It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones - Trustworthy? Think Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
The thing is, Alex is not alone, nor is he completely necessary to point out the failings of this administration.
[edit on 31-10-2006 by OnTheDeck]

Good post man, and in on that quote there, he even tells his listeners to not believe Alex Jones (himself) but to go out and do their own research, and if they need help he has links on his webpages, infowars.com , jonesreport.com and such.

quote]Originally posted by Order Out Of Chaos
When you look at that evidence again you do have to wonder why Jones' will not talk about this subject, infact he goes as far as to ridicule others with that oppinion.
No one is asking Jones to accept reptiles rule the world, its the fact he won't even consider the possibility, confirms to me that he's a bogey.

You must know william cooper, lear said he got the UFO craze or was it someone else? He kind of fed off it, but was pretty much close to the truth in some people opinoins, I am no sure on it yet though, cant say personally.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I wanted to add that Alex Jones has a network of people, some of whom I'm sure he hasn't named or made reference, that communicate real time. He has his finger on the pulse of what's happening in our government and military, and I'm sure hasn't completely divulged these sources in toto.

My point is that, beyond this network, Alex has been watching things long enough to begin to get a feel for how things unfold with regard to our government and military's programs. This is my sense. And this is beyond the obvious; i.e., elections around the corner, something's going to happen. Interesting timing that just before the November election, the gas prices go down. What other things are signifiers of events that follow (or preceded them)?

I would be interested to get Alex's take on this, and what signs he has seen over the last few years. I couldn't give any myself specifically. I wasn't really following events until recently, because prior to Bush and 9-11, there wasn't much drawing my attention to politics, aside from national news releases about President Clinton getting a blowjob, which I was forced to watch, because everyone was covering it.

I had dismissed our national media long before that; I wasn't drawn into investigation until those planes hit the towers. That's one example of why I think that event was the death knell for this administration, and possibly will alter how this government operates with regard to the will of its citizens, forever. And this is very contrary to what this administration had hoped to gain from those events, which was more than just billions of dollars.

The fact that just about every person in this country thinks our government lied about what happened is unprecedented in our history. It gives me a sick feeling thinking about it. And unfortunately for them, this event, and those that followed, have damned this administration. One could think that public outrage was the impetus for the frantic grab for power, but I'm more apt to think it was a long time in the planning.

Anyway, I think there are signs that Alex should make public as part of his predictions, so people can see what's driving those predictions. But like I said, he may have some sources he doesn't want to divulge. He can, however, point out some of the signs we all can witness or research, so we can begin to do the detective work ourselves. We should be doing that on our own anyway. I think we are.

The greatest thing Alex can do (and does), and those rushing to expose/bring this information to the bright light of day, is to get us to look at our government and world events in a different way; i.e., with regard to the subtler (and not so subtle) movements that, when taken separately don't hold half the significance as when they are all put together to form a greater picture; the events and signs that became obvious after the fact - the footprints - that revealed how we came to where we are, and how the government has lead us there - like to a "national emergency".

I admit that if there is collusion with other heads of government that are supposed to be enemies of the U.S., that it is harder to make connections, but if you imagine events as controlled to some extent, that there is a larger play going on, it will help provide a clearer and more logical picture of what could be going on. I think Alex has suggested collusion, and it may, on its face, seem paranoid and unreasonable, but I think the idea is worth entertaining until it has been thoroughly and absolutely investigated and disproved beyond a reasonable doubt. The possibility must be considered.

Events on this planet, and in particular those that involve the U.S. government and military no longer happen in a vacuum. At least to an awakening number of people, who used to view events as distinct and unconnected.

There is an education going on worldwide that is enlightening those that have access to free and unadulterated informaton. This is an education forced upon citizens of the U.S. (and arguably the world) in particular, by the blatant criminal acts of our government. The lesson we are learning is different than a lot of us have learned before, and that is how to read our government. How to read world affairs. It's not a lesson the layman is used to undertaking, but it's become the most critical lesson we as the citizens of this country - and undeniably the world - must learn if we are to survive.

I feel right now that the entire world has their eyes on Washington, D.C., and President Bush's administration. They are now operating under a microscope, and the United States House is, hopefully, about to make a shift to the Democratic party. This does not promise, however, a solution to the immense problem of addressing the mountains of unConstitutional and anti-American citizen legislation that has passed since Bush was elected - but it is a start.

We, the U.S. and the world, are poised at the brink of a very dangerous war. Right now, everyone with eyes to see can feel we are at the edge of a very dangerous precipice. And of great concern is that the aggressive U.S. government, lead by Cheney's one percent doctrine, has already placed troops in Iran. A poster in this thread asserts there is much more going on - I haven't researched this, but would suggest it's accurate.

The world is watching us now. And I don't know about the rest of the world, but the citizens of the United States are tired of war - and we are not convinced there is an immediate, clear and present danger for our country - there wasn't with the unConstitutional invasion of Afghanistan, there wasn't with Iraq - and there is not with Iran. Aggression is not our philosophy as freedom-loving Americans - we're human beings, and we do not share a killing machine's philosophy, or politics. Neither, apparently, do over three hundred, and growing, enlisted U.S. soldiers.

I would hope that Congress has reviewed and approved a war with Iran, but I suggest it has done no such thing. Bush has already engaged in war with two countries without formal proclamation of war, which would require congressional approval, so why start now? And why should the congress start to defend its (non-existent) principles now? Why don't we just drop nukes on every country suspected of disliking the U.S., and those that associate with those that dislike the U.S.? How far do we take this?

Watch, learn and teach.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
This is a fifth or sixth thread this month about AJ being called NWO, disinfo, gubernment agent or just plain crazy.

Interesting, don't dou think?

I think he may have hit a nerve somewhere near the capstone of the pyramid...whatcha think?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
He and every person aware of what's going on should hit it HARDER!

We are awake and aware! We are waiting for the problem, reaction, solution to take effect.

We are waiting for our government to precipitate an event that will justify more cruel and aggressive actions against its own citizens and the world!

Word on the street is the next one will be the big one. It just seems that the U.S. government is chomping at the bit to make something happen - and you have to ask yourself - Why? If something happens we'll know in hindsight, but by then it will be too late.

The United States government has initiated these wars - we are the aggressor.

Any attack or event that occurs from here on out was instigated and prompted by the U.S. government. If you lash out, invade, become aggressive, or threaten other countries unjustly - they will respond in kind. This is obvious to elementary school children. Your own actions will elicit an aggressive response. And can we blame these countries?

The U.S. will prompt an attack, and then defend their aggressive policies by holding the other country's response up as the reason for attacking in the first place; i.e., these nations intend harm to the U.S. That's what's called putting the cart before the horse, but in this case, hundreds of thousands, or even millions of people's lives are at stake.

The only conclusion to draw here is that our government wants war, and it wants war on a worldwide scale. If we attack another country - then that country has no choice but to defend itself. Period. We can hope other governments can see what is happening and for them to maintain a balanced and reasoned mindframe, but they have to defend themselves.

None of this is justified to the citizens of this country. The government justifies it to themselves, and they state their reasoning, but it is not justified in our minds. Our government doesn't care - they are moving forward anyway.

But all of us can keep watch and make all of the noise we can. Alex is not a disinformant, nor is he a kook. I base this partly on the fact that aside from his statements and predictions, his primary modus operandi is to back up his assertions by directing you to factual, well-documented information, and to credible news reports.

There is nothing anti-American about pointing out the facts. There is nothing crazy about bringing attention to information that's readily available to the general public. But some people seem to be bothered by this. There are those that may disagree, but how can you disagree with facts? Alex makes predictions, but he has good precedent and credible information to make those predictions.

Alex Jones is sincere. He's a unique guy. And he's making noise. If you don't like it, don't listen. He may in fact be saving lives by doing so.

If you felt you could save lives by making noise, wouldn't you be making the most noise you possibly could?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Congatulations

You have found a single thing in the millions of words that alex jones have said that might be wrong.

It is to easy to write of all this mans work on one single error you find in his writings.

How about all these other thousands of points he made.
Can you challenge them just as easy?
I think not, but if you think you can, give it a go and humor us please.

Just weak debunking, taking out a single easy point from the enormous amount of writings he did.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Alex Jones may be a nutcase or scholar but i feel his real contribution is that he puts this crazy stuff out there and now awakens you from your mental numbness, allowing you to make your own conclusions. if i did not stumble upon infowars i would still think this world was fine and dandy. he opens up the gate for you to unlock doors of your choosing. i must thank him for this but the insanity and insomnia were not somthing i was warned about.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchful1
i must thank him for this but the insanity and insomnia were not somthing i was warned about.

Dont worry, it will pass.
Continue to wake up your friends and neighbors and try not to stress or lose sleep.
AJ has been a great contribution to America, and if we make it through all this I think we should put his face on Mt. Rushmore.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Alex jones rocks!

and yea.. he may have been wrong about the prediction, but he's not just into it for the money yo. like he planned this !? he mentions all the time that he wouldnt be doing this if this wasnt happening...

he has done much research and has alot of proof of how bad our government is practically enslaving us.

i dont get scared, and he doesnt make me paranoid about the new world order. all it is is information, that happens to be critical for us all. IMO

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Jones can be pretty intense, but he tends to get otherwise unmentioned and basically bad things that the PTB are doing/furthering into light, when the MSM fails to. No, you probably shouldn't shave your head and get his name tattooed on your face, but it's no reason to completely discredit him.

As to his not mentioned alien/jewish/reptilian/etc involvement, I would equate this to how he made it known that he was distancing himself from the more farfetched 9/11 theories (like holograms); he very well might suspect something like that, but if he introduces it into the meat of his messages, he becomes that much easier to dismiss as a loony.

So yeah, maybe he has signed some deal with an as-yet-unforeseen shadow agency, but in the meantime he's getting very disturbing and very real information into the public sector, which I find admirable, even if he aims to profit from it.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
Response to Magnito_Student

He and every person aware of what's going on should hit it HARDER!

We are awake and aware! We are waiting for the problem, reaction, solution to take effect.

None of this is justified to the citizens of this country. The government justifies it to themselves, and they state their reasoning, but it is not justified in our minds. Our government doesn't care - they are moving forward anyway.

But all of us can keep watch and make all of the noise we can. Alex is not a disinformant, nor is he a kook. I base this partly on the fact that aside from his statements and predictions, his primary modus operandi is to back up his assertions by directing you to factual, well-documented information, and to credible news reports.

Trust me,,,you're not going to have to fight hard against a self destructive force hell bent on total dominion over the earth. Watch them hang themsleves and watch the sons of God and the creator throw a wrench in their plans.
It will be more apparent as we move along. Our little friends are almost fed up to the point they are about to intervene and start dealing with decent people on the planet. The ones that rule now know this and fear it

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Part of our government's faulty and misguided reasoning - which will be their downfall - is the fact that they believe if there is a voice of dissent - what they call "anti-American activity", or "using propoganda to aid the enemy" - that they can imprison, or execute these individuals and solve their problem - namely, to effect total control and to prevent losing the will (i.e.,hearts and minds) of the people.

They are the paranoid government, jumping at every shadow, and struggling to keep and increase their power - and they have perpetrated this sick mindset on their citizens. I read that there was a threat at the White House in the last few years - something was spotted on radar - and President Bush was whisked away to some hideaway. The threat turned out later to be a cloud. This is the state of mind our government finds itself in.

This twisted philosophy can only backfire for two self-evident reasons: one, the will is already against them, so no amount of silencing can stop this; and two, by catch-22, by creating an atmosphere of control, indimidation and total disrespect for the laws and ideologies of this country, they ensure opposition from the public they are afraid will seek retribution for these heinous acts.

Alex Jones is no concern to them. The sad thing is that they have doomed themselves already. Alex is merely observing this and talking about it. A government who turns against its own citizens has ensured its demise. This administration is so blinded by paranoia, greed and thirst for power, they have failed to see this one simple fact.

There really is nothing to fear, but fear itself. But any person who is ever approached by ANY GOVERNMENT OR MILITARY OFFICIAL, and feels they have been unjustly targeted, NEEDS TO MAKE NOISE. The likelihood that this could start happening, because of this new legislation, is very possible. It would be more likely to see this happening with the onset of some national emergency. We'll have to see.

This is the thing that Alex is trying to draw attention to and prevent. The government takes another step, normalizes it, then takes another step. Slow motion fascism. WE HAVE TO DRAW THE LINES, because our government and military won't, and apparently none of our representatives will either.

It's my (and Alex's) contention that this will not happen outright, but more by stealth. I'm in agreeance with Alex that it has started and will start by our government imposing restrictions and control on public institutions and geographies; by possibly setting up military checkpoints - normallizing a military presence; by dealing in a harsher manner with dissidents and opposition, until there is no visible difference between the U.S. and Nazi Germany. And it will all have been done virtually under our noses, one freedom and right at a time.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I found another article describing the severe blow recent legislation has dealt to our democracy. What I liked about this article are the reader posts below the article.

It's clear that anyone following what is going on in the U.S. government is nothing short of disturbed about it.

Here is a link to that article. (link)

The site where I found the article above is called Towardfreedom.com. Good site. You can follow not only local, but world events in which our government is involved.

Also included on that site is an article describing a new, vigorous U.S. military presence in Paraguay. (link)

The article states, in part:

"The US military is advising the Paraguayan police and military about how to deal with these farmer groups.... They are teaching theory as well as technical skills to Paraguayan police and military. These new forms of combat have been used internally," Orlando Castillo of Serpaj told me over the phone. "The US troops talk with the farmers and get to know their leaders and which groups, organizations, are working there, then establish the plans and actions to control the farmer movement and advise the Paraguayan military and police on how to proceed.... The numbers from our study show what this US presence is doing. US troops form part of a security plan to repress the social movement in Paraguay. A lot of repression has happened in the name of security and against 'terrorism.' "

The article also states:

The Association of Farmers of Alto Paraná (ASAGRAPA), a campesino group near the Triple Border, reported that a local politician offered one of the organization's leaders a sum of money equivalent to a monthly salary, in return for which the ASAGRAPA member was told to announce that other leaders in the organization were building a terrorist group and receiving training from the FARC. BASE-IS reports suggest that this type of bribery and disinformation is part of an effort to guarantee the "national security of the US" and "justify, continue and expand the North American military presence."

(FARC is Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia)

Finally,:

Journalist Hugo Olázar of the Argentine paper Clarín reported last September that US troops were operating from an air base in Mariscal Estigarribia, Paraguay. He visited the base last year and said it had an air-traffic control tower, a military encampment and was capable of handling large aircraft. Though the United States denies it is operating at the base, it used the same rhetoric when first discussing its actions in Manta, Ecuador, which is currently home to an $80 million US military base. The base there was first described in 1999 as an archaic "dirt strip" used only for weather monitoring. Days later, the Pentagon said it would be utilized for security-related missions.

The article also states that the current president of Paraguay, President Nicanor Duarte Frutos, was the first Paraguayan president to be received at the White House. Also that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld flew to Paraguay last August, and that shotly afterward, Dick Cheney met with Paraguay's vice president.

There have also been numerous reports that President Bush has purchased a plot of land in Paraguay of about 100,000 acres. Here is an article reporting this. Another site, Counterpunch.org, carries an article on it as well. (link)

Here are four more articles on this -
Article 1, Article 2,
Article 3 and Article 4.

These websites offer crucial, real time reporting and the importance of this cannot be overemphasized.

Right now, our government policymaking is influenced by corporations, businessmen, investors and affluent and powerful individuals, including known criminals, who are not officially or legally part of our government or lawmaking processes. The SPP alone is an example of how dangerously close to involvement other heads of government can become involved in U.S. lawmaking, and U.S. military and government planning.

Influencial people not a part of our government are pushing government policy - even directing it. See Bilderberg and Boehmian Grove, among others. Bush may leave office, but he and his cronies can sit back and remain involved in the machinations of government even though they will not be doing so in an official capacity. This is already how business is done now.

Someone asked if there was extradition from Paraguay, or if the president can perpetrate all of these illegal acts and simply flee to a country without extradition. Is this even possible? How on Earth can we look on our government the same if that were allowed?

Anyway, all of that is very strange stuff. Why the sudden interest in Paraguay? What's the draw? Is this a place of retreat when dire times hit? One of the articles above states immense water/natural resources. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Back to the original premise that the AJ's predicted attack didn't happen:

news.yahoo.com...

A third different outbreak of salmonella effecting people in 21 states. Two outbreaks I can believe as merely cross-contamination but this third is the kicker for me. Don't believe the govt hype. Something is very smelly here and it isn't the rotting vegetables.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I kinda think Alex is just an average Joe like the majority of us. You know, go to work to pay the bills, try to spend time with the family, maybe a couple of beers on the weekend kind of guy.
Because of his job, though, he saw enough of the story to start adding things up, and that led to looking for more of the story, and what he saw then really pissed him off, so now he uses his job to tell everyone how pissed off he is, and explain why. Can't blame him there, I like to think most of us, in the same position, would do the same.
I think that the reason he doesn't go into zionist/alien/shape-shifting/extra-dimensional reptiles from the future is because he's trying to reach as many people as possible with his warning, and knows how many people would tune out as soon as he mentioned them. Heck, I don't how much of that stuff I buy into, but I can't rule it out completely just on what I've seen here at ATS. Of course, I won't be shouting it from the rooftops, either. Can't blame him there, either.
Alex does tend to get a little worked up, which gives him an unstable look at times, but due to his constant research and documentation, I find it tough to dispute most of what he says, and if even half of what he gets all worked up about is actually going on, well, we're in some serious fecal matter, folks. Mind control, direct and indirect. Poison and diseases in vaccines, medicines and our food and water supplies. Mass extermination of the populace.
You know. You've all heard him. If all this is true, they've got us by the short hairs, and ain't about to let go without a fight.

So basically, in my view, if he's wrong, history sees him as an entertaining nut case.
If he's right, history won't even mention him, or the things he tried to tell us about.

Assuming there's anyone to read it.

I sure hope he's wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student

Originally posted by yanchek
This is a fifth or sixth thread this month about AJ being called NWO, disinfo, gubernment agent or just plain crazy.

Interesting, don't dou think?

I think he may have hit a nerve somewhere near the capstone of the pyramid...whatcha think?

Indeed.

I've been watching and listening to Alex Jones for quite some time now and I do nothing but gain more and more respect for him.

No offense DRFungi, I'll take Alex's word over yours any day of the week. (I've been watching your posts)

Nice try but Alex is too strong for you.

Heck,

short of killing Alex, your NOT going to bring him down.

[edit on 16-11-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I find that i can trust the news on Alex Jones his webpages more than Fox, CNN or my local news outlet.

Following current events i have been finding that these mainstream outlets lie a lot and leave most of the importand news out of public reach until no one can stop it anymore.

With alex jones his news posting i have more the feeling that i have an idea what is going on in the world.
I am not saying i think he is always right but the man helpes me to think about current affairs, not just swallowing them.

If you are looking for people distorting the truth look for your average ancor man on TV

edited some spelling

[edit on 21-11-2006 by jaamaan]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I find that i can trust the news on Alex Jones his webpages more than Fox, CNN or my local news outlet.

This is what scares the media. The ratings for TV news are at an all time low. People are wise that the news is covering for many ills the Whitehouse has caused. People are looking for alternitive media sources. So now what are the big news companys doing? Getting on the internet.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So Alex Jones was inaccurate on a few educated guesses, some of which have the potential to still occur. Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is Sad-

After reading the title of this thread, I was expecting something a bit more concrete in proof of Jones's deception. Doctorfungi It's obvious you tried to dig up any dirt you could on jones and came up dry 'cause he's as legit as it gets in the mediascape.

The really sad part is once you realized that his history is indisputable, you didn't use logic or reason to say, "Wait a minute, Jones might be on to something here". Instead you proceeded w/ what can only be discribed as vendetta against Jones (Why?), attempting to play a lame "gotcha game" w/ whatever scraps one can dig up on the guy.

One can only hope that at Jones's age, the only thing your critics (and amatuer Disinfo Agents) can point to in an attempt to discredit you is that some of your predictions didn't pan out, we should all be so lucky.

Without a doubt someone lost credibility with this thread Doctorfungi, but it wasn't Jones

[edit on 11/26/06 by Calm Anomaly]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well personally i don't care about the person i care more for the things they bring up. Alex Jones occasionally stumbles across something quite interesting in his blind flailing way.

He claims all sorts of things with news articles to back it all up, but when you read into some of those articles it isn't the same. The headline looks promising and the story is slightly different. As i said, sometimes he finds something interesting but becuase he brings up loads of baseless arguements he undermines his good points.

Oh and for anyone who wants to see a true idiot trying to criticise Alex Jones, please go to you tube and type in Perry Logan. Thi guy says all conspiracy theorists have IQ's of 80 and yet one of his videos is imaginatively entitled "Alex jone's is a bucket of faeces". Not exactly an intelligent way of putting things.

Well just my views.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join