It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steele's Gaffe on Meet the Press

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Did anyone else see this?

When asked about a Constitutional Amendment to ban abortion in the U.S., Michael Steele (R) running for Senator for Maryland said that the Supreme Court would have to rule on it or something...this shows a total lack of understanding of our government, they are there to interpret the Constitution and if an Amendment was passed banning abortion, they'd be out of the loop and would have to enforce that amendment.

Too bad, I had high hopes for this guy...but I couldn't vote for him after seeing that.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I don't know about that, to me it sounds like an issue like abortion that is mostly a women issue is something that politicians like to bring up to their political agendas but when it comes to make decision upon it they just don't want to touch it.

Is that bad?

I think abortion is not a poltical, relgious or any business for a women business.

Or you are using this issue to point out what you see as a lack of backbone by a political candidate about how our government system works?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It has nothing really to do with the specific issue of abortion, it just showed a lack of knowledge about how the government works.

I'd think you'd want that in a Senator

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It has nothing really to do with the specific issue of abortion,

I knew that I just could not stop myself, sorry

it just showed a lack of knowledge about how the government works.

I knew that is what you mean, but remember with the amount of time that our elected politicians spend in congress working for . . . you know . . . the people that elected them. . . they kind of . . . don't have time to learn how our political system realy works, you know.

I'd think you'd want that in a Senator

Co'mon I though you know me better, right now I feel that we have nothing worth when it comes to chosing politicians anymore in our nation.

Now if you run I sure vote for you, I promise.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Now if you run I sure vote for you, I promise.

Well if I ever run you'll be the first to know marg

new topics

top topics

join