It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Orders Release of Abu Gharib Children Rape Tape

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Lets get back on the issue of the abu garaib child rape tape being released.

With a horrible thing like that going on, can the people in charge of abu garaib be allowed to not be punished, such as the direct commanders of the prison?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

LOl passion my arse. SHe is a person benefitting from the freedoms enjoyed in Australia, harping on about the glorious resistance, lol. She knows nothing about it.

In this, you know not half as much as you think you do. I suggest that you keep the topic of your post to the topic of the thread, not a member whom you clearly know very little about.

As for being pro-war well, IMO the US should ave just made a deal with Saddam, removed the sanctions and let the oil flow. Saddam was far better at suppressing his won people tehn the US could ever hope for. FREEDOM ? the Iraqi's don't deserve it, they have shown they want to be controlled by whomever wields the biggest axe. Bush talksabout building a fence between Mexico and the US, the rest of the world should od that with the Middle East, lol. Cut them off, let them kill each other, we'll go back in in 50 years adn they'll be living in huts.

Your opinion is your own, I cannot change it for you. I only ask that you consider the humanity of an issue, which again I can't make you do. But, it is ignorant to assume all of the enemy are neanderthal cavemen.

There is a lot of sectarian violence. I don't understand it. But these individuals that explode themselves are not the same as the resistance. I don't pretend to know every damn group, but there is a clear division between them.

As to being controlled...I don't want to turn this into some "glorify the ____" discussion, but their society is much different and less privileged than yours or mine, obviously. No, this is no excuse at all to be kiilling each other. But it also does not speak of a subserviant, stupid people; it speaks of an oppressed people, which frankly the United States could be heading into if this kind of crap keeps up. So make fun and knock it all day, let us both hope it ends peacefully without bringing more hints of dictatorship home.

How is that putting me down ? We are allowed disagree aren't we.

Of course, I simply didn't want you to think I was trying to attack you personally in some way. I tend to come across that way sometimes.

Hmm lets see, half of these people probably would have been crminals to begin with. And if yoiu don't call cutting poeiples heads off, torturing people in horrific ways, blowing up dozens of women and children everyday and ruling by fear MONSTROUS, I think you need a serious reality check.

This is hard to respond to. I ask that you take my response at face value and actually read it, not look for ways to shred it.

Half of them would be criminals...wrong. Just as I cannot say half of them are good, decent family men, you cannot say half are criminals. So let's not make blanket statements. Some are criminals, yes. But until you get some picture of their culture, it is difficult to judge them as people.

Now, beheadings, blowing people up, yes that is cruel and animalistic, this will never change. I don't pretend to know why these people do this, I can only label it what it seems to be, which is sectarian violence. But this is not the whole of the society! You have to keep that in mind; everything is not an absolute.

As to my reality check, all I can say is that my reality was checked in Fallujah, Mosul, and Baghdad, to name a few places. So I have some idea of what I'm talking about, okay?

EDIT: Apologies, Nygdan. Yes, we have gone off-topic, and the terrible things happening in those prisons must be prosecuted, and stopped if they are still happening. It is actions like this which actually give the insurgency an excuse for atrocities.

[edit on 30-10-2006 by Astygia]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
As to my reality check, all I can say is that my reality was checked in Fallujah, Mosul, and Baghdad, to name a few places. So I have some idea of what I'm talking about, okay?

I am curious which unit did you serve with ?

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't think that that insurgency requires any excuse, they are thugs, like the thugs that brought that baathists to power. They are going to kill their way to control of iraq.

This digusting business of raping children, thats going to force the US out of Iraq and allow those thugs to take power.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I don't think that that insurgency requires any excuse, they are thugs, like the thugs that brought that baathists to power. They are going to kill their way to control of iraq.

This digusting business of raping children, thats going to force the US out of Iraq and allow those thugs to take power.

Oh yes those "thugs" that are fighting an invading force. So you are saying if say somehow Germany invaded US during WWII you would go to the NAZIs and hand them your children to be raped, your wife to be tortured, and let them kill you because it is wrong to fight people who invade your country? Weird, I'd fight to the death, wouldn't let them torture my wife or rape any kids just because they were an invading force.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by Astygia

I am curious which unit did you serve with ?

Check your u2u.

Not all soldiers are monsters. But this entire war is not black and white, there are so many shades of grey here, you can't overlook one in favor of another.

I don't think that monsters need an excuse to be monsters either, Nygdan. But this kind of thing being done sort of removes any moral high ground that we could otherwise claim, yes?

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I have to agree with Astygia. There are many shades of grey in this war and many people in charge who intentions aren't pure. Raping of men, women and children is deplorable. It is degrading and can never be excused, no matter what the circumstances. I try to put myself in the Iraquis situation. Many are good, peace loving, wonderful people. Only a small percentage are terrorists. I understand that our soldiers have a job to do, but it should be able to be done without resorting to torture and rape.

<< 1  2   >>

join