It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween - Sacrifice a Black Cat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
Authorities in Boise feel it is adults practicing 'witchcraft' and 'satanic rituals'.
Beware Boise.

THe adults in boise are cluless and don't know what their own kids are doing. Actual satanists and witches (wiccans) aren't sacrificing black cats, idiot teenagers looking for spooky 'fun' on halloween night are. These people see a cat killed and figure 'well, thats what witches do, I knows it from movies' and thats their evidence that it was witches. Heck, these guys probably are convinced its witches, but are so ignorant that they don't even know where to go to find the local wiccan covens. They'd probably be more likely to arrest 8 year olds playing with 'magick the gathering' cards than an actual witch.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

while at some festivals and feasts there might be a "sacrifice" it is more of the nature of special preperation the food to be eaten than sacrifice. Much the same as the preparation of Kosher food.

Actually that is not quite true. For the most part Santeria and Voodoo do not involve ritual sacrifice but as I stated earlier it all depends on the path you take and the orisha(s) you follow.

There are some of the darker paths of both voodoo and santeria that call for the spilling of blood.

But again as I said in my first post it's ritual magick and in the end the understanding of the ritual is what's important.

The sacrifice and what you sacrifice is not nearly as important as understanding what it represents. So again you can swap out a live animal for anything that represents that animal be it a statue a picture or (as I said earlier) a nice lovely piece of jelly filled chocalate.

Symbology is the most powerful aspect of ritual magick.

So understanding the symbol and knowing how to focus your will through that symbol is more important than getting your hands on some poor unfortunate beastie.

This excludes what you may be talking about.

In some paths of voodoo and santeria, some rituals (especially the older ones) call for the killing and eating of certain animals. This should not be confused with some half assed sacfrifice where somebody slits some poor animals throat and then drinks and baths in their blood.

The animal is killed, skinned, cooked, eaten and shared by the qroup or community.

In eating this animal that has been killed and marked a certain way with rights of power the people have infact infused the beast with magical energy that they believe they can consume.

So yes the animal is killed, cooked and eaten in a certain way but this is nothing like kosher preparation as the eating of the animal is part of the ritual itself.

So in some magical rights the eating of the sacrifice is part of the magical ritual but the preparation of kosher food is done in accordance with the old testament and of course these stem from health issues not magical rights of power.

As Chris Rock said...back in the days of the bible a piece of pork could kill you.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
this is what give teens a bad name

i remember knowing this incredibly sadistic kid, he ended up becoming a satanist and "sacraficing" someone's cat on halloween

however, i know he was using satanism as an excuse
he ended up saying to the FANATICALLY CHRISTIAN owner of the cat that he was corrupted by satan blah blah blah and got off the hook

i remember thinking, this is why people hate teenagers

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

As Chris Rock said...back in the days of the bible a piece of pork could kill you.

and still to this day. not just pork, but chicken and spinach

SpiderJ , I think we were saying the same thing in different ways.

[edit on 31-10-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   

SpiderJ , I think we were saying the same thing in different ways.

I agree completely, but I believe you'd agree that when it comes to witchcraft and magick spelling things out step by step for the casual observer is the best way to avoid misunderstandings and of course an attempt (usually futile) to explain the subtle but powerful differences between magick and a sicko covering their body in cat blood.

Namaste and Blessed be my babies.

SPiderj

top topics

<< 1   >>

join