It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Underground American Resistance (UAR)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trustWhat was the last meaningful, productive piece of legislation that left capital hill that benifited the enitre population of America or even a large majority of the American people, instead of some foriegn owned corporate special interest group?

The ending of the Jim Crow laws -- or do you consider the segregation laws of the 1950's and earlier to be "fair and just" and allowing minorities to vote and own computers and eat at the same restaruants as Whites to be a special interest? If you do, then your democracy isn't terribly democratic.

The online predators act (H.R.5319: To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to require recipients of universal service support for schools and libraries to protect minors from commercial social networking websites and chat rooms. ) ... unless you feel that laws designed to protect children from online predators (financial and sexual) are not of benefit to the majority and are of benefit to corporate special interest groups owned by foreigners?

Intellectual property protection laws (that this board supports, and includes everything YOU write): thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.5921:

Vietnam Veteran's Memorial center... oh, wait. That's a special interest group. Darn those veterans. Getting uppity and of no benefit to everyone and a corporate special interest to boot.

Legislation establishing the Thomas (Library of Congress) center online where you can look up laws to your heart's content rather than getting them the old-fashioned way (thomas.loc.gov...)... no, wait. How could that benefit an ordinary person like me (who just used it to look up a hudred or more of these recent bills AND congressional voting records)? That benefits ...lawyers! And ... corporations!!! Ordinary students and people wouldn't get a lick of use out of that thing.

How about :H.R.2971: "To amend the Social Security Act to enhance Social Security account number privacy protections, to prevent fraudulent misuse of the Social Security account number, and to otherwise enhance protection against identity theft, and for other purposes" Or is enhanced security for SS#s some foreign corporate plot?

Or S.RES.360: "A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that legislative information shall be publicly available through the Internet" -- the law that makes it possible for me to have bills and voting records and the law at my fingertips.

Here is some reference material for you to study.
www.economyincrisis.org...

But you didn't go to the original sources, did you? Never bothered to look up legislation to see what Congress is doing (do you have any idea even what's being proposed in your local laws? What your city government did during the last year? Or are you just running around to these sites and getting all excited and not really REALLY looking at the laws and reading your local news?)

And did you bother to check the facts on your site? " according to official figures, more than 8,000 American companies have been sold to foreign corporations in the last 10 years for at least $1.2 trillion (US Dept of Commerce)" -- in that same time period, do you know how many foreign companies were sold to Americans? Have you any idea why the publishing industry is floundering (no... it's not from "foreign corporations"... it's from the Internet and the cost of paper and the decline in demand for printed material. The drama-monger didn't bother to check this.)

May I suggest that instead of reading those sites and believing everything on them, that you check the facts and ask about the other side of the coin on less biased sites....

like finance.yahoo.com...
and news.bbc.co.uk...
and www.cdt.org... (where they discuss more reasonably hot button issues)
and alla these listed here: en.wikipedia.org...:Government_watchdog_groups_in_the_U.S.

I could go on, but I think that like a lot of others with a headfull of hot slogans and a few supporting websites to fuel those opinions, you don't know much about the situation or the process.

Start looking at the watchdog sites and educate yourself... and THEN start talking about what you can do. Don't just believe slogans from websites that don't do their homework.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would join if there was a canadian resistance,
outa count of me not living in the states...
But know that the problem resides here too,
and everything is so damn secretive, getting info
about the government is like trying to get water out of
sand, in a desert.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

We are advocating Non-Violent Civil Disobedience, even though we do maintain the right to bear arms.

Hi INWT,

As the above quote kind of contradicts itself, at what point do you stop the non-violent disobedience and use your arms that you have for a backup plan?

Or is the "non-violent disobedience" term just a front?

CX.

Our problem in the US orginates from a failure to educate the people.

Violence is always a losing proposition for all who are involved. If there is another means available then that is the preferred method for settling disputes. Unfortunatly, sometimes the only alternative is the use of force, when your life and liberty are threatened.

Quotes from the time period of the American revolution.

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
--- Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796

-----

The Virginia ratifying convention met from June 2 through June 26, 1788. Edmund Pendleton, opponent of a bill of rights, weakly argued that abuse of power could be remedied by recalling the delegated powers in a convention. Patrick Henry shot back that the power to resist oppression rests upon the right to possess arms:

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.

Henry sneered,

O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if, to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people! Your arms, wherewith you could defend yourselves, are gone...Did you ever read of any revolution in a nation...inflicted by those who had no power at all?

www.guncite.com...

Mahatma Gandhi used Non-Violent Civil Disobediance as a means to end British rule in India. It appears that Gandhi turned to Non-violence as a means for change in an attempt to stop wide spread bloodshed, over which he could do nothing to stop. Gandhi wasn't violent, but the people were.

… non-violent mass movement is impossibility unless the atmosphere is radically changed. To blind one's eyes to the events happening around us is to court disaster. It has been suggested to me that I should declare mass civil disobedience and all internal strife will cease, Hindus and Muslims will compose their differences, Congressmen will forget mutual jealousies and fights for power. My reading of the situation is wholly different. If any mass movement is undertaken at the present moment in the name of nonviolence, it will resolve itself into violence largely unorganized and organized in some cases. It will bring discredit on the Congress, spell disaster for the Congress struggle for independence and bring ruin to many a home.

But if I cannot find an effective purely nonviolent method, outbreak of violence seems to be a certainty.

But, if there is an outbreak of violence, it would not be without cause. We are yet far from the independence of our dream. The irresponsibility of the Centre, which eats up 80 per cent of the revenue, grinds down the people and thwarts their aspirations, is daily proving more and more intolerable.

So, if violence breaks out in this unfortunate land, the responsibility will have to be shared by the Paramount Power, the Princes, and above all by Congressmen. The first two have never claimed to be nonviolent. Their power is frankly derived from and based on the use of violence. But the Congress has since 1920 adopted nonviolence as its settled policy and has undoubtedly striven to act up to it. But as Congressmen never had nonviolence in their hearts, they must reap the fruit of the defect, however unintentional it was.

But if the Congressmen can or will go no further than they have done in the direction of nonviolence, and if the Paramount Power and the Princes do not voluntarily and selfishly do the right thing, the country must be prepared for violence, unless the new technique yields a new mode of nonviolent action which will become an effective substitute for violence as a way of securing redress of wrongs. The fact that violence must fail will not prevent its outbreak. Mere constitutional agitation will not do.

Harijan 4-7-1938

www.mkgandhi.org...

[edit on 7-11-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
So which ... national racket

Indellkoffer, I understand that you don't want your government retirement check or benefits to disappear and that you are afraid of that very prospect occuring. Everyone is being squeezed except for the very wealthy. Appently the ruling class needs your money more than you do.

Wealth, Income, and Power
by G. William Domhoff
February 2006

Share of capital income earned by top 1% and bottom 80%, 1979-2003

sociology.ucsc.edu...

The Wealth Divide
The Growing Gap in the United States
Between the Rich and the Rest

May 2003 - VOLUME 24 - NUMBER 5

MM: What have been the trends of wealth inequality over the last 25 years?
Wolff: We have had a fairly sharp increase in wealth inequality dating back to 1975 or 1976.

Prior to that, there was a protracted period when wealth inequality fell in this country, going back almost to 1929. So you have this fairly continuous downward trend from 1929, which of course was the peak of the stock market before it crashed, until just about the mid-1970s. Since then, things have really turned around, and the level of wealth inequality today is almost double what it was in the mid-1970s.

Income inequality has also risen. Most people date this rise to the early 1970s, but it hasn’t gone up nearly as dramatically as wealth inequality.

MM: What portion of the wealth is owned by the upper groups?
Wolff: The top 5 percent own more than half of all wealth.

In 1998, they owned 59 percent of all wealth. Or to put it another way, the top 5 percent had more wealth than the remaining 95 percent of the population, collectively.

multinationalmonitor.org...

You know Indellkoffer, if you have $125 million you could always have this 17 bedroom, 18 bathroom cottage by the sea. They must have to pee alot, huh.

www.sothebysrealty.com...

I hope that you aren't buying your prescription drugs in Canada or Mexico, because importing those cheaper drugs is illegal you know. Buying over priced american phamecueticals is the law.

It's for your safety you know.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency spokeswoman Lynn Hollinger said the shift in policy does not mean that Canadian drugs are safe..."We are still very committed to protecting the American public from these medications," Hollinger said.

www.newstarget.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I just posted this on another thread, but it applies here also.

It does no good to identify a parasite without also figuring out a way to rid yourself of it. You can talk forever about its manifestations but it does nothing to solve the problem. I can talk all day long about having head lice, but until I do something about it, it is just so much idle chatter and my head will still itch. I can be the worlds leading expert on head lice but if I do nothing about it I'm just another "Bozo on the Bus". An educated Bozo, but a Bozo all the same.

How do you propose we solve this problem?
What system should replace the current one to get rid of this parasite?
How, exactly, precisely do you implement this plan if you have one in mind?
Do we attack the perceived enemy and take their wealth by force?
If we succeed in stopping these parasites, don't we become them?
Won't another parasite just take their place if we get rid of this batch?

To get rid of a parasite I think you need to go deeper than blaming everything on the banks. You have to address the root cause. What makes money more important than people in the first place? Could it be that these parasites are simply functional Sociopaths or is it something deeper and more ominous. How do you address that? Why do they have such little regard for their fellow humans? Is it who we really are? Are they just acting on their most basic instinct to survive and propagate? Would not part of that same instinct be to pass wealth and knowledge on to their progeny and their peers? Then there is the other side of that coin. Don't we truly hate them because we want what they have? If we succeeded in taking it from them would we act any differently than them? Would we live happier lives or would we immediately start searching for a new target for our hate?

As a teenager I remember making fun of the girls for listening to what we called Bubblegum Music (Pop). The same chorus chewed over and over and over again. These discussions are very much like that music.

If you do take over, will you be any different. Would any of us be any different. Or, would history continue to repeat itself like the lyrics in Pop Music?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Originally posted by In nothing we trustWhat was the last meaningful, productive piece of legislation that left capital hill that benifited the enitre population of America or even a large majority of the American people, instead of some foriegn owned corporate special interest group?

The ending of the Jim Crow laws -- or do you consider the segregation laws of the 1950's and earlier to be "fair and just" and allowing minorities to vote and own computers and eat at the same restaruants as Whites to be a special interest? If you do, then your democracy isn't terribly democratic.

I'm not a racist. You just assumed that I am.

The online predators act (H.R.5319: To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to require recipients of universal service support for schools and libraries to protect minors from commercial social networking websites and chat rooms. ) ... unless you feel that laws designed to protect children from online predators (financial and sexual) are not of benefit to the majority and are of benefit to corporate special interest groups owned by foreigners?

Someone forgot to tell Congressman Foley

Intellectual property protection laws (that this board supports, and includes everything YOU write): thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.5921:

I didn't realize that my thoughts were so valuable that I needed to protect them.

Vietnam Veteran's Memorial center... oh, wait. That's a special interest group. Darn those veterans. Getting uppity and of no benefit to everyone and a corporate special interest to boot.

???

Legislation establishing the Thomas (Library of Congress) center online where you can look up laws to your heart's content rather than getting them the old-fashioned way (thomas.loc.gov...)... no, wait. How could that benefit an ordinary person like me (who just used it to look up a hudred or more of these recent bills AND congressional voting records)? That benefits ...lawyers! And ... corporations!!! Ordinary students and people wouldn't get a lick of use out of that thing.

Sorry to be the one to inform you, but most people couldn't care less.

How about :H.R.2971: "To amend the Social Security Act to enhance Social Security account number privacy protections, to prevent fraudulent misuse of the Social Security account number, and to otherwise enhance protection against identity theft, and for other purposes" Or is enhanced security for SS#s some foreign corporate plot?

More useless burocracy.

How about you research the three major privately owned credit bureaus, who's protecting you, from them stealing your information?

Or S.RES.360: "A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that legislative information shall be publicly available through the Internet" -- the law that makes it possible for me to have bills and voting records and the law at my fingertips.

Please see my previous answer, 'Sorry to be the one to inform you, but most people couldn't care less.'

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InDirectViolation
If you do take over, will you be any different. Would any of us be any different. Or, would history continue to repeat itself like the lyrics in Pop Music?

All I can say is, 'trust no one'.

Here is the fascist agenda for America.

Freedom to Fascism in America - Vote fascist in 2008
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by InDirectViolation

All I can say is, 'trust no one'.

Here is the fascist agenda for America.

Freedom to Fascism in America - Vote fascist in 2008
www.abovetopsecret.com...

BRAVO!!!! was just thinking about posting a link to the film,not that many people would watch the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
just a question is there anything in the british law that says something similar to the us constitution in regards to the people defending themselves from a dictatorship government if so i cant find it can anyone help me please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join