It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 5122: Another Brick In The Wall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
HR 5122 was introduced into the House on 4/6/06, and passed with a flying majority on 4/11/06. It was passed by the Senate unanimously on 6/22/06. It was tinkered with again for a while, and eventually repassed again unanimously on 11/22/06. Bush signed it into law 10/17/06 as the John Warner National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007. Just keep those unanimouses in mind.

Most of the meat here is buried in financial things relating to DFAS stuff, but there are some fairly scary things in there. Basically, makes it even easier for pretty much any president, whether Bush or a future one, to not only create a police state, but make it simpler to control.

The law gives him the legal authority to declare a state of emergency at his discretion. It then allows the president to take control of the State National Guards without the consent of their state Governors or local commanders. All in the name of protecting America within its borders.

I feel safer.

Library Of Congress Archive

HR 5122 Records

Now, are you gonna honestly tell me that 100 Senators who can't even agree on what color the sky is, are going to unanimously allow the control of state National Guard to be rescinded to the Executive branch at will? I guess it's just convenient that no records were kept, yes?

I can't help but wonder if the "unanimous" vote was conducted by Dennis Hastert and a couple others at three in the morning or something.

EDIT: Take a look at dcreamcheese's topic located here, regarding the Insurrection Act. Put these two together, isn't that just a recipe for dictatorship?

Good looking out, creamcheese.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by Astygia]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Or they just didn't red it like the Patriot Act... or they both are parties full of traitors.

I'll go with traitors.

And those who argue Bush/Katrina... remember problem-reation-solution...

new topics

join