It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Plane Crash Near Nigerian Capital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Several hours ago, a Boeing 737 operated by the Nigerian airline ADC crashed almost immediately after taking off. More than hundred people are believed to have been on board.

news.bbc.co.uk
A passenger jet has crashed near the Nigerian capital, Abuja, police say.

Doctors were urged to go to the airport after the plane, an ADC airlines flight to Sokoto, went down. More than 100 people were on board.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Since 1995 11 planes have crashed, killing more than 400 people, primarily a consequence of poor maintenance.

Some kind of international organization should be established to monitor airliner maintenance records and publicize some kind of black lists, which is already happening in the EU, though a similar international system would be wishful.

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I seem to remember only a month or two ago when a plane went down with 13 generals of the nigerian army on board, i happen to know one general who was meant to be on the plane, but got called away for something else.
Theres a rumour that the president is paranoid about a coup against him and it would make sense as no army has lost 13 generals in one day not even in war times.
My advice to people flying from state to state in nigeria is DON'T, my sources say inter state plan crashes are frequent and besides assasinations happen all the time in nigeria and no culprits are ever found or at least for the most part. if you have to fly try to avoide flying with politicians, govners and the like.

I'll come back when i can find the article on the generals plane crash and edit this post.

[edit on 29-10-2006 by reaper2]

new topics

join