It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

over 427 women killed by a serial killer or a group and not caught

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
In Ciudad Juarez, Mexico near the border of El Paso, Texas there have been over 427 (17-22 year old) women found; tortured, raped and murdered, and more women (approx. 400 more) are missing, but have not been found yet. Many people say it could not be the work of just one serial killer, but left alone with not much worry of being caught, I guess it's possible.

Some say it is more than that since they claim the police have made arrests and gotten confessions by dubious means and just start the numbers over when the murders continue. Here is a link, but if you google it, there is more info. Anyone been researching this or keeping up with the cases or have any new info?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That is one of those things that most people never heard about.

I have known for this for some years, but unfortunately I have nothing new about it.

There must be some serious money behind it, I can not see any other reason for the silence of the authorities in all these years.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
That is one of those things that most people never heard about.

I have known for this for some years, but unfortunately I have nothing new about it.

There must be some serious money behind it, I can not see any other reason for the silence of the authorities in all these years.

My jaw just drops, makes you wonder if theres more then just who we are told that are engaged in this stuff. Like the sex slave trade in asia and into the middle east, we never hear about it, PBS did a good documentry, only made reference to the throw aways they do often...

With numbers this high makes you really wonder, one person found dead under a tree who is 17 years old might make TOP news for a week, but 427 right next door, doesnt even hit the back of the paper or even get mentoined locally. I know its in another country BUT WE SHOULD WORRY ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS.

I mean they are found tortured, raped and murdered, tells you some group is using these people for there own evil reasons, poor women
and familys who probably lost them.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I read once in a French magazine that a private investigation showed that many of the victims, at least at that time, were workers from the same factory, but I cannot remember more than this, I will try to find that magazine.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
related links:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

it's still going on, the number of murders is imho, not accurate, there is not way to tell due to media blackout, but whoever does this is probably doing nazi-style human experiments.

Everyone has to be in on it, otherwise it would have made the news. Very Sad, a society comitting such atrocities deserves everything thrown at thme (us).

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
hmm this is very odd and I'm stunned that there seems to be some silence on this matter,

We need to find out as much as we can on this, maybe we can at least have as much info as we can that's out there in 1 place for anyone out there in the wide world that may be looking for info,
very interesting and for sure i'm going to look up on this a little bit more,

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I did find this recent artical that could be an explantion of sorts,

Bride burnings, honor killings, female infanticide, sex trafficking, mass rape as a weapon of war and many other hideous forms of violence against women are documented in a report released last month by the United Nations.
The report, a compilation of many studies from around the world, should have been seen as the latest dispatch from that permanent world war — the war against women all over the planet. Instead, the news media greeted its shocking contents with a collective yawn.

The war analogy is not an overstatement. In many parts of the world, men beat, torture, rape and kill women with impunity. In Ciudad Juarez, a Mexican city on the Texas border, 300 to 400 women have been murdered over the past several years

www.theday.com...
No matter how you look at this its terrible,.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by asala]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Welcome to the City of the Future. Ciudad Juarez is the result of NAFTA policy gone wild.

If we look back to the 1960's, when the Mexican government romanced Western corporations and gave them the opportunity to build their factories in Mexico with blatant disregard for environmental and labor laws as well as not having to pay local taxes.

Around 80% of the factories in Jaurez are American owned. In total there are roughly 500 factories, employing some 200,000 workers. The population of Ciudad Juarez is officially 1,200,000, unofficial reports run as high as 2,000,000. The sweat shops in this "city" have around a 70% female working population.

And where do these workers live?
In shantytowns that lie around Jaurez. Shantytowns where there has been no attempt to create anything but squalid living conditions.

As noted by The Observer:

...no attempt to create infrastructure - no roads or housing. Taxation is voluntary for companies, and most pay none. Vulliamy, Ed "Murder in Mexico," Observer, March 9, 2003

Americas.org has a great file on the happenings in Ciudad Jaurez:

Americas.org, Ciudad Jaurez

These conditions create a perfect environment for the wanton murders that are being committed.

Of course Ciudad Jaurez is not alone in playing host to gruesome murders that have suspicious similarities. Along the U.S./Mexico border there have been a spate of murders in Chihuahua City, Nueva Laredo and Matamoros. All are areas that play host to foreign corporations and are rife with lawlessness.

Matamoros is a place name that sets off alarm bells.

Mutilation and pain were essential to palo mayombe. Blood and viscera fed the nganga, manipulated with sticks as Constanzo tuned in the spirit world. The demons he served were more likely to smile on a sacrifice that died in agony. “They must die screaming,” El Padrino told his flock.
Link

He was 39 years old when he was arrested in July 1999. He had been chiefly known, and sought, under the alias Rafael Resendez-Ramirez up until that date but he had about thirty other aliases that he used. One of these, Ángel Reyes Reséndiz was very close to the name given on his birth certificate from Izúcar de Matamoros, Puebla: Ángel Leoncio Reyes Recendis.

The police tracked down Reséndiz's sister, Manuela. Manuela feared that her brother might kill someone else or be killed by the FBI, so she agreed to help the police. A Texas Ranger, Drew Carter, accompanied by Manuela and a spiritual guide met up with Reséndiz on a bridge connecting El Paso, Texas, with Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua.
Link

"Can I tell you who I really am, with all the secrecy that's in the family? I have only one purpose in life, and that's to express some of my views that I have been instructed - anything that can put down Christianity, anything that can put down democracy, anything that can put down freedom." - Rafael Resendez-Ramirez

That dark cults run rampant in Mexico is no secret. That these cults are tied to drug running, prostitution, and human trafficking is also no secret.

A twice-jailed armed robber, he is among thousands of pickpockets, car thieves, kidnappers and prostitutes in one of Mexico City’s toughest neighbourhoods who have flocked to join a booming death cult.

The first day of each month, hardened criminals of the capital’s no-go Tepito neighbourhood clutch death figures to their chests and flock to a kerbside shrine of Santa Muerte, Our Lady of Death, to pray.

Link

The Santa Muerte cult could probably best be described as a set of ritual practices offered on behalf a supernatural personification of death. The personification is female, probably because the Spanish word for death, muerte, is feminine and possibly also because this personification is a sort of counterpart to the Virgin of Guadalupe. To believers, the entity exists within the context of Catholic theology and is comparable to other purely supernatural beings, namely archangels. The cult involves prayers, rituals, and offerings, which are given directly to Santa Muerte in expectation of and tailored to the fulfillment of specific requests. These bear some resemblance to other traditions. The origin of the cult is uncertain; it has only been expanding recently. The cult appears to be closely associated with crime, criminals, and those whose lives are directly affected by crime. Criminals seem to identify with Santa Muerte and call upon the saint for protection and power, even when committing crimes. They will adorn themselves with her paraphernalia and render her respect that they do not give to other spiritual entities.
Link

How are American corporations and Mexican death cults intertwined?

Strangely, a number of the victims had 'modelling' photographs taken of them while they were at work. Make of this what you will, but to me it seems as if the victims have been selected.

Many of the victims had been travelling alone late at night after suddenly having their work shifts changed at the last minute and were left locked out of the factories after showing up to work late. It was at these times that they were stolen away.

(More to come...)

[edit on 2/2/2007 by Beelzebubba]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The first known victim was found on January 23 1993. In 1995 the first in a long list of suspects was arrested; Abdel Latif Sharif Sharif.

The first to die, officially, was Alma Chavira Farel, a young woman found beaten, raped and strangled to death in the Campestre Virreyes district of Ciudad Juarez on January 23, 1993. She may not even have been the city's first female murder victim in 1993, since local disappearances exceed known homicides each year. But Chavira remains the first acknowledged victim of a predator the media would later dub "the Juarez Ripper" or El Depredador Psicata. While no mutilations were recorded in Chavira's case, many subsequent victims suffered "similar" slashing wounds to their breasts.
Link

Abdel Latif Sharif Sharif, Egyptian immigrant with arrest record of assaulting women in the United States, charged in 1995 with murders of seven women in Ciudad Juárez. Convicted in 1999 of murdering Elizabeth Castro, 17. Conviction overturned in 2000 and other charges dropped. He remains in a Mexican prison pending an appeal. He maintains his innocence. In 2003, charged with seven more murders he’s suspected of commissioning from prison.
Link

Sharif is an interesting individual whose life deserves more scrutiny.

Born in Egypt in 1947, Sharif was a victim of his own fathers sexual abuse as well as other male relatives. He immigrated to the U.S. when in his early twenties, arriving first in New York City and then moving on to New Hope, Pennsylvania.

By 1981, Sharif was living in Palm Beach, Florida, where he held a job as a chemist and engineer. In May, 1981 Sharif was convicted of repeatedly raping and beating a 23-year-old woman. Strangely, his sentence for this crime merely resulted in probation. In August, 1981, he was again charged and convicted of another rape. His sentence, a mere 45 days in jail. In 1982, Sharif married. The marriage did not last very long. Sharif beat his new bride unconscious. She then divorced him. In March, 1983, Sharif was again charged with yet another repeated rape and beating, and after a brief escape, was sentenced to twelve years for his crime. Nearly six years into his sentence in 1989, Sharif was paroled and was to be deported. For reasons unknown he was allowed to remain in the U.S.

After his release Sharif was found working in Texas;

But when Sharif was paroled in October 1989, he was not deported. He moved at once to Midland, Texas, and a job with Benchmark Research and Technology. The U.S. Department of Energy singled him out for praise, and Sharif was photographed shaking hands with former U.S. Sen. Phil Gramm.
Link

While still on parole, Sharif was arrested for drink driving in 1991. Yet there were no repurcussions for this parole violation. And then in 1993, Sharif did again what had become something of a habit with him; He repeartedly raped and beat yet another woman.

And then on to Ciudad Jaurez;

His deportation defense lawyer offered the government a deal: if the latest charges were dismissed, Sharif would voluntarily leave the U.S. In May 1994 Sharif moved to Ciudad Juarez, working at one of Benchmark's maquiladora factories, and resided in the exclusive Rincones de San Marcos district. In October 1995 a young maquiladora worker accused Sharif of raping her at his home. She also said that Sharif threatened to kill her and dump her corpse in Lote Bravo, a desert region south of town where several other victims had been found. Those charges were later withdrawn. But detectives had learned by then that Sharif had dated 17-year-old Elizabeth Castro Garcia, who was found raped and murdered in August.

Sharif was charged with that murder and finally convicted at trial in March 1999. He received a 30-year sentence. Although police called Sharif a serial killer, the conviction did not solve the grisly mystery of Ciudad Juarez. The murders continued - even escalated - after his arrest. One month after Sharif was in custody, police acknowledged that 520 people had vanished in the past 11 months and that "an important percentage of them are female adolescents."
Link

And last year, he died:

The 59-year-old was taken to the state hospital Wednesday afternoon to be treated for digestive problems.

Authorities have ordered an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.
Link

Why would Benchmark Research continue to employ such a horrendous individual?

Why did he receive such lenient treatment from U.S. Authorities?

It almost seems as though Sharif was being vetted as he pursued his horrific appetite for over a decade.

How convenient for Benchmark to have a sweatshop just over the border for Sharif to escape to.

That Sharif was involved is likely. That he operated alone? Well the continuing body count seems to point to others.

(More to come...)

[edit on 3/2/2007 by Beelzebubba]

new topics

top topics

join