It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween - Sacrifice a Black Cat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, you can't get a black cat in Boise from now until November from any animal shelters. Seems people up there have been buying them in the past and sacrificing them in satanic rituals on Halloween! Talk about cruelty. It just reminds you that a holiday that for 98.2% of the population that is just a fun chance to dress up and get a little "spooky" can be ruined by the rest of the population bent on sinister activities.

Or are they sinister? For all those real witches, what's the reason you would sacrifice a black cat? Is there any legitimate defense to do that?

And to everyone else... Happy Halloween to all!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think I've always heard warnings for people who have black cats to keep them inside on Halloween.

It's amazing how sick some people can be.

[edit on 10/29/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I've never heard of Black cats being tortured as part of some sick Hallow'een ritual...but I'm now paranoid enough to keep my li'l black moggy safe indoors

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The people killing animals on halloween aren't the witches, its the idiotic teenagers that are out there. Actual practicers of withcraft would be horrified at someone killing some poor animal.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The people killing animals on halloween aren't the witches,

Exactly, most of the animals run off around the streets on Halloween in my neck of the woods have no preferences.

Is just for the trill.

I will like a reliable link that points out to so call witches satanic ritual killings on Halloween night.

And please spear me the religious anti halloween sites because I am familiar with their propaganda.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Teenagers - should be subject to corporal punishment.

Thrill killing is an indicator of future violence.

Beating or/or torturing animals is an indicator of future violence.

The one's that do these things are pretty much all potential child molesters and serial killers.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
2 steps from top:

God bless you my friend - but be careful, don't fall!

No capital punishment! No more hurt to punish hurt!

Teenage its too late anyway - little kids that kill animals need drowned with love - as many times as is needed.

There is NO OTHER cure for hate other than love! Love and love and love some more!

Keep your kitties and babies indoors!

And have a blessed ALL HALLOWS (holy) EVE!

For the next day we'll be over crowded with Saints!

ALL SAINTS DAY!

This holiday is the only TRUE holiday we celebrate - notice that it is more and more each year? Even the preacher across the street has a blow up bat snow ball.

And the local lutheran Church is now 'St Pete's Pumpkin Patch!'

I laugh because I think it is GREAT! Truth is always good - the rest is false and empty boring days where we have to hang around our family - eat and sleep (God forbid the TV and the futball!)

I like dressing up! I used to make KILLER costumes - my ex-in-laws always had a big party ( just family LOL) and I always scored the best costume prize!

Cleopatra, Robin Hood (I was maid Marion but no one knew who I was), and even Lily Munster! She is cool!

I haven't dressed up in years - but this year I AM!

Have a fun holyday all you guys!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The people killing animals on halloween aren't the witches, its the idiotic teenagers that are out there. Actual practicers of withcraft would be horrified at someone killing some poor animal.

Agreed, I'm still young enough to recall the mentality of some teens from highschool. Quite scary, these people are so f'ed up themselves they want to f with anything else. They're the ones that should be killed, not the cats. And they wouldn't even be worthy of sacrifice, I doubt any deity would want that trash to be burnt in their honor.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
Well, you can't get a black cat in Boise from now until November from any animal shelters. Seems people up there have been buying them in the past and sacrificing them in satanic rituals on Halloween! Talk about cruelty.
Or are they sinister? For all those real witches, what's the reason you would sacrifice a black cat? Is there any legitimate defense to do that?

And to everyone else... Happy Halloween to all!

So it went from satanists doing this to "witches" doing it, eh? Look, most likely it is a bunch of teenage kids who think they are dabbling in some kind of occult ceremony doing this crap. People need to stop looking for excuses to degrade other belief systems.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
People need to stop looking for excuses to degrade other belief systems.

Does this mean you support the sacrifice of black cats on Halloween?

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
People need to stop looking for excuses to degrade other belief systems.

Does this mean you support the sacrifice of black cats on Halloween?

No,I support putting blame where it really lies.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well I guess I'll throw my two cents into this one as this issue tends to stick in my craw.

To elaborate on what nygdan said and to answer jupiters question, no these are not satanists doing this nor are they practitioners of any sort of wiccan based philosophy.

Now should we chalk this up to just teenagers? I don't think so. It's interesting how people will run across a few disperate books on various forms of magic and then sort of create a mish mosh system based on their limited reading and unfortunately what they see in movies, television, pop media and comics.

Some of these people are actually quite sick mentally but I will say that for every person who engages in this sort of thing the reasons tend to vary from group to group.

Not that a personal system of magick isn't a good thing, it's a very good thing and magick is very personal so developing your own style and system is actually quite helpful, but in order to do this you need a solid base of knowledge and in fact know what you are doing.

You have to understand what magick is and how it works before you go around drawing pentacles and pentagrams on walls and slitting a cats throat before the orgy to increase your power blah, blah, blah.

The menu is not the meal as they say.

Now I will also say that calling these people satanists or actually attributing these sorts of mutilations to satanists is an insult to satanists everyhwere.

Satantists understand what a sacrifice is, it's ritual magick, the cat is not important, the blood is not important the ritual and what the cat and the blood and the blood letting represent that is important.

YOu could in fact go to thrify or sav-on or whatever buy a chocolate cat (much like chocalate easter bunnies but for halloween) fill it with red jelly and sacrifice that and get the same exact result.

If you cant you shouldn't be practicing ritual magick.

It's like working with crystals, sooner or later you realise the crystal isn't doing anything it's what the crystal or stone represents and how you use that knowledge and association to focus your will and energy that does the work.

Any real satanist would scoff at sacrificing an actual cat and in fact true satanism really doesn't have as much to do with worshipping satan as it does rejecting traditional western religion.

So who are these people sacrificing black cats? They are in fact either idiots who think they're practicing satanism, just sad and sick, or are doing it for other reasons wether it be intimidation or impression of power toward others in the specific peer group (ie those too stupid not to attend the sacrifice) or simply to impress that cute goth chick that thinks your hard core.

Not satanists, not people who understand magick and certainly not wiccans.

Doesn't mean they're not dangerous.

IMO of course.

SPiderj

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Keep your kitties inside, in the meantime, enter the Halloween avatar contest!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
From Snopes.com (a rumor debunking site)

"Although no law enforcement agency or animal protection group we contacted could provide statistics about Halloween-related animal killings or abuse, the consensus is that although incidents of animal abuse may rise slightly around Halloween, it's a year-around problem, and it has far more to do with poorly-behaved kids than with organized "satanic cults".

Thank you, Nygdan, for standing up for us witchy types. I don't know of any witch who would do such a thing. Black cats are often our familiars, so we cherish them, I know I sure did with mine.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, you all may THINK that teenagers are doing this but from what I read, the Authorities in Boise feel it is adults practicing 'witchcraft' and 'satanic rituals'.
Beware Boise.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Well, you all may THINK that teenagers are doing this but from what I read, the Authorities in Boise feel it is adults practicing 'witchcraft' and 'satanic rituals'.
Beware Boise.

If the authorities think this is the work of "witches" or "satanists" they're wrong.

As mentioned earlier this is not how people, even satanists practice magick.

Now santeria or voodoo depending on how you worship and witch deities you worship there could be a sacrifice but I've never heard of a cat needed for ritual.

Chickens and goats but no cats.

Spiderj

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Being a "real witch" myself, I can say, there are NO circumstances, rites, rituals, occasions, ect where ANY living creature, whether it be a human or an animal, would be murdered, tortured, or sacrificed.

In my religon, harming in creature for purposes other than survival, protection, or justice is as close to a cardinal sin as you can get in a religon that has no set rules or concept of "sin".

Witches respect life and worship nature in all her forms. Life is sacred, part of a greater web of existance. Animals are not considered things to exploit mercilessly or use for whatever purpose fits our whims. Animals are children of nature, our brothers and sisters in the natural family.

Many witches keep an animal as a companion or familiar, and usually, because of its affinities, a cat is the main choice. A witch would not sacrifice a being who not only was her friend, but a partner in magickal and spiritual workings.

So the answer is, no one who is truly involved in witchcraft would sacrifice anything for any purpose. Halloween, or Samhain as it is known to Wiccans and Druids, is the day where the male aspect of nature, the Lord, dies, his death tearing a rent in the fabric of the veil that separates the world of the living with the world of the dead. because the veil is so thin, it is believed the dead walk amongst us in greater numbers on this day, and thus, working with the dead, communicating with them, is easier. It is also a day on which we remember all those, human and animal alike who were most dear to our hearts, who have passed from this life.

The purpose of Samhain is to honor and commune with the dead, not add to their numbers. It is a holy day celebrated with candle, ritual gatherings where cider is served. It is also a time of celebration, as death is not the end. Its is commonly known as our New Year. There are no sacrifice of any living creature on this, or any other Sabbat.

True Satanists that I have known do not sacrifice animals. They do not sacrifice people. Thats a myth.

People who sacrifice animals and people on Halloween are probably idiots who read too much Lovecraft or watch too many horror flicks, and think by killing some poor creature and chanting a few lines from the Necrinomicon, they are...ooooooooooooo...gasp...scary witches! They are as much a witch as a person who rapes and murders for pleasure is a Christian.

The authorities there honestly know nothing of what they talk about. The people who are doing this are sick useless retards who are playing with things they do not understand, and are going to feel a horrid karmic backlash from their actions. What comes around, goes around.

And if I find any of you sacrificing any critters on halloween, the unholy elf wrath will be upon you.

Other than that, Happy halloween to the rest of you and Blessed Be.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

For all those real witches, what's the reason you would sacrifice a black cat?

No Real Witch or for that matter no "fluffy witch" that I ever came across
would harm any animal for the sake of a ritual.

little kids that kill animals need drowned with love

IMO this statement need a little modification. It should read IMO "little kids that kill animals need drowned ". With the only exception being killing for food.

the Authorities in Boise feel it is adults practicing 'witchcraft' and 'satanic rituals'.

Yep there are " Authorities" like this in a lot of places, most are followers of people
like fred phelps,jack chick,texe marrs, doc marguilles,pat robertson,the pazders,
and the list goes on and on.
You might garner some information from this series of articles,Witch Hunts

Now santeria or voodoo depending on how you worship and witch deities you worship there could be a sacrifice

while at some festivals and feasts there might be a "sacrifice" it is more of the nature
of special preperation the food to be eaten than sacrifice. Much the same as the preparation of Kosher food.

While I personally hold a special place for anyone that would hurt any animal needlessly ( usually near or over an anthill, with attendant honey and rawhide.)
I would not expect all to feel as I do.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
These incidents are very rare (almost nonexistant) and are limited to kids who like to be destructive (kill a black cat and then leave it on a witch's doorstep.)

There are few modern religions that practice animal sacrifice, and NONE of them has a cat as an acceptable sacrifice. In the middle ages, killing a cat for magical purposes was only done by the "high magic" folks and the occasional "hedge witch." Most of the records of this were confessions extracted by torture.

In those days, they tortured you to find out what you'd done wrong... and they kept torturing you and asking leading questions until you confessed. The mere act of being accused by someone meant that you were already guilty, and the only thing left to find out was exactly what you'd done.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

For all those real witches, what's the reason you would sacrifice a black cat? Is there any legitimate defense to do that?

As all the other witches have said (and I'll chime in as a member of the Wiccan faith evern since 1970), there is no circumstance under which we'd harm ANY pet (we may be forced to consider euthanasia for medical reasons for a pet, but it's a very traumatic event.)

Pets, for the witch, provide grounding, energy, and assistance as well as companionship. Killing a cat or other pet would have a tremendous psychic backlash.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join