It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sculpture in the crater of the Terra Sirenum region of Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
When i first saw the release of the new mars pictures the picture of the crater in the Terra Sirenum region of Mars stood out to me because i notice something on the surface of the rock. photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov... Here is the original picture that NASA released.

Since the image is to big to attach i uploaded it to make it easier.
www.freewebs.com... My view of it www.freewebs.com...
Scarab Beetle
www.freewebs.com...
Face and Scarab Beetle

There is a sculpture of something on the rock. The first link shows the original picture and to the right of it is a better view of what it is. I edit the picture with Microsoft Photo Editor. The other two links give a closer view of what i see as a scarab beetle on the chest area and a face that has a scarab beetle on the top of the head. I also think that what it is holding is a crook. I see another face like image but i did not make a extra link because its hard to confirm that. Ive sent emails to a lot of people trying to understand what this figure is, i have had no replies . What i am trying to achieve is that this was not caused by water but some form of intelligence had to of made this.

Please Tell me what you think.
Thank you.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I just don't see anything there but martian
soil and rock.

I'm just not seeing it.

Perhaps my minds just not creative enough (that's not meant
in a bad way) to see it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
No offense but I'm not seeing it either. What concerns me here is that there is nothing to offset this sculpture as you call it. There is no discernible background and that is what makes me think we are looking at something natural here. A construction or desired image would have a background to some degree to reflect against I would think.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have shown this image to other people and they see it just as clear as i do. Try looking at it from a far point of view.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
No offense with this, but if we can't see it, and I tried looking
from different angles and distances, than we're not going to
magically start seeing it by squinting at it even more.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I can see the face but not the beetles. It's pretty cool...you can see the eyes, nose, lips, and teeth and it looks like it's wearing a hat. It's most likely a natural rock formation..it looks like it's in some random spot at the bottom of a hill or mountain like someone else said.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jwater88
I have shown this image to other people and they see it just as clear as i do. Try looking at it from a far point of view.

Yup I see it too.... but this time its just the rock and shadows...

Keep hunting though

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Imagination knows no bounds!! So here's a 'smilie' from Mars....

This Martian impact crater looks like the
largest known "Happy Face'' in the solar system.
The smiling mouth and eyes were formed by
fractures caused by the original meteor impact.
The main crater is about eight kilometers across.
(Courtesy NASA)

Now do you really think it was made by aliens??

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
it is funny how some people grab on to a hoax and wish so badly that is were true

[edit on 30/10/06 by Mouth]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I can't see anything, because there's nothing to see.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by Mogget]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Nothing for me, tried looking at it from many different angles as well

Most of the time if you stare at a cloud long enough you'll see something, same principle.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Lol, I'm really glad that people like you who can see something you think is artificially made in a natural formation when you search for it long enough because it really makes for a good laugh when you tell us about it. This is one of the things that really makes life worth living for me, so thanks!!

[edit on 30-10-2006 by Elimaku]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Now do you really think it was made by aliens??

No! Its quite obvious that its a Martian Mole and those "craters" all over the surface are simply mole holes. Kinda cute little critter....

I mean haven't you guys figured it out yet? NASA keeps sending us pictures and calling them names like "blueberries" and "rockefeller" [another "face" on Mars] They are trying to distract us from the truth!

But hey there are plenty of anomalies up there to keep us busy...

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouth
it is funny how some people grab on to a hoax and wish so badly that is were true

[edit on 30/10/06 by Mouth]

What hoax? There is no hoax here... just interesting rock formations... That one is actually pretty good when you enhance it

top topics

join