It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich Israelis Building Nuke Bunkers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Once a trend catches on, its almost unstoppable

If there really is a increased demand for personal survival bunkers there in Israel, and dozens, scores, hundreds or thousands are getting permits to build them.........let me see the proof

bettcha, a few (2 or 3) rich & eccentric, high profile people are putting
in some shelters at their residences in Israel
??but this may just be a strategy to create a demand that just isn't there yet-
??the idea being; every up & commer & social climber will have to have
their own shelter as the fashionable & trendy thing to do...
??it might turn into the situation, you can't sell or even buy a property, unless it has the customary multiple bed/baths and the custom survival shelter on site.

depending on how the Israeli 'test market' fairs, I'd expect the frenzy to
sprout up here in the USA. The only difference would be that here in the US
the bunkers would need to be connected to the www. & have telescoping
retractable antennae for communication & networking...
to the other private habitat-bunkers & to the continuity-of-gov't underground cities

ah yes, a civilization that willingly returns to our cave dwelling past

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I like the idea of underground houses (in our area they stay 56-61 degrees year round)

but the idea of being at near ground zero, and have to stay underground for perhaps months or years (impossible to supply for) is not good.

That is what i mean when i say "mole people" in the sense, that they wont be able to come up, until radioactivity goes way down...
and that could be a while.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Personally, I agree with Numbercruncher, that we should be building underground. It really doesn't cost much more, and the energy efficiency alone makes it worthwhile, from a cost/benefit standpoint.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Big pharma probably loves the mole people idea, they would make a killing on psychotropics and all the other maladies that go with sunlight deprivation.

Sunlight deprivation shrinks mice's brains: study

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Big pharma probably loves the mole people idea, they would make a killing on psychotropics and all the other maladies that go with sunlight deprivation.

Easily remedied. Bright light therepy:

www.ncpamd.com...

I suffer from Seasonal Effective Disorder due to the fact that I basically work in an enviroment that has little natural light and it's dark before and after work. Thanks to a member here, you know who you are, my winters are no longer exhaustive.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Light boxes only go so far in regards to maintain circadian rythms, and when your in a bunker with limited resources you can forget about those extras. If the power plant is bombed or an EMP pulse blows out your generator, then you're left with candles, propane lantern, or a flashlight.

Count on limited or no electricity, if you have to stay underground for a long periods of time, so maybe it's best to get a guide cat until the mole babies are born.

Went in sane, came out insane?
We've got the fix for your underground bunker trix.
DeNutifier by Pfizer now with potassium iodide.
Free sunglasses for first 1000 orders.

Disclaimer: Does not prevent problems associated nuclear fallout such as hair or skin shedding, tumors, limb rot or organ failure.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'v been here watching posts and threads for about a year.
I have come to the conclusion that a good few people that talk about end of world scenarios are in a sort of fantasy world as such. It is as though you/they fantasize about these great wars and battles as if in a film. Alot of them seem to be like star wars with greatly intense battles with hundreds of people fighting evil. The point i am coming to is that if a nuclear war did break out or just a normal modern war involving alot of countrys lets say 12 as an example. Well everything will go pear shaped which is an obvious but your going to lose hospitals ie: medical care... SO lets say you'v got the slightest of unlucky ailment like a toothache or an absis on your gum.. well you wont get medical attention so how will you deal with that when it happens? Or how about an ingrown toe nail and you get gangerine because the only water your near is poluted with dirt or blood from dead bodies. How will you clean that.. so now you have to cut your toe or foot off without any medical attention or anesteic and all you have is a blunt knife.. and to be honest you can go ahead and laugh about an ingrown toe now but to be honest its the simplest things in times of plight that will bring you down to your knee's. Sounds like lost of fun now doesnt it?? I seen a post on this forum somewhere about martial law and alot of people where making comments such as running outside with rpg's and ak47's shooting at tanks.. well yes thats brilliant i meen you go ahead and run at a tank with an rpg because it will just bounce off like you threw a stone and the tank commander will saw smile and destroy you, your house and most likely your family. War is not a game and it is far from a fantasy. At the end of the day you cannot say ok timeout i want to go get a drink or some sleep. All you need to do is look through the post's and find the would be revellutionarie's. If your shot your shot and thats it you either get lucky and recover or you die slowly like a bullet in the stomach or you die outright.. what can you do then? I just believe people need to calm down on the predictions and idea's about a coming war and try and come back down to earth and realise war is a SERIOUS matter and if it does happen ( hopefully not ) well be prepared for days without food or sleep and scrounging in dirty mud and blood infested areas trying to find something to kill that un-ignorable ache in your stomach. This is directed a select few individuals not everybody and i appoligise for spelling mistakes.

Regards aeionu ¬zixx

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
People SHOULD be living underground

People SHOULD be generating their OWN power and be concerned with indoor air quality.

If it takes fear of nukes so be it...

Sri Oracle

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Regen, most subterannean homes have skylights built into them to introduce natural sunlight. At the very least, you can have a chimney with angled reflective surfaces, to bring a beam of light down into the living room or den, or wherever you spend the most time.

So, 99.9% of the time, sunlight won't be an issue. Who spends all day indoors anyway? Unless there's a serious issue outside, you can just leave your home and take a stroll in the sunshine to stave off the crazies.

In case of a nuclear war, I think going crazy from the lack of sunlight will be the least of our worries. Going crazy from the nuclear war is a more likely prospect, I think. Going crazy from eating nothing but saltines and peanut butter. Going crazy from having nothing but lukewarm water to drink.

I'm fascinated by the idea of living underground. The benefits far outweigh the disadvantages, I think. These sorts of dwellings have become quite popular in Europe over the last decade or so, there's one company I sort of remember researching, I think they've coined the phrase 'Hobbit Homes' for a sort of buried dome structure with plexi ceilings and interconnected tunnels between rooms.

I've always wanted to buy an old flooded missle silo and convert it into a wacky loft, with lots of headroom (understatement of the century). Shielded communications suites and blast doors only sweeten the pot. A few feet of water to pump out, a whole lot of mold to bleach away, and some asbestos/lead removal, and you've got a modern castle.

Maybe I've come to romanticize the idea of living underground, but there's only one way to find out.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Its seriously how we should be building, some places in the world entire communitys do it, take Cooper Pedy in Australia for example it is so hot there that people live under ground and pay zero for cooling because of natural insulation.

Imagine a world where the eyesore of disguisting industrial areas vanished and these factories where underground with lush rain forests where grown above them, helping to ofset there devastating effect on the enviroment.

Obviously it wouldnt work everywhere, like places with high water tables, but the idea can be modified, say if you want a 2 story home, build one story under, one above, views and down below low energy consumption.

The world needs to start embracing radical ideas for survival, because the inconvienient truth is that Global warming is going to kick our arses otherwise.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Regen, most subterannean homes have skylights built into them to introduce natural sunlight. At the very least, you can have a chimney with angled reflective surfaces, to bring a beam of light down into the living room or den, or wherever you spend the most time.

So, 99.9% of the time, sunlight won't be an issue. Who spends all day indoors anyway? Unless there's a serious issue outside, you can just leave your home and take a stroll in the sunshine to stave off the crazies.

In case of a nuclear war, I think going crazy from the lack of sunlight will be the least of our worries. Going crazy from the nuclear war is a more likely prospect, I think. Going crazy from eating nothing but saltines and peanut butter. Going crazy from having nothing but lukewarm water to drink.

I'm fascinated by the idea of living underground. The benefits far outweigh the disadvantages, I think. These sorts of dwellings have become quite popular in Europe over the last decade or so, there's one company I sort of remember researching, I think they've coined the phrase 'Hobbit Homes' for a sort of buried dome structure with plexi ceilings and interconnected tunnels between rooms.

I've always wanted to buy an old flooded missle silo and convert it into a wacky loft, with lots of headroom (understatement of the century). Shielded communications suites and blast doors only sweeten the pot. A few feet of water to pump out, a whole lot of mold to bleach away, and some asbestos/lead removal, and you've got a modern castle.

Maybe I've come to romanticize the idea of living underground, but there's only one way to find out.

I myself have thought about converting an old missile silo and looked into it. WOW they are very expensive, even the ones that are pretty much flooded by more than 20 feet of water. The last one I looked at sold for over 5 million dollars. Good luck if you are serious. It really would make a cool home. I will have to look thru some material I may have saved with address's and if I find some I will let you know.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

Originally posted by Numbercruncher
You know all houses should be built underground anyway, have you ever been underground ?

Yes I have.
Depending on where, it's so f## damned hot that nobody wanna live there.

Ever heard about Geothermic energy?

Some places in New Zealand you only have to burry your egg half a foot down in the sand to get it boiled.
Caves in SE Asia can be so hot that you understand why hell is allocated with underground.

Might work with places that have a nice cool top soil. Like UK or Wisconsin.. or...

No i havnt ever heard of Geothermic but im quite familar with Geothermal Energy

Im also quite familar with the New Zealand countryside and these areas arnt everywhere and you simply wouldnt build underground near them.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This Israeli discusses the fear card and how it's played on the witless:

Who's Afraid of an Iranian Bomb?
At the height of the epic Battle of Britain in 1940, when British airmen were killed at an appalling rate ("never was so much owed by so many to so few"), an official in charge of propaganda had a bright idea to raise morale. On the walls at the Royal Air Force bases a poster appeared with these words: "Who is afraid of the Ju-87?" (At the time, one of the most effective German planes.)

An anonymous pilot penciled in: "Sign here!" Within a few hours, all the pilots of the base had signed.

If today someone were to hang a poster with the slogan "Who is afraid of the Iranian nuclear bomb?" I believe that all the people in Israel, and many beyond, would sign.

It seems that we Israelis are always in need of something to be afraid of. When we open our eyes in the morning, we must see the danger-of-the-day. Otherwise, what is there to get up for? Perhaps it's not the public that is to blame, but the politicians who use fear as a means of control.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In the last 2,000 years Iran has not started a single war, but that doesn't matter to nuclear bunker builders. The fear card has been played and it's time to cower, be afraid and obey like good little dumb sheep.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The silos that have been refurbished are selling for millions, for obvious reasons. The ones that haven't been upgraded and cleaned out are still really cheap, last time I checked. If they've gone up drastically in the last year or so, that in and of itself would be an ominous sign.

I remember looking at one, about two years ago, that was flooded, and needed asbestos remediation, but it was only like 30k for tens of thousands of square feet, plus land, plus an outbuilding above-ground, with a generator and some machine tools, plus a single layer of wire fence running the perimeter.

Pretty good deal if you ask me.

I remember another one, completely rehabbed, beautiful layout and all the modern conveniences, plus a communications suite and blast doors, and it was only like two and a half million.

Given the choice between a tiny cramped apartment in Midtown Manhattan, or a spacious underground palace..I'll take the palace everytime.

Just thought of another benefit for building below ground. More room for wind turbines, to generate clean electricity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join