closed.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
According to Alex Jones the United States should currently be under Marshall Law after being nuked by its own government. He said this will happen before the end of October.

The timeline must have changed, (it worked for John Titor).

I think Alex must be getting his inside information from sources high up in the government (Jesse Ventura). . .

'nuff said.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You can also do your own research. Don’t just rely on the conventional history books and political science texts

Noam Chomsky, What Uncle Sam Really Wants

last thing I'll say on Chomsky... I promise

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You can also do your own research. Don’t just rely on the conventional history books and political science texts

OK, but the thread is about AJ not Chomsky.

The topic on Chomsky is another animal altogether...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Perhaps, you fail to grasp my meaning.

You claim that AJ can't possibly be an agent because "No crook or disinfo agent talks like that!" yet I've shown you that someone you claim to be a disinfo agent "talks like that!"

Furthermore, the man you claim there is evidence for being a disinfo agent, is accused of being so for the very thing that you are doing in this thread - saying some subjects are a waste of a researcher's time.

The OP asked if Jones' predictions should be trusted. He also states that Jones is a fear-mongering conspiracy profiteer - Nowhere in this thread did the OP state that AJ was a disinfo agent.

IMO, neither Jones, nor Chomsky is a disinfo agent. Yet, it's fairly obvious that AJ does make a living from conspiracy theories, although I wouldn't go so far as to call him a "profiteer". (The survival food and the gold he advertises is a proper fit for his show, I mean it be strange for him to sell fluffy bunnies, no?)

PrisonPlanet is one of the best conspiracy resource site out there.

And yes... I did brake my promise, but only in the interest of clarity.
- Mea Culpa...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Jinni

Perhaps, you fail to grasp my meaning.

You claim that AJ can't possibly be an agent because "No crook or disinfo agent talks like that!" yet I've shown you that someone you claim to be a disinfo agent "talks like that!"

Furthermore, the man you claim there is evidence for being a disinfo agent, is accused of being so for the very thing that you are doing in this thread - saying some subjects are a waste of a researcher's time.

The OP asked if Jones' predictions should be trusted. He also states that Jones is a fear-mongering conspiracy profiteer - Nowhere in this thread did the OP state that AJ was a disinfo agent.

IMO, neither Jones, nor Chomsky is a disinfo agent. Yet, it's fairly obvious that AJ does make a living from conspiracy theories, although I wouldn't go so far as to call him a "profiteer". (The survival food and the gold he advertises is a proper fit for his show, I mean it be strange for him to sell fluffy bunnies, no?)

PrisonPlanet is one of the best conspiracy resource site out there.

And yes... I did brake my promise, but only in the interest of clarity.
- Mea Culpa...

Look,

I don't know too much about Chomsky - that's why I cut my accusation out of the post a moment after I posted it. I was surprised you managed to get it. I do realise I was doing the same...

AJ makes a living but the effect on the populace listening to him far outweighs that. Infact, he SHOULD be funded for what he is doing. US give millions away to their own people for doing likewise and no-one batters an eye lid!

I don't disagree with you but I think AJ radio is one of the BEST scam busting stations out there and they should be protected and supported (morally and financially). Yes, give him lots of money - I'm sure he'll use it properly like he is doing at the moment.

Again, one has to look at the BIG picture and the overall effects of his actions. I think they are good...

This is case closed for me.

P.S. There have been numerous threads of AJ being disinfo I found this one to be in the same pile. Calling AJ disinfo is the goal of the monsters.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

"I don't disagree with you but I think AJ radio is one of the BEST scam busting stations out there and they should be protected and supported (morally and financially). Yes, give him lots of money - I'm sure he'll use it properly like he is doing at the moment.

Again, one has to look at the BIG picture and the overall effects of his actions. I think they are good... "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh boy! Jones is quite clearly as mad as a hatter. Add to that the fact he can't hold a conversation without losing his temper and what you get is a very dangerous nut-job!
Someone earlier rebuted a posters claim that AJ was in for the money by insisting that most of his videos, etc, were free to watch on line. However, maybe he's just clever and knows that people like you will begin to push for him to be given huge wads of money. Maybe it's a double bluff?
Which ever it is I think this arrogant, occasionally violent, loon should be locked up and the key thrown away.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

P.S. There have been numerous threads of AJ being disinfo I found this one to be in the same pile. Calling AJ disinfo is the goal of the monsters.

I don't think it is. Jones by his very nature keeps himself marginalised, he does all the work for them, they don't need to contradict him or argue the toss because he is a bombast and loses credibility with lots of people for that very reason. His packaging keeps him just about unpopular enough for him to be more of a boon to the PTB than to the little people.

I've listened to the Chomsky interview, and Jones's behaviour at the end is bizarre to say the least, perfectly congenial throughout, much agreement (though some sematic quabbling). It is a long interview, Jones finds very little to quibble until Chomsky incorrectly claims that the UK has never had legal ownership of firearms...innocuous...but Jones suddenly transforms into a rabid dog and won't let go of this one teensy, weensy inaccuracy, as though it invalidates everything else that Chomsky has ever said. I found this quite strangely enlightening, though I am not sure of what.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.

Someone earlier rebuted a posters claim that AJ was in for the money by insisting that most of his videos, etc, were free to watch on line. However, maybe he's just clever and knows that people like you will begin to push for him to be given huge wads of money. Maybe it's a double bluff?

I was listening yesterday and for 10 minutes all I heard was "this is gonna be tough, folks" "not sure how we are gonna keep on" "DVD sales are way down" "Times are tough for everyone and if it wasn't for the money bomb we'd really be in trouble but that isn't enough"

sniff sniff. Poor guy who doesn't care about making any money off his DVDs is crying that we are not buying enough of them. Awwwe. He craps me up. Especially when you fact check his show.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I just heard the interview with AJ and Chomsky and I find the end of the interview 'dissapointing' to say the least.

It seems that AJ has a massive EGO or he felt threatened that there was an educated competitor in the same field as AJ.

CHomsky was very reasonble and I agreed with most that he said.

Statements from AJ like "my brain is twice a good as his" is really immature. It seems that it was not a problem with what Chomsky said - AJ was just looking for ANYTHING so he could attack him and try to gain more fo the market.

AJ couldn't take it that someone educated was preaching similar things. They are both in the same business but AJ seems to be hihgly competitive - It certainly does make you think what the 'important' things are to him.

I retract my previous comments demonstrating 'displeasure' of this thread. Smack me.

But, AJ still does talk about relevant and important issues.
P.S. Sources for my doubts about Chomsky include this:

I TOTALLY disagree with what he said about 911. In fact, he just says a lot of nonsense which is highly suspicious to me.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm just going to point out AJ is trying to sell a product, and that's all he cares about. It's easy to find conspiracies, but since theres virtually no evidence of them and it's all speculation, maybe it would make sense to either not believe them or regard them as mere posibilities, and it would be morally correct to not use fear as a selling point for your product?

AJ is a troll, infowars is his cult, and those who believe him are his noobs.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

Morning Star,

what is your alternative then? Fox News? CNN? MSNBC? If so, are you under the impression that everything they have put to air has been carefully vetted and 100% reliable? I would query you more on this as many times they produce conflicting stories and you need only YouTube any of their anchors to see literally hundreds of video clips where prevarication and hypocrisy are the common themes.

Alex Jones has maybe 1% of the budget of Fox News and you judge him for his faulty research? He's a one man show and has been right more times than our conventional newsbroadcasters, something I find shameful.

You want to talk corporate sponsorship? Fox brings in former tobacco and insurance lobbyists to talk junk science on smoking as "relatively benign" and malpractice suits "hurting doctors". If that doesn't scream sponsorship then I suggest we allow foxes to start marketing locks for chickenhouse gates.

Look, he can be argumentative, but it is a case of (can't insert Hebrew chars) but: building a fence around the Torah. He is a bit frightening because it takes extremes to make people wake up. Humans are basically apathetic. And our apathy is what has really caused all this damage to the planet.

So you can keep on hatin' and I'll keep listening.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join